Watch our brand new, opening cinematic!

+
Watch our brand new, opening cinematic!

The new intro for PC and Xbox 360 The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition is now available on our website. The 3.5 minute animation created by Tomasz Bagiński, BAFTA winner and Oscar nominee, gathers great acclaim.
"The intro not only shows a very important event in the Witcher’s universe(the assassination of king Demavend) but also it is a real piece of art. I think people who haven’t played the game should enjoy it as much as our fans. The creators of the intro – Platige Image – are real artists and you should be prepared for a jaw dropping experience," says Adam Badowski, head of CD Projekt RED, the studio developing the game.

One of the best CGI scenes I've ever seen. My compliments to the team who did it.

Edit:

"The new, ultra-modern engine provides both beautiful visuals and sophisticated in-game mechanics, putting players in a world more alive and believable than any ever created in a video game. The depth of the gameplay and the mature, non-linear storyline make The Witcher 2 one of the most complex RPGs ever released on consoles."

Uhmm. I'd be bit more careful with statements like this..

Hats off to Mr. Baginski and Platige Image studio!

And to you guys for making an awesome, jaw dropping trailer, just for...you know...a console port adaptation!

Absolute swiving masterpiece, Blizzard just got owned, then again the cinematics throughout the game were brilliant especially the heartwrenching death of King Foltest.

I assume that Icehell phylactery was a device crafted by Sile and the lodge but where the hell were those lazy beggars Serrit and Auckes? In Vizima with the third member of their troop, fleeing a failed assassination attempt? Securing a getaway for the Kingslayer? Reporting to the Nilfgaardians? Like all good fiction this poses more questions than it answers.

Is there a way to download the uncompressed movie file to you computer? Youtube quality is hardly top notch.

Remember that people who haven't played the game will be reading the forum, while the excitement for the release on the Xbox builds. Please remember to put spoilers under spoiler tags.

Thanks.

The attention to detail is incredible; the stoic calm of the archer as Letho charges, the way his arrow spirals through the air, the hint of red flesh when the arrow spears a frozen figure, the way the king jerks at the initial knife thrust - this should be a damn movie.

Have to agree with bLoth.

I do wish that Serrit and Auckes were present. I hope they at least get more exposure in the game, it would be a shame otherwise.

Also they generally need to work in some more mentions or flashbacks for
the unnamed viper witcher from the TW1 outro
into the game. It seems everyone just forgot about the guy.

The new cinematic is incredibly gorgeous, and I'm amazed at how lifelike all the characters are. The opening shot of the archer's face ... the guy looks REAL, not like a game character.

So, yeah, the new CGI intro is visually stunning and very well done. But the CGI intro from TW1 made me want to know all about Geralt, whereas the CGI intro for TW2 makes me want to know all about Letho. If that's the introduction to the game that new players get, I worry that they'll be disappointed to end up playing Geralt; they'll want to play the cool, unstoppable bald guy they've just seen.

So even though the new intro is fantastic, I worry about it as an introduction to the series for brand-new players. Shouldn't new players be shown that GERALT is a cool, unstoppable guy?

I had been unsure that I wanted to play TW1 when my husband got it for me for my birthday, in March of 2008 (Yeah, go ahead, laugh. It does seem funny now. ) Then I watched the intro to TW1 and had to dive in, so I could play this cool Geralt guy.

People who watch the intro for TW2 ... won't even see Geralt.

It's gorgeous, CDPR, it is. Gorgeous, cool, wonderful, all of that. But I worry that it's not going to serve you as well as the intro for TW1 did.

Woah~ No words to explain how epic that was. Best intro to a game I've seen. Even beats the first game's intro to be honest. Awesome job guys!!!!!

Corylea said:
So even though the new intro is fantastic, I worry about it as an introduction to the series for brand-new players. Shouldn't new players be shown that GERALT is a cool, unstoppable guy?

Yeah I kinda get what you're saying. Technically I'm a new player to the TW2. I have seen plenty of videos and LPs but I'll finally get a chance to play it myself now that it comes out in Xbox. (Lol that's probably a shocking confession for a lot of ppl here but I don't have a good enough PC to run this game properly so like a sucker I have to wait for this release XD!)

Anyway, I still think the mighty Geralt, well is a badass but this trailer does put Letho in an epic light. I do however have to wonder at how such a big guy like Letho can move THAT fast. lol

I like how the archer and the mage manage to have their own cool moments, despite being kind of throwaway characters and dying so quickly.

I have to reload this trailer once in a while, you guys pulled of a true "epicality" with this stuff.

I love the moment when Letho grabs the soldier and uses him as his shield...he explodes so beautifully from that fireball o_O

Top Bottom