Watch our live announcement at 5:00 PM GMT tomorrow for exciting news from CD Projekt RED

+
Hi there.

What a great conference. CD Projekt and Gog are totally knowing what they are doing, and they are doing it right.

I have a copy of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (Not digital). So do I have any chance to play it on Mac? I know that we can have back-up copies for The Witcher 2, but is it also applicable for the first game? Maybe throughout that way I can use my copy on my Mac.

Daywalker30 said:
The free stuff are the additional 4 hours of gameplay (and EE 10 gb patch) how can you not be satisfied?

Everyone already knew that and I am still excited about it, but I was hoping for new info / announcements.

Guys chill, I am disappointed with the conference because I was hyped and had very high expectations, I am not disappointed with CDPR in general. I am very grateful for what they are doing and I can't wait for the EE.

KickTheEgg said:
Hi there.

What a great conference. CD Projekt and Gog are totally knowing what they are doing, and they are doing it right.

I have a copy of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (Not digital). So do I have any chance to play it on Mac? I know that we can have back-up copies for The Witcher 2, but is it also applicable for the first game? Maybe throughout that way I can use my copy on my Mac.

Hi there, Kick

Only if you have the Steam PC version of The Witcher... :)

Aver

Forum veteran
KickTheEgg said:
Hi there.

I'm pretty sure that answer is unfortunately 'no'.

KickTheEgg said:
Hi there.

i am not sure but i think you can register your copy on steam, so it gets activated through it as if you bought it there and then you should be able to play!.

I got no idea if that's how add non steam games or other options to add the serial as in activate the game through steam! work xD

KnightofPhoenix said:
Everyone already knew that and I am still excited about it, but I was hoping for new info / announcements.

Guys chill, I am disappointed with the conference because I was hyped and had very high expectations, I am not disappointed with CDPR in general. I am very grateful for what they are doing and I can't wait for the EE.

Sure, it was kinda disappointing, but I don't think we know everything from EE additional content aside from the 2 quests (which are 4 hours), they might be still some minor content.

JackintheGreen said:
Hi there, Kick

Only if you have the Steam PC version of The Witcher... :)

How unfortunate for me. I am sure that CDPR will solve this. Even if they don't it is not a problem because they are really acting generous and sensitive.

The new trailer they showed, with Geralt coming out of the hut. You guys think we will see that scene ingame, or was it only made for the trailer to promote the game?

Nisse said:
The new trailer they showed, with Geralt coming out of the hut. You guys think we will see that scene ingame, or was it only made for the trailer to promote the game?
Probably just for trailer, since there is horse. Just like that one scene from How to kill a Witcher trailer with Zoltan, Triss and drunken Geralt falling from table. I was really disappointed that this scene wasnt in game :/

Nisse said:

that new trailer you are referring to is here
as it says it is a stand alont story from TW universe and not in game footage from TW2
don't know what does that mean time will tell "52 and a half"

also does anyone remember the previous conference? those "unlocked" features to be revealed as time passes? well are they all out or left (by how far)?

Adityathewarriorwithin said:
also does anyone remember the previous conference? those "unlocked" features to be revealed as time passes? well are they all out or left (by how far)?

Yes - I'm curious about that too!

Kodaemon said:
So, will the GOG backup include a digital version of the Dark Edition artbook? I'd like to have that at least in that form :/

I was wondering that as well. It would be cool to see the extra pages from the new artbook.

I have a question about Brigida in case anyone has been watching all the spoilers and already knows the answer:

In the presentation he mentioned that Brigida is one of Roche's agents, so does this mean that she will not appear on Iorveth's path? And if so, does Iorveth's path have a completely different quest there?

WardDragon said:
In the presentation he mentioned that Brigida is one of Roche's agents, so does this mean that she will not appear on Iorveth's path? And if so, does Iorveth's path have a completely different quest there?

Yes, it does. It's 2 hours quest in Roche's path and 2 hours in Iorveth's, so I believe there are 2 different quests

KnightofPhoenix said:

How dare you be disappointed at CDPR. Who do you think they are? Bioware?

/sarcasm

gregski said:
Yes, it does. It's 2 hours quest in Roche's path and 2 hours in Iorveth's, so I believe there are 2 different quests

Okay, thanks :) I had been trying to avoid spoilers so I was a bit surprised by that, but it's good I find out now so that it doesn't confuse me while I'm actually playing the game :p

That's pretty cool. I own The Witcher 1 EE in Steam, and I'm in Windows 7 on my Mac right now, so I'll be able to give it a go in OS X too, :D

Do I sense The Witcher 2 EE for Mac sometime in the next year or so? I think I do. Looking forward to the comic on iOS and most importantly, the EE!

Nisse said:
It's not in-game footage, it's been made strictly for trailer purposes.

I bought my version of TW2 from GOG. It was more expensive than the regular version, it didn't have nice stuff inside - like manuals, maps etc, but it was all fine and dandy. Now I learn everyone and their dog received the same service I did even if they paid cheaper.

To clarify - I am glad my colleagues who purchased TW2 in retail got what they received. However, to me the message is clear - I will never again buy a new game from GOG because it just doesn't pay. By purchasing games in retail you get a physical copy with all the goodies as well as digital one on GOG. Unfortunately, it doesn't work the other way round.

Similar situation with Fallout 1, in my case, though I am happier with that. I hope more and more people will learn how amazing game it is and support Wasteland 2 when it's ready.

We could also do with some news on TW3, you know? As far as we know, CDPRed didn 't even start working on it. Some concept arts would be cool.

So these are my gripes. No, not disappointments - merely gripes. However, to me it was kind of hard to muster any enthusiasm for the news I received. Can you blame me?

Top Bottom