Was YongYea being dishonest in his Review?

+

Is he

• Yea

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have to accept their incentive is very short-term clicks, with a slow burndown on views over time. To generate money via advertisement they must always jump on the latest fad. Earlier it was Cyberpunk will change the world, today is Cyberpunk is a dumpster fire, tomorrow it will be Cyberpunk is getting so much better with DLCs and basta.

He's an advertiser not an ethical journalist, because it simply doesn't bring him as much money. In France we were shocked by the difference between american video-centric, short-term click reviews and french slower, more written and traditional video game journalism that told us things about the game we didn't hear in english (quests unplayable, PS4 version most likely not working, AI unfixable, delay necessary til mid 2021) - there was ofc a huge backlash against "too traditional journalists who don't understand anything", until... vindication lol Now we say they were even too nice...

You are bitting the wrong part of the stick... All of the youtubers lied about the 5 hr playthrough and the 15hr one....they were hyping people even though they saw the issues...lifepaths are 20 min..they lied their asses off on their yellow chairs. Dont give a damn about their reviews. Dont watch any of em again.

You are bitting the wrong part of the stick... All of the youtubers lied about the 5 hr playthrough and the 15hr one....they were hyping people even though they saw the issues...lifepaths are 20 min..they lied their asses off on their yellow chairs. Dont give a damn about their reviews. Dont watch any of em again.

No no that is in part what I am referring to with the behind doors early access previews.

You make it sound like they provide such a vital service and in order to keep providing that service they need to try and operate somewhere between the lines laid down by their corporate overlords performing such a great sacrifice because if we weren't able to get the content they provide? Well that would be the true tragedy!

But truly it is not Youtube that these guys need to afraid of, it is their fans, fans can be more fickle that Youtube ever was and if you say the wrong thing you can watch your sub count just evaporate, kind of why Yong has to wear 2 faces here, before the backlash when CDPR was the darling of the fans it was nothing but knob slobbering, after the backlash he is mad at hell at the unnacceptable and shady practices of CDPR.

In all honesty I don't hate these people for their chosen grift, if they can make money doing what they do then all the more power to them, however I just don't respect it as a career, they aren't providing a vital service and a monkey could do what they do and probably to a better level, it is why I really could not give a fuck every time they go on about how Youtube is taking all of their ad revenue and they really deserve all that ad revenue because they entertain brainless 5 year olds, donate to my Patreon pls!
Main issue I have with this argument is that whilst yes, your point is entirely true in that the man was basically a huge cdpr fan at before release and is now commenting on the negative aspects, isn't that an entirely good thing that should be happening? If he had a fantastic time in the game (which he evidently did despite the bugs and such), good for him, but at the same time criticising him for also calling out the fact that CDPR went full corpo mode with the console release (which nobody knew about until after it released), is something that isn't right. Calling out the good if its good and calling out the bad if its bad.

Yong certainly isn't one of the most unbiased reviewers out there or anything, but my personal impression was that the review didn't seem dishonest and that the guy seems to really enjoy the game still, but also realises that the Company did some major shady shit that only got revealed after the game got released. If anything, it's a step in the right direction. I'd be more concerned if everyone was still defending CDPR's handling of console releases

Main issue I have with this argument is that whilst yes, your point is entirely true in that the man was basically a huge cdpr fan at before release and is now commenting on the negative aspects, isn't that an entirely good thing that should be happening?

If only that was what was happening but it isn't. Of course I would never criticise somebody for giving honest truths even if they are criticising something that they are a fan of, I it may not look like it but I am still a fan of CDPR and I did enjoy Cyberpunk even if I did think it fell short in more than a few areas and I would like to think that even though I am a fan of their work I can still look at it objectively and see the things that could have been done better, that is not what we are talking about.

The thing that we are calling out is that some of the things they are calling CDPR out for NOW are things that they probably should have noticed before hand and probably did notice but failed to mention so as not to derail the hype train, I mean these are the chosen people who CDPR flew out to special events and sent early access copies as well as swag like gamer chairs and figurines and such, I mean shouldn't these people have called these issues out THEN instead of waiting till after release and seeing the outrage mob then jumping on the bandwagon pretending they were with them the whole time?

Granted they probably did not have access to last gen copies of the game so they get a pass on that but in regards to things like the lack of police AI, the lifepaths not meaning diddly squat and the general buggyness of the game, these issues were either downplayed or not mentioned at all, some features were completely oversold or downright lied about. You can blame CDPR if you want for overselling the game and while they did to a degree the real people overselling and overhyping were the social media influencers who are now trying to play the plausible deniability card and pretend they were always on the side of the gamers and fuck CDPR for mis-marketing the game.

Of course I already knew this about social media influencers but I like using situations like this as a good way to point this sort of thing out for those who aren't quite as perceptive as I am.

This is just a personal attack towards YongYea, and other what the OP calls "social media influencers". Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom