Watch Cyberpunk 2077 on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series

+

Lilayah

CD PROJEKT RED

Hey Choombas!

Our friends at NVIDIA have just unveiled their new GeForce RTX 30 Series GPUs – check out Cyberpunk 2077 enhanced with ray tracing and DLSS running on their awesome new hardware:

Learn more about GeForce RTX here.

Last edited:
Looks super great! Will it run properly on my 2080 Ti OC though?
I got it about a year ago and (as many people I suppose) not ready to upgrade.

The RTX 30++ Has been released and it has double the performance of the 20 series. Best you try to sell your card and get the 3070 or up. I would personally wait for the release of the 3090 TI and custom water-cool it with a nice AIO. U be sure that gaming on HQ 4K with RTX on will be without any performance issues whatsoever. Good luck! :)

The RTX 30++ Has been released and it has double the performance of the 20 series. Best you try to sell your card and get the 3070 or up. I would personally wait for the release of the 3090 TI and custom water-cool it with a nice AIO. U be sure that gaming on HQ 4K with RTX on will be without any performance issues whatsoever. Good luck! :)

You don't need 3090Ti to play in 4K. 3080, not even Ti, is more than enough.

i mean it's certainly what the PR is claiming, no benches to know if it's actually true yet though.

Nvidia themselves claim that the RT/Tensor cores have "up to twice the speed", and they used a graph in the presentation, that indicated 1.9x efficiency over the 20-series - none of these things directly equal specific performance gains, though. The new cards will be faster, naturally, but yeah we don't know by how much until the benchmarks are out.

Nvidia themselves claim that the RT/Tensor cores have "up to twice the speed", and they used a graph in the presentation, that indicated 1.9x efficiency over the 20-series - none of these things directly equal specific performance gains, though. The new cards will be faster, naturally, but yeah we don't know by how much until the benchmarks are out.

Founder's edition benchmarks are coming on 16th, this month. One (or two) day later - 3rd party.

Best you try to sell your card and get the 3070 or up.

I'd caution against this advice. The primary reason being supply considerations. Great, new GPU's are out. It doesn't mean you'll be able to purchase one. In recent years paper releases have become the norm, not the exception. It might be 2 months post release before 3000 series cards are easily obtainable.

I believe the first part of your post, or the "up to twice the speed" element, was a reference to architectural changes. This does not necessarily mean the resulting performance on the cards will be twice as good relative to the previous generation.

In terms of the 1.9x efficiency, well, as the name implies this is a reference to performance per watt. It's an efficiency metric. Nothing more or less.

At this point I'd completely ignore any of the "it's X times faster" claims. These type of claims lose a lot of their meaning without context. It's true for a very large number of performance metrics (on literally every piece of PC hardware). As with anything the smart play is to wait until independent, reliable benchmarks are available.

I'd add, I'm still curious to see what AMD has up their sleeve.

I believe the first part of your post, or the "up to twice the speed" element, was a reference to architectural changes. This does not necessarily mean the resulting performance on the cards will be twice as good relative to the previous generation.

In terms of the 1.9x efficiency, well, as the name implies this is a reference to performance per watt. It's an efficiency metric. Nothing more or less.

At this point I'd completely ignore any of the "it's X times faster" claims. These type of claims lose a lot of their meaning without context. It's true for a very large number of performance metrics (on literally every piece of PC hardware). As with anything the smart play is to wait until independent, reliable benchmarks are available.

I think you read my post wrong, as you just drew the exact same conclusions that I did. I was posting to clarify these things for another user, and now you've re-clarified them - which doesn't hurt, I guess. :p

I think you read my post wrong, as you just drew the exact same conclusions that I did. I was posting to clarify these things for another user, and now you've re-clarified them - which doesn't hurt, I guess. :p

Oh i was already clear on what they had said and was implying it is likely horse manure given the ~50% power draw increase that makes performance per watt claims deeply suspect.

Ray tracing is definitly one of the things im hyped about. I think it works better for cyberpunk than any game so far.

Top Bottom