Watching Edgerunner makes me sad

+
Well, fortunately, there's this new game about the young crew and their journey from rags to riches. It even got vehicle chases and a happy ending. 100% Johnny-free, too...

Saints Row is a fantastic game series and very good for cyberpunk. I felt Number 2# was the best balance of the greed, violence, and loss that made the series great before it went wacky.

Killing Julius, the horrific revenge you wreck for your dead friend, the death of Aiyesha, and so on.

I don't mind the Edgerunners series ending on a tragedy but I do think you need to have some people "make it big" because it helps contrast the darkness.

No dude, then you gonna turn cp into a marvel moobie where nothing is ever at stakes, nobody really dies, everything is safe.
Post automatically merged:

I cried with the death of Rebecca, it was my favorite TnT I want a dlc or mission where they reveal that she is not dead >Xc

Huge part of a story is David relationship with Lucy and the fact how he is destroying himself because of chrome. Not everyone would like Lucy or want to loose himself in chrome when we know consequences so plotwise it could be disaster. I think CP2077 story is fantastic and "save yourself" theme is so natural for everyone.

I dont even.....

Its not like we have any say in how the cp2077 story plays out either. Its all on rails.

Calling it horrendous is a bit over exaggerated.

No its not. The story is complete garbage.

I dont even.....

Its not like we have any say in how the cp2077 story plays out either. Its all on rails.
As is literally every story out there except for a few video games that tell you you have choice, but the best you ever have is the illusion of choice. Even Mass Effect is on rails. Just because you can choose a different rail doesn't mean the story is any different than any other.

The story of CP77 is incredibly rich and well told, fully embracing all of the cyberpunk genre's themes and even setting a new bar for video game storytelling. There is, however, no accounting for taste, and you don't have to like it, but just because you don't like something it doesn't mean it's bad. Some people don't like chocolate. I should know, I'm one of them. Doesn't mean it's bad.

The story has multiple endings as well as missions leading up to them so it's not entirely on the rails. Still, I would have preferred more choice like the Maelstrom mission.

The story has multiple endings as well as missions leading up to them so it's not entirely on the rails. Still, I would have preferred more choice like the Maelstrom mission.

I think @remiel_pollard's point is, and I'll let him correct me if I'm wrong, that regardless of your choices, it's all an illusion. The story is on rails at all time. You have no real control over it. Every single choice you make is just turning onto another rail that the developers have chosen for you.

Which is something I can only agree on.

Some people don't like chocolate. I should know, I'm one of them. Doesn't mean it's bad.

It does make you a bad person though!

Really, who doesn't like chocolate besides bad people.

It was never implied to be a physical thing in the game, this is the first I've heard anyone suggest that. Not all the ppl who fell to it were disabled. This is a world where ppl choose to replace parts, not all of them are out of necessity.

It's always been about addiction, that's the entire premise of the cyberpunk genre as a whole, people turning to technology as an escape...a drug. No matter the story, that has always been a common theme in every cyberpunk adaptation because it's central to how the genre was born.
There's conflicting information about it in game (on purpose) but in the end it comes down to that nobody knows.

Story in both: anime and game, is very good (at least). Don't share your sentiment OP. :) .Also as someone wrote already, there's fantastic gamel called Saints Row, it can be your thing, more than Cyberpunk 2077.

Story in both: anime and game, is very good (at least). Don't share your sentiment OP. :) .Also as someone wrote already, there's fantastic gamel called Saints Row, it can be your thing, more than Cyberpunk 2077.
Just uh.. Don’t play the reboot. You’ll be disappointed if you want solid writing and humor that isn’t proof read by Twitter as to make sure it’s not offensive. People wanna talk about a dogshit story well that game has that in spades. SR1, SR2 and even SR3 are far FAR better. SR4 is a little too ridiculous for my tastes but still fun at least. I recommend the first two though.

I actually just finished watching it, and it was good. I loved how it was a team of mercs working together. I think that would have been more interesting in the game setting. Actually having a close nit cast of character working along with V as you develop relationships with them. Or maybe even some betraying you. The story was very well done. Though I didn't care much for David. I hope if we get a sequel it's put together more like the anime.

I see a ton of replay & investment into the game, if you could actually have some of the anime options. Like creating your own cybernetic implant mods, that randomly have perks & no 2 are alike. I would gladly support the creators on dlcs if the dlc improves in its playability. Like for instance, where are all the hover vehicles? We get a small taste from the stolen tank & even that in game is a older model & yet we're driving still. Maybe even a desert speeder bike, similar to star wars. It's a beautiful game, with so much more growth. I have faith eventually something great will come. The level cap or new game plus with automatic increase difficulty. I wish there were more perk trees or more mods, a real world of hackers & tech fiends, but not just a world of zombie npcs. Or get a group of your companions to do harder missions. Or even invite other players to do ingame events, like invading Arasaka or enemy bases or even build your base in set locations. There is so much this game could be & Edge runners made me see a dark under belly that you hear about, but can't really have your fill, it's pretty much a single guided path you take, with small side moves, but the same end product. I would pay 100$ for a dlc if it was worth it, I think most wouldn't hesitate to pay, as long as it was a big, fun & interesting DLC. Please I hope we get a trove of new things & not things that basically will do little to want to crack out hours into. The water world I feel was wasted & a ton of other things, but I still love the game. Good luck!

I see a ton of replay & investment into the game, if you could actually have some of the anime options. Like creating your own cybernetic implant mods, that randomly have perks & no 2 are alike. I would gladly support the creators on dlcs if the dlc improves in its playability. Like for instance, where are all the hover vehicles? We get a small taste from the stolen tank & even that in game is a older model & yet we're driving still. Maybe even a desert speeder bike, similar to star wars. It's a beautiful game, with so much more growth. I have faith eventually something great will come. The level cap or new game plus with automatic increase difficulty. I wish there were more perk trees or more mods, a real world of hackers & tech fiends, but not just a world of zombie npcs. Or get a group of your companions to do harder missions. Or even invite other players to do ingame events, like invading Arasaka or enemy bases or even build your base in set locations. There is so much this game could be & Edge runners made me see a dark under belly that you hear about, but can't really have your fill, it's pretty much a single guided path you take, with small side moves, but the same end product. I would pay 100$ for a dlc if it was worth it, I think most wouldn't hesitate to pay, as long as it was a big, fun & interesting DLC. Please I hope we get a trove of new things & not things that basically will do little to want to crack out hours into. The water world I feel was wasted & a ton of other things, but I still love the game. Good luck!
This is cyberpunk, not sci-fi. The 'hover vehicles' are in the hands of the rich, elite, and the military, private and otherwise. There are no 'desert speeder bikes' because this isn't Star Wars, it's Cyberpunk. The cybernetics are not random creations, they are established by lore and created to be as realistic as possible. The only thing the game does wrong in this regard is the time it actually takes to install (and recover from the surgery required) and the humanity cost that comes with it.

This isn't the distant high-tech future, it's the near high-tech, low-life future.

As for paying $100 for DLC, and 'most' not hesitating to pay, most what?

Edit

$100 is not a DLC price. It's a full game price at the most and even then, it had better be a very impressive game. And despite certain opinions to the contrary, the price of a game/DLC that I might be interested in has everything to do with me and is hardly trivial, because it's my wallet that money would be coming out of, so excuse me if I find such suggestions somewhat outside the realm of reasonable.
[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it is a story driven game, much of what you're asking for is multi player which they decided not to do so I wouldn't get your hopes up.
Flying cars aren't going to happen, the game would become less realistic and less emersive. Like GTA where you crash into a building today and tomorrow it's already rebuilt. The point of the game is to ensure choices that V make matter and have lasting impact on the ppl and environment around him.

Desert speeder bikes and hover vehicles would diminish that, it'd just be a fun gimmick.

This is cyberpunk, not sci-fi. The 'hover vehicles' are in the hands of the rich, elite, and the military, private and otherwise. There are no 'desert speeder bikes' because this isn't Star Wars, it's Cyberpunk. The cybernetics are not random creations, they are established by lore and created to be as realistic as possible. The only thing the game does wrong in this regard is the time it actually takes to install (and recover from the surgery required) and the humanity cost that comes with it.

This isn't the distant high-tech future, it's the near high-tech, low-life future.

As for paying $100 for DLC, and 'most' not hesitating to pay, most what?

Edit

$100 is not a DLC price. It's a full game price at the most and even then, it had better be a very impressive game. And despite certain opinions to the contrary, the price of a game/DLC that I might be interested in has everything to do with me and is hardly trivial, because it's my wallet that money would be coming out of, so excuse me if I find such suggestions somewhat outside the realm of reasonable.
[...]
While I agree that certain things are fundamental to cyberpunk, I don't believe hover vehicles are outside the realm of cyberpunk. Or at the very least, adding that wouldn't remove all the other elements that make it cyberpunk.

You say hover crafts are in the hands of the elites, well one of our life paths in the game is an elite. I don't think we need cars flying around night city and developing it would be a nightmare BUT conceptually I see no reason why some of the street cars or bikes can't hover.

Last edited:
Why couldn't we have this story in CP77? Instead of what we got which was just horrendous.
Didn't watch it personally, so I wouldn't know. Still waiting for what I have to be fixed properly before I look at anything else, most definitely before I buy anything else connected to it.

This animation make me sad too, bro. I cry so damn loud. Actually I'm going to write a petition about making an another ending for the animation. Hope it works.

Top Bottom