Was something cut from Hearts of Stone?

+
Was something cut from Hearts of Stone?

Someone just posted this on reddit https://i.imgur.com/Z3RgRcj.jpg - a comment in the journal for Whatsoever A Man Soweth... that refers to an idea to "save Shani". What's that about? I don't remember any threats to Shani after the initial drowner scenes.

Probably cut and very recently. Sarcen posted extracted files about the new Triss/Yen/Ciri dialogues some time ago and there was also some HOS related stuff in it. I didn't want to spoil myself so I only took a short look on it but I'm pretty sure there was a mention that Shani could die. (though not 100% certain)

Last edited:
Probably cut and very recently. Sarcen posted extracted files about the new Triss/Yen/Ciri dialogues some time ago and there was also some HOS related stuff in it. I didn't want to spoil myself so I only took a short look on it but I'm pretty sure there was a mention that Shani could die. (though not 100% certain)

Eeek! Well, glad that didn't happen...

There is this line in the w3strings file from the patch that looks like a quest objective:
0x00114095 | 0x8cbacfa9 | Save Shani from dying.
But nothing else, so it is probably a deleted quest.

I think this refers to

the illusion of Shani that dies in the riddle if oyou confront Man of Glass

Either way they probably cut it because they remembered that there is established canon stuff for Shani that happens in the future.

There is this line in the w3strings file from the patch that looks like a quest objective:

But Geralt trying to save her in
O'Dim's riddle.
Maybe it is about that?

It was an achievement called "Beat the Devil"

---------- Updated at 11:05 PM ----------

<!-- Save Shani -->
-<achievement name="EA_KillEtherals">
<platform name="ps4"/>
<platform name="xb"/>
<platform name="steam"/>
<platform name="gog"/>
<platform name="origin"/>
</achievement>

Achievement itself doesn't exist anymore but this one in the achievement.xml is still commented with Save Shani.

When It's Many Against One… has replaced Beat the Devil

Not sure about the rest of you, but I'm guessing most of you wouldn't have tried being an absolute dick with conversational options regarding Master Mirror and/or Olgierd. Is it possible if you took all the 'negative' conversational options, Master Mirror would put Shani's life on the line to force Geralt into helping him?

i.e. Saying no when you first meet Master Mirror when you meet him after the shipwreck?

Saying no when you first meet Master Mirror when you meet him after the shipwreck?

Tried that on second playthrough. Also tried different options in most of other dialogues with him - didn't spot any effect from that.

P.S.: it would be embarrassing if Shani would have died, since she has to happily live 'til the age of 72 :)

Last edited:
Tried that on second playthrough. Also tried different options in most of other dialogues with him - didn't spot any effect from that.

P.S.: it would be embarrassing if Shani would have died, since she has to happily live 'til the age of 72 :)

Well, in the books, sure.. but Geralt "died" in those and he's looking pretty good in the game... I'm really looking forward to doing another playthrough of HoS once I get my main story save up to the right level. I did it all pretty straight so I could experience it - next time I'm going to explore it.

Top Bottom