Watch CD Projekt RED Summer Conference today at 5 p.m. GMT

+
Seems interesting, and I can't wait for it but, for the love of god, don't use your own engine for this. Especially if you're building a game with FPS mechanics, use the CryEngine 3.

elevul said:
Seems interesting, and I can't wait for it but, for the love of god, don't use your own engine for this. Especially if you're building a game with FPS mechanics, use the CryEngine 3.

Who said it's gonna be FPS? And why would they get to learn and pay for the new engine, while they have their own technology that is on par with CE3?

gregski said:
Who said it's gonna be FPS? And why would they get to learn and pay for the new engine, while they have their own technology that is on par with CE3?
Because their own technology is not even close to being on par with the CE3, be it for graphical capabilities, or for the close to non existant scalability...

elevul said:
Because their own technology is not even close to being on par with the CE3, be it for graphical capabilities, or for the close to non existant scalability...

While you can have your own preference of the engine, there is no way they are going to use CE3 which is a bitch to learn and master and you have to PAY CRYTEK FOR IT. It wouldn't be a wise move both in terms of technical and financial issues.

They have their own technology that was designed with creating RPGs in mind, so yeah, go on with your speculations.

Please, please, please, I need that game on consoles, please. I LOVE cyberpunk theme and a videogame made by CD-Projekt cannot be but awesome.

P.s.: Please. :(

Cloche said:
Please, please, please, I need that game on consoles, please. I LOVE cyberpunk theme and a videogame made by CD-Projekt cannot be but awesome.P.s.: Please. :(

I am pretty sure any future releases by CD project will be on both PC and xbox. :rolleyes:

gregski said:
While you can have your own preference of the engine, there is no way they are going to use CE3 which is a bitch to learn and master and you have to PAY CRYTEK FOR IT. It wouldn't be a wise move both in terms of technical and financial issues.

They have their own technology that was designed with creating RPGs in mind, so yeah, go on with your speculations.

Im cautiosly optimistic. :)
Even if they dont develop some "cutting edge" shooter mechanics, as long as they stick to their best instincts -non-linear story, changing world according to your choices, mature story, lush art style-, Im confident it will be a great game.

Take for example, Deus Ex:HR, it didnt have the best, fluid, combat mechanics there is, but if you'd add to that all the things in which CDPRed excels... you got a motherfucking great game. :)

To be fair, TW2 is still a year old. So it is too early to talk about the sequel. Although I was hoping for some kind of expansion, but I don't know how they can expand on it.

Looks very exciting... anyway, I'm not at all familiar with cyberpunk; I was wondering if there was ANY chance to have classes that don't use guns? But with all the talk about FPS and shooter mechanics, I'm afraid mine is a futile hope...

I think it's great that they give the DRM-free Witcher digital copy on GOG, because lots of people have bad problems getting it to run on Windows 7 with the outdated TAGES drivers. And all the patching from the original version or even the EE drives many less computer savvy people crazy. So I say yay, more power to the people. They can still be gamers without being nerds like most of us around here. ;)
Of course I already got the GOG version, but that doesn't mean I can't share in the joy.

DelightfulMcCoy said:
Looks very exciting... anyway, I'm not at all familiar with cyberpunk; I was wondering if there was ANY chance to have classes that don't use guns? But with all the talk about FPS and shooter mechanics, I'm afraid mine is a futile hope...

You can probably expect melee weapons, a katana is likely.

Nothing's known about the perpective the game will use, if I'm not mistaken. People probably expect first person because of Deus Ex. And honestly, I hope for first person as well.

By the way, you can finish most of the DX games without using guns. The first one is actually possible to finish without killing anyone, Human Revolution requires you to kill bosses.

gregski said:

Then I just hope they get some good coder who knows what scalability is, because TW2 had basically 0 scalability. The fps gap between max settings (ubersampling aside) and minimum settings was close to nil, and was basically unplayable on my old computer (while I could play crysis 1 and 2 on minimum settings*).

* = Hell, crysis 1 ran on a Radeon pro 9700, ffs, at 800x600 min settings and over 30fps, and that's a 2003 graphics card...

elevul said:
Then I just hope they get some good coder who knows what scalability is, because TW2 had basically 0 scalability. The fps gap between max settings (ubersampling aside) and minimum settings was close to nil, and was basically unplayable on my old computer (while I could play crysis 1 and 2 on minimum settings*).

* = Hell, crysis 1 ran on a Radeon pro 9700, ffs, at 800x600 min settings and over 30fps, and that's a 2003 graphics card...

I don't know I play Witcher 2 at with everything on except SSAO and Ubersampling on a single HD 5770, Q6600 and 4gigs of ram at 1920x1200 and get 35 fps while playing even during action heavy scenes like the opening of Act 2 or Flotsam with all it's npcs.

People who complain about old computers need to just buy a new one. I purchased my computer originally in 2008. The only thing I've really upgraded since then was memory and video and the game runs smoothly on high. On Ultra I get some lag, so I stick to high, but I have no problems. Just about any modern game works well at the highest or close to the highest settings. I also have a Q6600, 4 gigs of ram like the poster above, but I have a HD 5850 I believe.

If your computer is older than 5 years old, it's time to upgrade. $1K every 5 years for something that you use every day isn't the worst thing in the world.

nnecron said:
To be fair, TW2 is still a year old. So it is too early to talk about the sequel. Although I was hoping for some kind of expansion, but I don't know how they can expand on it.

Well, I think people just want a "This is what's next in The Witcher universe." Whether that what's next is an expansion or new game to be released in a couple years. Just to know that it's being worked on would be something that many would be glad to hear. People who are constantly thinking about TW3 obviously can't get enough of the witcher games and want more :D.

DelightfulMcCoy said:

Same with me I only know Blade Runner, but there was talk of
"Gigantic arsenal of weapons/upgrades/implants and cool high tech toys."
This sounds promising, and perhaps not necessarily limited to just guns. Maybe it will link to the different class characters mentioned.
I can't wait! :D

@secondchildren
Snap! :D

AnthonyF1227 said:
People who complain about old computers need to just buy a new one. I purchased my computer originally in 2008. The only thing I've really upgraded since then was memory and video and the game runs smoothly on high. On Ultra I get some lag, so I stick to high, but I have no problems. Just about any modern game works well at the highest or close to the highest settings. I also have a Q6600, 4 gigs of ram like the poster above, but I have a HD 5850 I believe.

If your computer is older than 5 years old, it's time to upgrade. $1K every 5 years for something that you use every day isn't the worst thing in the world.

You know there is something called scalability, which is a very important property of engines, and it's something the RED engine lacked horribly in TW2...

Top Bottom