Watch The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt “The Trail” Opening Cinematic

+
It was good cinematic just before game starts so I assume game starts with us riding along Vesemir.

That was what exactly I had in mind. Now just hope that's actually the case and now just waiting for gamersyde to upload the uncompressed one unless the admins here decide to give us that first and then watch the fuck out of it several times till m̶y̶ ̶b̶i̶r̶t̶h̶d̶a̶y̶ the game comes out.

both W1 and W2 were a bit 'removed' from the actual story.

W1 told entire short story from the past that was very relevant in the game itself (at the end of cinematic, the story of striga is resolved)
W2 showed entire assassination and sets enough intrigue around Letho and his plot (at the end, the story of assassination is resolved)
W3 shows some edgy killings and explosions (at the end, it solves nothing, they were just where they started)

You said even I would be pleased, you said that everyone would. I was not. I came here to say that and it's clear I am not the only one who felt that was underwhelming.

The intro from TW2 EE is so, but so much better, in so many ways. I showed it to my friends and sold TW2 to them. I don't think I can do that again.

Gave it a watch again and again. Thoughts:

• Shouting soldier in the beginning is corny as frak. And not that well animated or dubbed.
  • Sets the scene for the beginning of the game. We are looking for Yennefer along with Vesemir. Why was she running? Where is she going?
  • The scale is much, much bigger than 'Killing Monsters' and TW2 opening cinematic. I imagine that's why it's shorter... also not that well animated in some moments.
  • I really wouldn't mind some narration by Geralt or Vesemir. I know, I know, show, don't tell. But this is intro cinematic and I'm sure there are people out there who have no idea what is going on - it would help them understand.
  • Love seeing Yennefer kicking ass.

Also... Vesemir looks like a Zaporozhian cossack hahahaha.

[*]I really wouldn't mind some narration by Geralt or Vesemir. I know, I know, show, don't tell. But this is intro cinematic and I'm sure there are people out there who have no idea what is going on - it would help them understand.
I think they wanted to stay in the theme of characters not speaking during the intro. The first one had a narrator, but only at the beginning and at the end, and narrotor didn't participate in the scene.

I'd say nothing special. Sod was better, so were opening cinematic for witcher 1 and 2.

Edit: I like shots of Geralt though, pity he doesn't look like that in actual game.

Last edited:
Damn I wonder how long it look them to create that cinematic CGI! Looks like hard work!
This was my second thought- my first was, "Oh snit, I think my graphics card is going to have a coronary."

A bit underwhelming.

Very good but I can shake the feeling it could've been much better, especially considering the previous witcher CGI videos made, and that this is the intro for the last and final witcher game.

For a game where the wild hunt is part of its title, and its role is connected to Geralt only through Ciri, this intro kind of misses at least some relation to those main elements, not even a shadow in the distance, a suggestion, a tease, anything. Adding those things would've also made it a longer intro and possibly helped direct the whole situations better for a more exciting beginning of the game. As it is now its too short and separated from what will probably be the main events of the game.

Anyway the good part is, what was shown, was indeed awesome, and Yennefer looked better than ever. Very satisfied.

W1 told entire short story from the past that was very relevant in the game itself (at the end of cinematic, the story of striga is resolved)
W2 showed entire assassination and sets enough intrigue around Letho and his plot (at the end, the story of assassination is resolved)
W3 shows some edgy killings and explosions (at the end, it solves nothing, they were just where they started)

His point still stands though. W1 and W2 intros telling their own story which got resolved at the end. Where W3 intro is set up for beginning of the game. Of course it didn´t resolved anything (you will resolved it in the game).

In that case I can see W3 intro working better.

Last edited:
If no one noticed that-Yennefer attacked Aedirn army by her magic in that battlefield. Maybe that was Aedirn and betrayal suppose to mean when that puzzle week was.

Top Bottom