Watch our brand new, opening cinematic!

+
Kodaemon said:
Also they generally need to work in some more mentions or flashbacks for
the unnamed viper witcher from the TW1 outro
into the game. It seems everyone just forgot about the guy.

Agreed. Maybe of the 2 new quests deals with him, hopefully.

And I've watched the trailer around 10 times now. It's really fun to watch and beautiful to look at.

With regards to Cory's concern.
I see where you are coming from. But you know the saying "a story is only as good as its antagonist" (won't say villain because that's not what Letho is). Seeing such an awesome antagonist might make new players excited about the story nonetheless.

slimgrin said:
They'll have a hard time having Geralt out-badass Letho.

I'd say yes, only because Letho is a magnificent bastard on top of it all.

Though honestly, Cory's point is valid because as much as I love Geralt, I'd rather play a Letho. More proactive and more cunning.

KnightofPhoenix said:

Though honestly, Cory's point is valid because as much as I love Geralt, I'd rather play a Letho. More proactive and more cunning.

I was thinking the same as her actually. Either players will be so enamored with Letho that Geralt doesn't make an impression, or...they might be thinking 'I want to take that SOB down.'

What I love is the ridiculous attention to the details. The way the curve of the arrow affects its path even as Letho dodges it. The expressions of the sorcerer, and the ridiculous amount of ice fragments. Geez. How long did it take to render?

I also love how the crown is like superglued on the king's head. Isn't letho afraid of the head slipping out?

I think when Letho's holding Demavend's head, he's holding it by the hair beneath the cap. Then when he has it at his belt, it seems to be in a net of some sort.

Hey Marcin, could you plz upload the trailer on your YTube channel? I need to link it into WWiki, and the site only support YouTube embedded videos.

secondchildren said:
Hey Marcin, could you plz upload the trailer on your YTube channel? I need to link it into WWiki, and the site only support YouTube embedded videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwTl2YojJ0I

It's already on youtube. I'm wondering if the conference will get uploaded as well

Well this intro is one of the best!, together with first TW intro and outro of course!...

KnightofPhoenix said:
I am very excited to see the outro CGI!
Do we know for sure that there will BE an outro? If so ... oh, my! The outro for TW1 was very informative about what TW2 would be about, so I'd LOVE to see an outro for TW2.

KnightofPhoenix said:

I don't see Geralt as a completely set character. I can make him as cunning and proactive as the game allows.

Don't forget that TW2 is an RPG, where Role-Playing is supposed to be it's primary focus.

the witcher youtube channel has the video up in 1080p
Actually for a moment even I shared the same concern as Cory, when I started TW1 the first time it totally blew me away. Looking at this new intro for TW2 the same thing happened as with everyone else, so for new players how is Geralt going to make an impression in the beginning? But as far as it goes as an intro for TW2 it is perfect, the core game is the Assassin's of Kings after all
Seeing we have about 33 minutes of cinematics surely there will be Geralt and other moments and at this point if I'm not wrong they already have the main plans, details and all for TW3 atleast at some stage so there will be an outro no doubt

eskiMoe said:
Is there a way to download the uncompressed movie file to you computer? Youtube quality is hardly top notch.

If you change YouTube to 1080p and download it (with some firefox add-on for instance) you'll have the 170 MB full HD version. =)

One word about me after watching the video: droooling

PS.: Slim, the one you posted has only 720p

Get this one: (has 1080p)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ajukUlRKdA&feature=player_embedded

From the official Witcher2Game YouTube account

KnightofPhoenix said:
Agreed. Maybe of the 2 new quests deals with him, hopefully.

And I've watched the trailer around 10 times now. It's really fun to watch and beautiful to look at.

With regards to Cory's concern.
I see where you are coming from. But you know the saying "a story is only as good as its antagonist" (won't say villain because that's not what Letho is). Seeing such an awesome antagonist might make new players excited about the story nonetheless.

huh? never heard that one. some stories don't even have antagonists. do you mean "a story is only as good as its characters"?

Top Bottom