Watch The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt “The Trail” Opening Cinematic

+
Same guy present in both Killing Monsters trailer and the Trail cinematic (Trail's secret)

This guy is present in both Killing monsters and the Trail. His face looks the same, he has the same hair, and the same armor in both trailers.

Killing monsters
View attachment 6966

The trail
View attachment 6967

The trail
View attachment 6968

This guy is significant, since he is in both trailers. I think this has something to do with the secrets mentioned in the "Follow the Trail, find the secret" source code. He was carrying a bag full of books, keys, potions and other junk, which seemed to have something to do with magic or curses. He dropped them when he collided with Yennefer, and then they made eye contact with each other before he took off running. Yen stared him down as he was running away like she knew something. I think he committed the betrayal mentioned in the Trail's source code.
This raises questions such as who is he, What are the significance of the stuff in the bag he was carrying, Why was he running, Why was Yennefer running away, Did Yen took part in the battle or she just happened to be passing when the battle took place, and so on.
What are your thoughts ?
Let your imaginations go wild as we await the Witcher 3. Maybe there is a secret in "the Trail" after all.

Attachments

• guyk.jpg
    guyk.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 26
  • pin.jpg
    pin.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 28
  • guyt.jpg
    guyt.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 30
cool, I never saw that. so would Geralt have already dealt with him in the killing monsters trailer before looking for yen.

if the bag has something to do with magic and curses and he ran rather than collect the things he dropped, because he recognized yen after they bumped into each other. my theory is that he stole or was asked to steal those things. in the killing monsters trailer he didn't seem the type to have anything to do with magic. so they don't belong to him, so he was either put up to it or figured he could get something out of it. also because he ran from yen and he knew her from sight and ran at sight than he must have though the risk of picking them up was not worth it. why though, because if yen is with nilfgaard he wouldn't have anything to fear from her, and if he didn't know yen than he wouldn't have run, that or he was so afraid it didn't matter.

CDPR,Thanks a lot for this,was a really nice intro !

PS: Is the INTRO soundtrack out yet ?It was soooo great

Last edited:
It is too short but then again, the game is ages away from release so that is okay.

Vesemir looks odd. I mean he looks so different in game as opposed to this cinematic.

Loved seeing Yennefer who looks good and kicks ass. She also does not seem to be mad or amnesiac. From the information we have, it appears Geralt's first task is to track Yennefer down after she sends him a letter to meet him in a village but that place go wrecked so he must find her.

CDPR,Thanks a lot for this,was a really nice intro !

PS: Is the INTRO soundtrack out yet ?It was soooo great

YES ! I loved the intro soundtrack ! T'was amazing ! Here's hoping someone manages to get their hands on it and post it. The music in this one is more epic than Sword of Destiny, IMO.

Vesemir looks odd. I mean he looks so different in game as opposed to this cinematic.

How do you mean in game? From TW1? I guess that's what happens when you recreate a character from 7 years ago, and 2 game engine's later.

How do you mean in game? From TW1? I guess that's what happens when you recreate a character from 7 years ago, and 2 game engine's later.

I think he means this:

But as I've said in a previous threads, Platige characters always look different from their in-game counterparts, it's nothing new. :)

Cinematic trailer

Quick question - was the dark haired girl Yennefer in the latest cinematic trailer?

Thanks. That is all i wanted to know.

Top Bottom