Was rewatching the E3 2019 Trailer. T-Bug and Cinematic

+
Found it a bit weird how fast they got rid of her, despite her numerous appearances in promos.

She went through like 3 different designs (2 of them were even rendered in HD), had an official cosplay guide and 2 cinematic trailer appearances.

Like I said somewhere else, I really think she was supposed to play a bigger role (cinematic studios contracted for making these usually get some kind of a storyboard that exists at the time, so maybe T *was* planned to be at the Motel back then?) but then something happened (rewrites?) and they brutally downsized her screentime as a result.

See my other thread. She ain't dead...
Post automatically merged:

From all the things they removed, why the **** did they remove the thrid person cutscenes from the game. In every dialog i feel like im not part of it and i really want to have this feature back.

I will never understand this mentality. You spend your entire life in first person, but you can't feel a part of something if you don't see the back of your own head, which is physically impossible in the real world?

There is literally no way to make any visual media more immersive than using first person.

I didn't feel any sad or grieve when Jacky died because I've done that months after watching the trailer. When looking at other sad faces, I cant help trying to think of something sad.

I will never understand this mentality. You spend your entire life in first person, but you can't feel a part of something if you don't see the back of your own head, which is physically impossible in the real world?

There is literally no way to make any visual media more immersive than using first person.
Except when it's done on screen or in a game it, to me it doesn't feel immersive. The only impression I get is a bodiless floating camera. To me what would help (but would probably annoy a lot of other players) would be to have strands of hair at the side(s) of the screen, the tip of the nose at the bottom (out of focus and slightly transparent), color change of the screen and rims for glasses/visors being worn, better peripheral vision, etc. Make it really seem like the camera is a face instead.

The worst thing about 2019 CGI trailer is showing Jackie death and that it cannot be prevented in the game :/. Sucha a big spoiler in official promo... Meh.

Wrong, you see from somebody else's eyes so it's more like a movie. I guess it could have been different if the game had more choice but as it stands now it's nothing more then a movie with a more or less fixed script.

whose t bug?

The worst thing about 2019 CGI trailer is showing Jackie death and that it cannot be prevented in the game :/. Sucha a big spoiler in official promo... Meh.
They spoiled the whole game. "pergois by the beach" is basically one the last lines of the game. That scene they showed in the trailer with you and Jackie on the roof looking over night city is from the final mission. its crazy how much they spoiled.

They spoiled the whole game. "pergois by the beach" is basically one the last lines of the game. That scene they showed in the trailer with you and Jackie on the roof looking over night city is from the final mission. its crazy how much they spoiled.
I'm guessing at that time, That wasn't the end of the game, probably just the end of a side quest which was then later made into the main story after trimming down all the branching choices into a linear storyline.

whose t bug?

I was actually surprised going back that they showed almost the whole chapter 1, and told you the whole plot for Pacifica when I looked back at the videos people said hyped them up.

Only they killed Jackie in the trailer.Just sayin...

Actually i remember watching the trailer.Jackie ded?!Damn ... CDPR surely won't spoil such a thing in a trailer.My first thoughts were-"It has to have some decisions you make in the game,prepping for the heist or something,where Jackie won't die."I mean it's CDPR,right!They did Witcher 2 ,where you could have completely different playthough,based on who you side with....Boi was i wrong.

When I first saw this trailer, I found the Jackie death reveal to be shockingly spoiler-ish, but also found it forgivable because SURELY that was only one of the many possible fates for Jackie, depending on how you played the game. There were probably going to be several alternate fates where Jackie survives through the entire game... and depending on your life path, maybe he isn't even your friend to begin with.

Guess my imagination was too big for this game.

I'm guessing at that time, That wasn't the end of the game, probably just the end of a side quest which was then later made into the main story after trimming down all the branching choices into a linear storyline.

nah, looking at their videos released 2 years ago, the story was always going to have its current level of branching. There is no feasible way to do AAA heavily branching stories. In fact even in other media branching stories are pretty hard to do well.

The cost of doing scenes is very high, so your budget will determine how many scenes you can realistically have. So this means you would have to tell a shorter story. The more AAA your game, the more each scene costs, and the less you can use shortcuts. Not only that, but if the story diverges greatly its harder to match the narrative across different scenes.

They actually do a pretty good job here, because the dialog options subtlety shift pretty well. My first playthrough me and Johnny were enemies trapped in same head. Another we actually felt like partners. The first time I did the maelstrom mission it seemed like maybe these guys wasn't so bad. On another they were asking for it. There were a bunch of missions and the overall feeling of the story was very different for my friend and myself. And you don't even notice, my friend thought it impossible to be unsure if VDBs betrayed you, He thought Johnny was a great dude. Yes a lot of the story is fixed, but depending on your reactions, what content you pursue and when you can have fairly different understanding/experience of the same/similar events.

Remember they said everything shown was from only the prologue to lol
no they actually said it was the beginning of the game, which it is.

Wrong, you see from somebody else's eyes so it's more like a movie. I guess it could have been different if the game had more choice but as it stands now it's nothing more then a movie with a more or less fixed script.

Sure, but what's more immersive, looking at a movie or looking out through your own eyeballs?

I agree choices and better 1st person camera could improve things.

nah, looking at their videos released 2 years ago, the story was always going to have its current level of branching. There is no feasible way to do AAA heavily branching stories. In fact even in other media branching stories are pretty hard to do well.

The cost of doing scenes is very high, so your budget will determine how many scenes you can realistically have. So this means you would have to tell a shorter story. The more AAA your game, the more each scene costs, and the less you can use shortcuts. Not only that, but if the story diverges greatly its harder to match the narrative across different scenes.

They actually do a pretty good job here, because the dialog options subtlety shift pretty well. My first playthrough me and Johnny were enemies trapped in same head. Another we actually felt like partners. The first time I did the maelstrom mission it seemed like maybe these guys wasn't so bad. On another they were asking for it. There were a bunch of missions and the overall feeling of the story was very different for my friend and myself. And you don't even notice, my friend thought it impossible to be unsure if VDBs betrayed you, He thought Johnny was a great dude. Yes a lot of the story is fixed, but depending on your reactions, what content you pursue and when you can have fairly different understanding/experience of the same/similar events.

no they actually said it was the beginning of the game, which it is.
Even though they show the whole Voodoo Boy quest going into the mall, which is the halfway point of the game

While i dont believe Jackie was ever anything else other than just the guy that introduces you to NC an he was always destined to die, i do think branching narrative was the idea AFTER the Heist and for whatever reason it was scrapped
Letting Jackie die so early on, even having the heist so early was a big mistake. I tought that would be some Endgame shit, not the prologue. And because of that the game kinda pushes you trough the story way to quickly, i felt rushed the entire time. I wanted to explore the city at my own pace, i did do that too and boi! No wonder the game is built like that, its NOTHING to do. Only pretty sceenery.

Letting Jackie die so early on, even having the heist so early was a big mistake. I tought that would be some Endgame shit, not the prologue. And because of that the game kinda pushes you trough the story way to quickly, i felt rushed the entire time. I wanted to explore the city at my own pace, i did do that too and boi! No wonder the game is built like that, its NOTHING to do. Only pretty sceenery.
I never felt rushed to do anything as i've said before, day/night cycles are long enough i can complete a main quest and a few side in one day, couple times i do feel compelled to go straight to a main quest because of the tone of the npc on the phone but it s rare.

Now you could argue they could've stretched all of Act 1 out into a full game all by itself and i wouldn't argue because i wouldn't have known any different and no doubt they'd be posts declaring how stretched thin everything was but again im fine with where it was placed because like how jackie was used to introduce you to NC an not much else the Heist was used to setup the rest of the story like how the battle of ostagar is setup in DA:O or the rift in DA:I even White Orchard in W3

You can find him dead in trash land and shoot him there ;). Jk lack of choice is disaponting

Shooting a corpse isn't really satisfying, I want to see him beg... Or a least some animations like : cut off its head and stick it on a spike, piss on it etc ( yeah yeah I know I have some problem and no I'm no Madman Lugos :whistle: )

I never felt rushed to do anything as i've said before, day/night cycles are long enough i can complete a main quest and a few side in one day, couple times i do feel compelled to go straight to a main quest because of the tone of the npc on the phone but it s rare.

Now you could argue they could've stretched all of Act 1 out into a full game all by itself and i wouldn't argue because i wouldn't have known any different and no doubt they'd be posts declaring how stretched thin everything was but again im fine with where it was placed because like how jackie was used to introduce you to NC an not much else the Heist was used to setup the rest of the story like how the battle of ostagar is setup in DA:O or the rift in DA:I even White Orchard in W3
I totaly get what you mean, its just a bit weird to attend to his funeral when i knew him for 15minutes and honestly dont give a shit :LOL:
I just feel like it was a missed opportunity. Also im kinda used to the whole "under pressure" gimmick, and i just ignore it and take my own time. What i meant was that the game is designed around you dying so you better hurry along to find a "cure". And i honestly dont care for it.

On another note. Just started a new game as corpo. Been trough Streetkid and Nomad. Honestly, corpo feels like the best backstory so far. Felt a bit skimped on the other two, wich i was looking forwards to a LOT more (man i hate corpos). But alas i drift away, what i wanted to say was, after the prologue, they all feel EXACTLY the same. What happened to "shape the story and the world around you"?

I totaly get what you mean, its just a bit weird to attend to his funeral when i knew him for 15minutes and honestly dont give a shit :LOL:
I just feel like it was a missed opportunity. Also im kinda used to the whole "under pressure" gimmick, and i just ignore it and take my own time. What i meant was that the game is designed around you dying so you better hurry along to find a "cure". And i honestly dont care for it.

On another note. Just started a new game as corpo. Been trough Streetkid and Nomad. Honestly, corpo feels like the best backstory so far. Felt a bit skimped on the other two, wich i was looking forwards to a LOT more (man i hate corpos). But alas i drift away, what i wanted to say was, after the prologue, they all feel EXACTLY the same. What happened to "shape the story and the world around you"?
Yeah this i understand, most of my V's just go "take him to Vik's" simply because it gets me his bike fastest (meta gaming tbh) but because it seemed the better solution to just dumping outside the pub in a del, but nigh all my corpo V's send him home and attend his funeral as i think befits them but again thats because of meta gaming or they would send him to Vik aswell to get "cleaned" up for lack of better wording.

They definitely couldve made both jackie and T Bugs deaths more impactful on the player even in the time frame alotted to them by simply involving them more in the missions that are available after the montage and before the Heist.

I'll also definitely agree on alot of wasted opportunity as the game stands, hopefully, fingers crossed, updates/dlc/expansions all sort that to a degree alot of ppl are happy with but still it dont excuse what was or is tbh

Agreed, OP. Agreed.

I know it's to late, my advice is to not watch the earlier videos. they will depress you.
Agreed. I can't get over how much cool stuff we saw in the trailers just to find out it was mostly all removed or downplayed. Suppose this is why CDPR is in legal hot water right now in multiple countries, including Poland. Don't lie or mislead about your product. CDPR deserves every lawsuit coming to them.

Top Bottom