Watch the new Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty teaser!

+

Dominika

CD PROJEKT RED

Introducing Idris Elba as Solomon Reed, an FIA Agent for the New United States of America. Team up and take on an impossible mission of espionage & survival.

Get ready for Phantom Liberty – a spy-thriller expansion for Cyberpunk 2077 set in an all new district of Night City. Coming 2023 to PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X|S.

Well... It's something. I had hoped CDPR learned their lesson and waited until there's more than 10 seconds of working gameplay to show. Here's to hoping it's a step forward before the game is shuttered.

Moxy3

Forum regular
That CDPR is investing in big names again makes me anxious. Gives me the feeling the money might be spend on the wrong places and it will be a pretty empty DLC, with a short story and no gameplay updates or any other updates for the world so theres more interaction.

But i will wait. I will just wait for the release and watch/read some reviews. I really hope for the best, but Im keeping my expectations low just in case.

I like Idris Elba. Hell I'd take him over Keanu Reeves any day. But I'm tired of Hollywood slowly leaking into gaming. So many talented voice actors who do this for a living, and here CDPR goes again getting another celebrity. What's next, more popular youtuber cameos. PLEASE STOP!

The teaser looks fucking cool and Idris Elba is a badass. Also, he's a "celebrity" because he's a damn good actor. He earned it. He's not an actor because he's a celebrity. Also, it's not just voice acting, it's the whole nine yards.

Believe me, I know so many brilliant actors who will act your socks off and it breaks my heart knowing you may never see them perform, but I strongly take issue when an actor who's legitimately good, has worked hard, and is lucky enough to become established is then dismissed as a "celeb".

And btw, I'll vociferously argue that studios need to take more chances on lesser known talent. Trust me, I'm personally affected by this and I'm thankful when casting directors fight with studios to cast a lesser known. But let's put the casting back into perspective a little. Who is the main character played by again? Oh right, Cherami Leigh and Gavin Drea. They're not hollywood royalty. Neither is Carla Tassara, Emily Woo Zeller, Matt Yang King, Jason Hightower, etc. So when people freak out over two famous actors being included, when they're helping to get bums in seats, thereby DRAWING EXTRA ATTENTION TO THOSE LESSER KNOWN ACTORS, I just can't help but throw my hands up in the air. Is it really so hard to see how this is a blatant WIN-WIN for everyone involved? Especially for all those actors I just mentioned? (Also, hey, Reeves rocks as Silverhand and Elba will probably do a solid job in this too).

Seriously getting tired of the relentless cynicism and buzzkill on here sometimes. I'm not suggesting everyone clamber on board the hype train but at least wait for the thing to come out first. Sheesh.

Wish we got a date so I can decide whether or not to do a fourth playthrough or wait a bit, but Idris Alba is a badass and will definitely do a bangup job. Maybe we'll get a date soonish? I dunno....

I expect some ppl on here to be a bit buzzkill-y so nothing new...some will never be satisfied because reasons.

Seriously getting tired of the relentless cynicism and buzzkill on here sometimes. I'm not suggesting everyone clamber on board the hype train but at least wait for the thing to come out first. Sheesh.

Here?

This is an internet wide problem. It is worse with the gaming community though. I mean, to this day there are still people who swear up and down that Reeves ruined everything by somehow forcing CDPR to rewrite the script just for him. Despite mountains of evidence showing this would completely out of character for the man and the fact that he can't actually force them to do that.

Gamers will always come up with whatever rationale they can to justify their shitty behaviors. People in general do this but it's exponentially worse within the gaming community.

Otherwise, completely agree with you. I discovered Cherami Leigh with CP2077 and she did an absolutely amazing job as the lead.

Anyway. Great to hear more about the expansion. A few interesting things in there. A quick peek at the vehicle combat update as well as, at least, one more takedown with the mantis blades. I assume there will be more takedowns and more new features and it got me excited for what's to come but I do find myself in the same position as @LadyMiseryAli.

A QX announcement would be great.

I didn't see anything yet that motivates me to want to buy it (although base game issues will influence me in that regard more that how good PL might look). However, one thing I noticed is that they only showed PC footage, no console, which doesn't exactly inspire confidence given the history of CP77.

Here?

This is an internet wide problem. It is worse with the gaming community though. I mean, to this day there are still people who swear up and down that Reeves ruined everything by somehow forcing CDPR to rewrite the script just for him. Despite mountains of evidence showing this would completely out of character for the man and the fact that he can't actually force them to do that.

He didn't force them, he asked them. And they obliged. Seems to me the original story should have taken precedence over a celebrity's wishes.

Some thoughts -

Pretty cool trailer - didn't get me nearly as "hyped" as the first Phantom Liberty one though.
Have always liked Idris - so his announcement is neat.
A little surprised we did not get a release date. I wonder if we are looking at late 2023?
The longer this expansion takes the more my expectations grow in terms of the amount of content that will be included.

Given the amount of time the expansion has taken and how many people have been on it (if you look at the charts they release during investor calls they had a pretty sizable team already back at the release of the game) I am starting to think this thing is going to cost $30-$50 and be at least Blood and Wine size... if not larger.

But I am also ready to be disappointed. :D

Top Bottom