Watching Edgerunner makes me sad

+
Because we cant.

Huge part of a story is David relationship with Lucy and the fact how he is destroying himself because of chrome. Not everyone would like Lucy or want to loose himself in chrome when we know consequences so plotwise it could be disaster. I think CP2077 story is fantastic and "save yourself" theme is so natural for everyone.

Watching anime, I definitely see which areas should be expanded in a game - cyberpsychosis for example.

I think CP2077 story is fantastic and "save yourself" theme is so natural for everyone.

I'm curious about this assertion. I'd wonder how many people feel that they are worth saving, especially at the expense of others.

I've long suspected that a lot of people keep going as a result of either duty or momentum, but I could easily be projecting.

It would be interesting to see a breakdown of what peoples' first ending was. Sure, you go back, meet Hanako at Embers again and do something else, but how many people decided they weren't worth the cost of saving and took Victor's advice on the rooftop?

Maybe they genuinely feel this way, or maybe it's just RP.

I'm curious about this assertion. I'd wonder how many people feel that they are worth saving, especially at the expense of others.

I've long suspected that a lot of people keep going as a result of either duty or momentum, but I could easily be projecting.

It would be interesting to see a breakdown of what peoples' first ending was. Sure, you go back, meet Hanako at Embers again and do something else, but how many people decided they weren't worth the cost of saving and took Victor's advice on the rooftop?

Maybe they genuinely feel this way, or maybe it's just RP.
I certainly hope the majority of people see the value they have. I've seen the bleak ending (not played it) and it hits hard. I did like the way CDPR used the credits-sequence messages to show the impact that decision had on people V had interacted with - V did matter.

My first play-through ended with Hanako, because I generally think logically and it seemed like a real solution.. oops. Since then, emotional solution every time (going with Panam).

If the game was horrendous you wouldn't have an anime.

Such a bizarre take, if the anime was the game its more likely the game would not have sold well and there wouldn't be an anime. How do I know this? Simple, how many anime games do you see as major triple AAA titles? They're actually famously very bad.

To clarify not everything in the anime I liked, I didn't like the fact that the cyberwear made David basically have superhero powers and others as well. But what I did like in the anime that was missing in the game was the sense of being a nobody and lonely in this dark city and then finding hope when you befriend a crew and you do gigs together, this aspect was completely missing from the game after Jackie was killed off. I don't blame the game because I dont take the game all that serious its not really a game for me but more of a proof of concept. I know CDPR will get it right in CP2.

yea but they skipped his attempt and went straight to the end.

I'm not disagreeing, it feels like the game was missing an act.

Either Act II where you do a lot of Edgerunner missions before the Dex one or an Act III where you have the aftermath of Johnny's quest.

I'm not disagreeing, it feels like the game was missing an act.

Either Act II where you do a lot of Edgerunner missions before the Dex one or an Act III where you have the aftermath of Johnny's quest.
I would say the jackie montage was the best part of the game that you didnt get to play at all. I would say that part should've been far bigger than just an act I would say it should have been 2/3 of the game right there.

They're both different stories with similar ideas and themes but I think they're both great. I'm glad the show did a different take and perspective. I like the crew and team idea in Edgerunners but I think that sort of thing works better in multiplayer.

I would say the jackie montage was the best part of the game that you didnt get to play at all. I would say that part should've been far bigger than just an act I would say it should have been 2/3 of the game right there.
Would have loved to play that part. From my second playthrough onward, I always let Dex wait in his fancy car while I just completely solo Watson and imagine I could just go on like this forever. I even roleplay: eat, go to diners and bars in between jobs or go shopping, watch some TV at V's apartment. Sleep and shower. (Since 1.6: Try out new clothes.)

And only when this gets boring, I imagine that my V starts thinking: "Is that all? Isn't there a faster way to get some money? Wait, there was some gig Jackie was setting up..."

It's not perfect, but it feels like a story arc.

Because we cant.

Huge part of a story is David relationship with Lucy and the fact how he is destroying himself because of chrome. Not everyone would like Lucy or want to loose himself in chrome when we know consequences so plotwise it could be disaster. I think CP2077 story is fantastic and "save yourself" theme is so natural for everyone.

Watching anime, I definitely see which areas should be expanded in a game - cyberpsychosis for example.
This. If I'm not mistaken Cyberpsychosis was a real danger a player could face from earlier gameplay trailers (Humanity cost on Cybernetics). Would be cool if we could get some type of mechanic that expands on this, but maybe CDPR tried already and it turned out to be way more problematic, I don't know.

This. If I'm not mistaken Cyberpsychosis was a real danger a player could face from earlier gameplay trailers (Humanity cost on Cybernetics). Would be cool if we could get some type of mechanic that expands on this, but maybe CDPR tried already and it turned out to be way more problematic, I don't know.
I recall some interview quoted here where CDRP said that it would be pointless as it would be the end game state.

Cyberpsychosis in table exists to motivate players to have different kind of characters to compliment other characters skills and work as team. If amount of chrome wouldn't be limited everybody would just make a tank. That I recall from Mike Pondsmith, I don't remember if it was article youtube or what.

It would be difficult to implement also because it's intellectually sort of dead end and that not everyone reacts same way to things. What would cyberspychosis affect... for me it would be V and Panam text messages added in 1.5 if you go to route that there are things V couldn't say. LOL

I think it's best explored via NPC's and what they did in game that regard, you may notice that some cyberpsychos are packing a lot of chrome, then others like certain speck op's soldier and one attacking in certain clothing store aren't really packing that much chrome and that they aren't really sure what causes it.

I recall some interview quoted here where CDRP said that it would be pointless as it would be the end game state.

Cyberpsychosis in table exists to motivate players to have different kind of characters to compliment other characters skills and work as team. If amount of chrome wouldn't be limited everybody would just make a tank. That I recall from Mike Pondsmith, I don't remember if it was article youtube or what.

It would be difficult to implement also because it's intellectually sort of dead end and that not everyone reacts same way to things. What would cyberspychosis affect... for me it would be V and Panam text messages added in 1.5 if you go to route that there are things V couldn't say. LOL

I think it's best explored via NPC's and what they did in game that regard, you may notice that some cyberpsychos are packing a lot of chrome, then others like certain speck op's soldier and one attacking in certain clothing store aren't really packing that much chrome and that they aren't really sure what causes it.
Actually cyber psychosis mechanic could be be super fun - let's say some kind of hardcore mode...
Here are a few ideas on how it could work...

- CDPR would need to rebalance the game in order to be harder but make all cybernetics stronger. (Even on enemies)
- Then they would create some kind of timer showing how much is relic messing with V and how much time is lefts before V dies...
- In order to play faster V would need to use chrome, which would kill him if overused.
- By using chrome (and for example just by stress from combat/dialogs, while just having a chrome) some kind of bar would charge (it could reset after sleep or meds usage). After this bar is charged V would be somehow nerfed permanently.
- On lower CP levels it would be small things like sometimes shaky aim, the character would freeze in the combat or say something stupid in the dialog. When it happens would be decided by chance, increasing by cyber psychosis level.
- On higher levels of psychosis V would for example start randomly shoot on people or would have hallucinations (false enemies or something really similar to show)
- In addition, we could have a limit on healing - you would need to sleep to fully heal your wounds
- It could be a really interesting mechanic adding some pressure and urgency which the game definitely needs (not 41897646 generic gigs). Will you use chrome in difficult battles? Yes, you can sleep, but you don't really have lots of time... Will you avoid chrome? The game will be harder, you will be slower, wounded more often.
- It would be an endgame state, but visible - play differently or you will die. It would add a little bit of planning/RPG elements
- Point of this is to ramp up the difficulty, increase pressure while playing, and increase replayability - you will not be able to do all gigs/quests
- Finally, they could somehow limit saving for this mode (just autosave for example)
- You could live ultimate chrome power fantasy, but it would cost you a game... ("Become a legend" feeling)

Actually cyber psychosis mechanic could be be super fun - let's say some kind of hardcore mode...
Here are a few ideas on how it could work...

- CDPR would need to rebalance the game in order to be harder but make all cybernetics stronger. (Even on enemies)
- Then they would create some kind of timer showing how much is relic messing with V and how much time is lefts before V dies...
- In order to play faster V would need to use chrome, which would kill him if overused.
- By using chrome (and for example just by stress from combat/dialogs, while just having a chrome) some kind of bar would charge (it could reset after sleep or meds usage). After this bar is charged V would be somehow nerfed permanently.
- On lower CP levels it would be small things like sometimes shaky aim, the character would freeze in the combat or say something stupid in the dialog. When it happens would be decided by chance, increasing by cyber psychosis level.
- On higher levels of psychosis V would for example start randomly shoot on people or would have hallucinations (false enemies or something really similar to show)
- In addition, we could have a limit on healing - you would need to sleep to fully heal your wounds
- It could be a really interesting mechanic adding some pressure and urgency which the game definitely needs (not 41897646 generic gigs). Will you use chrome in difficult battles? Yes, you can sleep, but you don't really have lots of time... Will you avoid chrome? The game will be harder, you will be slower, wounded more often.
- It would be an endgame state, but visible - play differently or you will die. It would add a little bit of planning/RPG elements
- Point of this is to ramp up the difficulty, increase pressure while playing, and increase replayability - you will not be able to do all gigs/quests
- Finally, they could somehow limit saving for this mode (just autosave for example)
- You could live ultimate chrome power fantasy, but it would cost you a game... ("Become a legend" feeling)
Frankly, and I mean no offence nor restrict your freedom to make suggestions, these all look really awful.

Well, we could say that actually V`s chip slowly killing is something similar to cyberpsychosis. It would be nice to have some side effects from using chrome too much, but on the other hand this mixed with V`s puking because of a chip making him loose identity would be too much.

I kind of missed more deeper cyberpsychosis missions. I don know why we needed 18 very similiar cyberpsychos to fight and not really more couple multilevel pieces of story.

Personally I like the game’s story. Calling it horrendous is a bit over exaggerated. The average marvel movies these days is far more horrendous story wise simply BC they’re by the books same ole same ole play it safe and frankly that gets boring. CP2077 has some weaknesses story wise but overall it was solid and I’ve seen far worst game stories told before.

Top Bottom