Watching Edgerunner makes me sad

+
Well, we could say that actually V`s chip slowly killing is something similar to cyberpsychosis. It would be nice to have some side effects from using chrome too much, but on the other hand this mixed with V`s puking because of a chip making him loose identity would be too much.

I kind of missed more deeper cyberpsychosis missions. I don know why we needed 18 very similiar cyberpsychos to fight and not really more couple multilevel pieces of story.

I was about to say that cyberpsychosis causes hallucinations, agonizing pain, and possibly murderous rage. So, yeah, V has the issue anyway.

However, it should be noted that Edgerunners actually went against the grain with both Cyberpunk Red and where CDPR went. Cyberpsychosis has long been the setting's most controversial element with a lot of people feeling it was ableist and also unrealistic. After all, in RL, plenty of people have artificial body parts and not turned into psychotic killing machines.

In the anime, the parallel between steroids and performance enhancing drugs is much clearer versus actual prosthetics.

I love the show, i'm a bit stunned with how it ended, and I'm not sure if it'll continue because of that ending, or if we'll follow a different crew

Well it was planned to be a one time series. Maybe because of its positive reception they will make another one but I kind of doubt it. Edgerunners anime is more about building a brand and making people play CP2077 after that and we can see already that its doing good job with that. But I dont think that season two would make that much impact in terms of atracting new people as season one - after all now everyone is into anime and it would be watched by the same people. For CDPR best thing at this point is to create wide range of products - anime, games, comics etc.

After all they will not get profit straight from anime - but there will be from a game due to anime.

But also I wouldnt say no to new season but maybe in 2-3 years from now with different story.

If it made money and they properly merchandised it, it would work out very well for CDPR to continue the series.

I think they should do an anime about Rogue, Dex, or Evelyn and Judy.

Last edited:
That would work against a game as this is primary platform to introduce you to characters and explore them. Anime about them will spoil a lot of things.

If it made money and they properly merchandise it, it would work very nice for CDPR.
Just a guess, but not only "interesting" for CDPR, even Netflix.
When they have a "Netflix Serie" which is exclusive at their platform and which reached the "top 10 of most viewed series" the very first week, I'm sur that Netflix won't be against a second season :)

then jhonny f...ing silverhand entered in the chat
Where are ppl getting these weird conspiracies from. Edgerunners would never have been a game. Why? Because making a game about a teenage killer in a world full of sex and debauchery would have seen the game banned in several countries. It's why they removed much of the nudity from the current game and you don't see a whole lot of teenagers in night city in the game.
Just think about what you're saying for a second and you'll realize these conspiracies are nothing more than ppl grabbing at straws.

However, it should be noted that Edgerunners actually went against the grain with both Cyberpunk Red and where CDPR went. Cyberpsychosis has long been the setting's most controversial element with a lot of people feeling it was ableist and also unrealistic. After all, in RL, plenty of people have artificial body parts and not turned into psychotic killing machines.

In the anime, the parallel between steroids and performance enhancing drugs is much clearer versus actual prosthetics.
Cyberspychosis due prosthetics is intellectual dead end because it's not sound by medical research that has been quite extensive after world wars and other conflicts and relevant cases from accidents.

You are correct about anime, root so to say, being addiction.

Cyberspychosis due prosthetics is intellectual dead end because it's not sound by medical research that has been quite extensive after world wars and other conflicts and relevant cases from accidents.

Yeah, it was just made up for the game to prevent minmaxing. No realism allowed or needed.

Which is, perhaps, why CDPR went to such efforts to make it clear that every cyberpsycho in the game is suffering from other issues.

Except the one Maelstrom cyberpsycho that may actually be Lilith/Satan.

It was never implied to be a physical thing in the game, this is the first I've heard anyone suggest that. Not all the ppl who fell to it were disabled. This is a world where ppl choose to replace parts, not all of them are out of necessity.

It's always been about addiction, that's the entire premise of the cyberpunk genre as a whole, people turning to technology as an escape...a drug. No matter the story, that has always been a common theme in every cyberpunk adaptation because it's central to how the genre was born.

Wait a second, do you actually think the main story of cp2077 is bad?
I strongly disagree if thats the case, the game story and writting is pretty damn great.

I mean, I make fun and mock everyone who uses the Keanu Reeves ruined Cyberpunk 2077 people. The anger is over the ending being a downer.

I have argued that V's survival is ambiguous in all of them but suicide.

Guest 3847602

Yeah, some fans actually believe CDPR threw out their script because of Keanu Reeves and somehow this old script was completely different as well as better.
Well, fortunately, there's this new game about the young crew and their journey from rags to riches. It even got vehicle chases and a happy ending. 100% Johnny-free, too...

Top Bottom