Watch our brand new, opening cinematic!

+
fchopin said:
The only thing i find a little strange is why the archer does not aim for Letho with the first arrow.

Watch closely, the floor shakes and collapses when he starts to aim the arrow, he sways just before shooting it.

gregski said:
Watch closely, the floor shakes and collapses when he starts to aim the arrow, he sways just before shooting it.

I saw the swaying but he is supposed to be a good archer and i would not call killing another person by mistake as good shooting.

Yep. There isn't a single detail that lacks logic. Look at the bow string quiver, the arrow bend as it spirals through the air - which is exactly how it works if you've seen slo-mo of archery shots. You can even see the archer try and reach for another arrow at the last second.

fchopin said:
I saw the swaying but he is supposed to be a good archer and i would not call killing another person by mistake as good shooting.

stress, shock, swaying and other factors probably. although i think one arrow should have at least scraped letho somewhere.

MM360 said:
<p>The new intro for PC and Xbox 360 The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition is now available on <a href='http://www.thewitcher.com/the-witcher/2/xbox/' target='_blank' >our website</a>. The 3.5 minute animation created by Tomasz Bagiński, BAFTA winner and Oscar nominee, gathers great acclaim.</p>
<p>"The intro not only shows a very important event in the Witcher’s universe(the assassination of king Demavend) but also it is a real piece of art. I think people who haven’t played the game should enjoy it as much as our fans. The creators of the intro – Platige Image – are real artists and you should be prepared for a jaw dropping experience," says Adam Badowski, head of CD Projekt RED, the studio developing the game.</p>

AMAZING
intro.
One of the best ever

fchopin said:

there are lots of professional football players that miss a penalty in a moment of tension (Have you seen the World Cup?). So perhaps our archer doesnt do it sooo good under pressure...

Alright, competition time. :cool: Which CGI trailer makes you squeal with excitement more? The Letho intro? Or the Arkham City trailer? I can't decide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muCtJsy-d9w

NotSlimgrin said:
Alright, competition time. :cool: Which CGI trailer makes you squeal with excitement more? The Letho intro? Or the Arkham City trailer? I can't decide.

Arkham City trailer of course.

Both are superb, but since the Batman trailer was released before the actual game was released it got me more excited. The Witcher 2 trailer didn't have that effect anymore.

not sure what's so great about arkham's trailer, actually. i've seen similar reactions elsewhere. personally, i thought the look towards the camera at the end was pretty stupid. the cgi is decent though.

I think Arkham's trailer is more realistic looking, in fact its realistic to an uncanny degree. Technically I put them on the same level, aesthetically as well. I prefer the way pacing is done in the Letho trailer - the actions syncing with the music, the blood and vivid colors contrasting with the ice. Both of them tell an effective story. I think they are the two best trailers ever imo.

NotSlimgrin said:

Well, when it comes to trailers and competition,
i think this one still has no match...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar-qKACbnkg&ob=av3e

And i think that cause, unlike Arkham City and Witcher,
Resident Evil games actually suck lately and i don't
like them, but this trailer made me want to play them.

fchopin said:

I think that if the floor is collapsing that would mess with his aim a bit don't you think?

Just checked the comments on Youtube to the Letho intro: my impression is that viewers now think he's the game's protagonist. ;)

Kitadol said:
I think that if the floor is collapsing that would mess with his aim a bit don't you think?

A pro never pulls the trigger until he knows, does not matter if there was swaying or something different. And the archer was shown as a pro.

NotSlimgrin said:
I think Arkham's trailer is more realistic looking, in fact its realistic to an uncanny degree. Technically I put them on the same level, aesthetically as well. I prefer the way pacing is done in the Letho trailer - the actions syncing with the music, the blood and vivid colors contrasting with the ice. Both of them tell an effective story. I think they are the two best trailers ever imo.

I think the Arkham trailer is very well done, no doubt about it. The premise being so tried ("I know your secret identity... MUAHAHHAHHA!!!"), is kind of a downer at the end, IMHO.

Probably I will get negative points for this but I think this one is better than the Batman trailer...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=750KflE-Yew[/media]

Granted, the game is absolute crap (Im the first to acknowledge this), but the trailer, judged on its own, is awesome.

Having said this, I think NOTHING touches the Letho trailer, all the reasons you already made, folks.

JackintheGreen said:
Having said this, I think NOTHING touches the Letho trailer, all the reasons you already made, folks.
Well, I still prefer the intro cinematic from the first game.

Technically it's nowhere near as stunning but I just love the short story it's based on.. :)

@JackintheGreen
You have my for this.

How you dare... Batman forever

Offtopic:
Anyway, I'm stunned by the hyperrealism 3D art movies is going to. I mean at one point, a 3D char is unnoticeable from a real actor...
Not sure if I like it eventually.

eskiMoe said:
Well, I still prefer the intro cinematic from the first game.

Technically it's nowhere near as stunning but I just love the short story it's based on.. :)

Oh, ABSOLUTELY, I agree with you. I was just talking about "trailers" Ive seen.

Top Bottom