Watch our live announcement at 5:00 PM GMT tomorrow for exciting news from CD Projekt RED

+
Mrowakus said:
I bought my version of TW2 from GOG. It was more expensive than the regular version, it didn't have nice stuff inside - like manuals, maps etc, but it was all fine and dandy. Now I learn everyone and their dog received the same service I did even if they paid cheaper.

To clarify - I am glad my colleagues who purchased TW2 in retail got what they received. However, to me the message is clear - I will never again buy a new game from GOG because it just doesn't pay. By purchasing games in retail you get a physical copy with all the goodies as well as digital one on GOG. Unfortunately, it doesn't work the other way round.

Similar situation with Fallout 1, in my case, though I am happier with that. I hope more and more people will learn how amazing game it is and support Wasteland 2 when it's ready.

We could also do with some news on TW3, you know? As far as we know, CDPRed didn 't even start working on it. Some concept arts would be cool.

So these are my gripes. No, not disappointments - merely gripes. However, to me it was kind of hard to muster any enthusiasm for the news I received. Can you blame me?

you got it wrong mate. Even I bought mine from gog initially and then the retail, all others were just "lucky" due to the devs generousity that does not imply you shouldn't buy from gog. they do great work over there, I'm not a big fan of those old/indie games but even I can tell how passionate they are in their work. The fact they give so many games for free, backup for ALL Witcher fans (check all witcher not just gog or any particular cliche) and now even done the imaginable - getting rid off drm brining in AC1 from the demon itself! (you know what that means)
you don't want to purchase from gog in the future? fine. just don't let this be the god dam reason thats what I'm trying to say

Adityathewarriorwithin said:
you got it wrong mate. Even I bought mine from gog initially and then the retail, all others were just "lucky" due to the devs generousity that does not imply you shouldn't buy from gog. they do great work over there, I'm not a big fan of those old/indie games but even I can tell how passionate they are in their work. The fact they give so many games for free, backup for ALL Witcher fans (check all witcher not just gog or any particular cliche) and now even done the imaginable - getting rid off drm brining in AC1 from the demon itself! (you know what that means)
you don't want to purchase from gog in the future? fine. just don't let this be the god dam reason thats what I'm trying to say

No, I don't think I got it all wrong. Pure arithmetics shows that I lost on the transaction - everyone paid at most as much as I did and received more. So the logical conclusion is - when TW3 comes out (or any other game by CDPRed) on GOG it's better to buy it from Atari or Namco or Warner Bros or what-have-you. You pay less, get more stuff and receive GOG version regardless.

It's a very peculiar behaviour when a store rewards some random people more than it's paying customers that made it possible for them to share stuff for free in the first place.

It's a little bit as if an XBox 360 gamer on purchasing the version for his console received the PC version as well, whereas you, who supported CDP from the start, were stuck with just the PC game, because duh... you had already bought it, hadn't you?

Mind you, I won't boycott GOG older games, nor DRM free newer titles - like Assassin's Creed or Heroes V. I will simply tell everyone I know the truth - if you want to to buy a new CDPRed game, buy it from anyone other than GOG - in the long run you will benefit from it more.

@Mrowakus
I don't get it: why did you pay it more than others? I remember I paid it about €45 with €16 to spent on additional games. And my version was full of goodies: map, pamphlet, papercrafts, artbook and so on. Why didn't you receive the same stuff?

Top Bottom