Watch_Dogs coming out on all "home consoles" this holiday season

+
@Sardukhar - in the unlikely event that Watch Dogs is discounted in the Steam Sale to the value that I think it's worth, is there any reason why I would want the Deluxe Edition?

Nooo..hmm. the extra missions are fun, but not worth the money, unless you get it for the same price as regular, which I did.

If you do get it, apply the http://www.wired.com/2014/06/watch-dogs-mod/. Doesn't seem to affect framerate, restores the PC graphics quality. Oh, Ubisoft, you so naughty.

'K. Thanks.
I've a suspicion it'll be the Christmas sale though, it's still too new to get discounted to a level I'd consider appropriate for that particular game.

Omg...
I had Assassins Creed IV, given with my new computer.... I couldn't lauch it at all from Uplay, and there was absolutely no other way around to play it...
Got to love Uplay.

FINALLY finished the game...some thoughts:
STORY:utterly predictable from the very beginning...as a matter of fact at one point I was expecting ...not....BEGGING them to pull the old cheese "I bet you didn't see that coming ha" twist that I hate so much just so the actual plot would get somehow interesting but NOPE...also....writing and dialogues are REALLY atrocious at times.
GAMEPLAY:The hacking gimmick is pretty neat and at least to me it actually didn't get old that fast...for some reason "press button for awesome" is something I just can't get enough of.What I didn't like though is that so many things were contextual(takedowns,climbing,crouching......................................................)
GRAPHICS:The fact that Ubisoft hid some of the gfx effects is just...UBISOFT.The game actually ran and looked pretty solid(once you tweak it to the hell and back).
MUSIC:The part that seriously disappointed me...there were some interesting musical cues here and there like the fixer contracts theme,but everything else was just really bland.
I give this game an Assassin's Creed /10 and hope that the sequel (just like for that game)will improve pretty much on everything(I said "pretty much" cause you can't have EVERYTHING better...that's just silly).
P.S. No Person of Interest easter eggs....
WHY.......JUST.....WHY.....

Last edited:
A billion devs release PC versions of their games with checkpoint saves held over from console versions and everyone just rolls with it. The graphical fidelity of a AAA game is compromised to allow for parity across all versions, though, and internet hell breaks loose.

Seriously, people. I'm all for hating on WD, but let's get our friggin' priorities straight.

they're symptoms of the same disease, cross platform development. thus same priority level.

FINALLY finished the game...some thoughts:
STORY:utterly predictable from the very beginning...as a matter of fact at one point I was expecting ...not....BEGGING them to pull the old cheese "I bet you didn't see that coming ha" twist that I hate so much just so the actual plot would get somehow interesting but NOPE...also....writing and dialogues are REALLY atrocious at times.
GAMEPLAY:The hacking gimmick is pretty neat and at least to me it actually didn't get old that fast...for some reason "press button for awesome" is something I just can't get enough of.What I didn't lik though is that so many things were contextual(takedowns,climbing,crouching......................................................)
GRAPHICS:The fact that Ubisoft hid some of the gfx effects is just...UBISOFT.The game actually ran and looked pretty solid(once you tweak it to the hell and back).
MUSIC:The part that seriously disappointed me...there were some interesting musical cues here and there like the fixer contracts theme,but everything else was just really bland.
I give this game an Assassin's Creed /10 and hope that the sequel (just like for that game)will improve pretty much on everything(I said "pretty much" cause you can't have EVERYTHING better...that's just silly).
P.S. No Person of Interest easter eggs....
WHY.......JUST.....WHY.....

Is it cool if you just want to blow stuff up?

I got GTA IV just to blow stuff up.

The story is utter crap but if you just want to create mayhem, it is fun.

as i said to people while watching the trailers "this isn't hacking, this is having a backdoor to a system" Watch_dogs should have been person of interest the game, instead we had another ubisoft protagonist disorder patient and some non story.

I did have some fun with it, but it was a missed opportunity of truely gargantuan proportions.

GRAPHICS:The fact that Ubisoft hid some of the gfx effects is just...UBISOFT. The game actually ran and looked pretty solid(once you tweak it to the hell and back).

Actually it's more likely pressure from the console makers.
You can't make it obvious their product in inferior to a PC in any way, people might quit buying/using their products.

Oops, I was going to include a video I liked, but I can't find it... It also seems I can't just delete this post...

Last edited:
Top Bottom