Was there patch for the game today? There was a patch for GoG and it broke my SweetFX!

+
Was there patch for the game today? There was a patch for GoG and it broke my SweetFX!

What the hell is up? I come home, boot up my rig, and run the game like usual... only to have SFX not working. I've tried re-installing it too, but to no avail. I don't think this should be the GoG patch that broke it (not sure how a platform update would have), but it says an update was finished for TW3 in the downloads section. I can't tell if that was today or not, but if it was, it must have been really small because my net isn't exactly stellar.

So why does every subsequent patch make the game worse and worse? Even if it was just a GoG patch, the damn patches for your platform shouldn't be breaking your actual games.

Edit: For whatever reason, even though I didn't install the new DLC, it still broke my game with an update. So here's the fix that someone found on reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/38cx25/new_witcher_3_update_breaks_sweetfx/

Keep up the game-breaking work CDPR, forcing your customers to fix the new mistakes every single time.

Last edited:
The next two DLC are out now, I hear, but not the 1.05 patch (which I hear is nearer next Monday or so).
I'm not part of the free DLC program package in the client and last I checked, you could view which FreeLC had come out in the additional content section. However, there aren't any anymore. If it was installed, Yenn would actually look different, but she's still the same. If it wasn't the GoG patch there must have been a phantom patch.

Maybe it downloads for everyone, but whether or not it becomes active is a matter of what the player purchased? As far as I know, everyone who bought the game gets the free DLC no matter what, but have no idea how that works or how some poeple see it and other people don't. In Steam, at least, Steam shows DLC separately from the game in the Steam window, which can be checked off and on. Hmmm. Interesting! And troubling.

If you are GOG You have to download, install via the exe file then you will have a downloaded content menu item in which you can turn appearances on and off.

What the hell is up? I come home, boot up my rig, and run the game like usual... only to have SFX not working. I've tried re-installing it too, but to no avail. I don't think this should be the GoG patch that broke it (not sure how a platform update would have), but it says an update was finished for TW3 in the downloads section. I can't tell if that was today or not, but if it was, it must have been really small because my net isn't exactly stellar.

So why does every subsequent patch make the game worse and worse? Even if it was just a GoG patch, the damn patches for your platform shouldn't be breaking your actual games.

Edit: For whatever reason, even though I didn't install the new DLC, it still broke my game with an update. So here's the fix that someone found on reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/38cx25/new_witcher_3_update_breaks_sweetfx/

Keep up the game-breaking work CDPR, forcing your customers to fix the new mistakes every single time.
It wasn't a mistake. They implemented some performance stability/increase with the new .dll's. CDPR is not responsible for supporting a third party hack (which Sweet FX/ReShade is)

It wasn't a mistake. They implemented some performance stability/increase with the new .dll's. CDPR is not responsible for supporting a third party hack (which Sweet FX/ReShade is)

this stability/performance increasing causing crashing game on some systems/pc - i dont know why but for me it was crashing game, i had to delete those files and now fine

The update broke my steam overlay, I have the gog version but I play it through steam to talk to friends, etc.

Does this mean that the game replaced/updated current DLLs or are they new extra files? I wonder what happens then if you delete them. Wouldn't the game just download them again, or redownload them during any file verification? Would the game even work if we just deleted these files? Not sure how these files work with the game. Help!

Does this mean that the game replaced/updated current DLLs or are they new extra files? I wonder what happens then if you delete them. Wouldn't the game just download them again, or redownload them during any file verification? Would the game even work if we just deleted these files? Not sure how these files work with the game. Help!

it added files you wouldn't have unless you're using sweetfx/reshade in which case it would overwrite the files and stop your sweetfx profile working. i re-overwrote the files back with my sweetfx/reshade versions of the files to make sweetfx work again and seems to work fine.

it added files you wouldn't have unless you're using sweetfx/reshade in which case it would overwrite the files and stop your sweetfx profile working. i re-overwrote the files back with my sweetfx/reshade versions of the files to make sweetfx work again and seems to work fine.

But still, that means the game itself needs the version of the files it downloaded for some reason, which someone said was related to stability. Overwriting them with the other files from SweetFX or ReShade would then, by consequence, undo the dev's work towards stability, yes?

Best to wait for SweetFX or ReShade moders to update from these new files and update their sets, I would think.

Top Bottom