Watching Edgerunner makes me sad

+
Which is why you get to ride an AV. After the prologue, you are no longer part of the elite.
Yes but your life path still remains, it's forms your backstory once you select that path. Are you no longer a nomad because you were kicked out of your clan? If not then it would mean the life paths don't mean anything. You fall from grace temporarily but by the end of the game you can still choose an upscale apartment in the most expensive part of night city. Once a corpo always a corpo, that point is also made clear at the start.

I don't need flying vehicles. I just don't think it would be a stretch to have regular road vehicles that hover and still be cyberpunk.

I cried with the death of Rebecca, it was my favorite TnT I want a dlc or mission where they reveal that she is not dead >Xc
Her death made me very sad. I really liked her. Rebecca was ma favorite hero from the crew. Hope you are right and she is not dead.

Yes but your life path still remains, it's forms your backstory once you select that path. Are you no longer a nomad because you were kicked out of your clan? If not then it would mean the life paths don't mean anything. You fall from grace temporarily but by the end of the game you can still choose an upscale apartment in the most expensive part of night city. Once a corpo always a corpo, that point is also made clear at the start.

I don't need flying vehicles. I just don't think it would be a stretch to have regular road vehicles that hover and still be cyberpunk.

It really doesn't matter what the game lore and setting says when you are effectively, for all intents and purposes, living a street kid life. You may feel like a corpo and act like a corpo but you're still living the life of a street kid. You are effectively no longer a nomad if you're not living the nomad life, it's kind of the point.

Lifepaths being mostly meaningless is one of the most popular criticism being leveled at the game. Despite CDPR never indicating they'd ever be more than just flavor.

Also, let's not forget that the apartments you can buy were added after the game's release and most definitely as a way to keep a large portion of the playerbase happy. I don't think hover cars has the same backing. At least, not from what I've seen.

Because we cant.

Huge part of a story is David relationship with Lucy and the fact how he is destroying himself because of chrome. Not everyone would like Lucy or want to loose himself in chrome when we know consequences so plotwise it could be disaster. I think CP2077 story is fantastic and "save yourself" theme is so natural for everyone.

Watching anime, I definitely see which areas should be expanded in a game - cyberpsychosis for example.
I was referencing being part of a crew, something completely missing in the game.

While I agree that certain things are fundamental to cyberpunk, I don't believe hover vehicles are outside the realm of cyberpunk. Or at the very least, adding that wouldn't remove all the other elements that make it cyberpunk.

Of course they aren't, cause they already exist in the world. V themself uses a flying car in the corpo intro.

Of course they aren't, cause they already exist in the world. V themself uses a flying car in the corpo intro.
Yep flying cars exist and are in the lore :)
They just think that it was not worth it and wanted to make an "adventure" (on the ground).
But, Mike about flying :

Well, fortunately, there's this new game about the young crew and their journey from rags to riches. It even got vehicle chases and a happy ending. 100% Johnny-free, too...
I’d say unfortunately BC that game is garbage and legit has terrible writing. Play the OG Saints Rows but NOT the reboot unless you like a script which was proof read and approved by Twitter to ensure only the most tame inoffensive dialogue and humor you ever seen in your life is all that remains. It’s really bad and thinks incessant swearing constitutes as humor. Plus it being Johnny-less or at least Johnny Gat-less in the case of SR is bad especially when his replacement is Kevin who’s shirtless simply BC no shirt apparently equals ha ha funny. Even without that through it’s still a poorly made game with tons of bugs and weird design choices.

Guest 3847602

I’d say unfortunately BC that game is garbage and legit has terrible writing. Play the OG Saints Rows but NOT the reboot unless you like a script which was proof read and approved by Twitter to ensure only the most tame inoffensive dialogue and humor you ever seen in your life is all that remains. It’s really bad and thinks incessant swearing constitutes as humor. Plus it being Johnny-less or at least Johnny Gat-less in the case of SR is bad especially when his replacement is Kevin who’s shirtless simply BC no shirt apparently equals ha ha funny. Even without that through it’s still a poorly made game with tons of bugs and weird design choices.
But who cares about writing in video games? Right? If I'd want good writing, I'd rather read a book. /S

More seriously, Saints Row series is not my cup of tea (not even remotely), but it does seem like it has all the essentials of what many people wanted from Cyberpunk. On top of the things I mentioned, there's deep character customization, flyable aircrafts, 3rd person camera and lots and lots of mayhem.
So, in the absence of new GTA game, I genuinely believe that time playing Saints Row reboot is time better spent than grieving over the fact that CP2077 is not some rags to riches-power fantasy-sandbox and blaming Keanu Reeves for robbing us of such "unique" experience. ;)

But who cares about writing in video games? Right? If I'd want good writing, I'd rather read a book. /S

More seriously, Saints Row series is not my cup of tea (not even remotely), but it does seem like it has all the essentials of what many people wanted from Cyberpunk. On top of the things I mentioned, there's deep character customization, flyable aircrafts, 3rd person camera and lots and lots of mayhem.
So, in the absence of new GTA game, I genuinely believe that time playing Saints Row reboot is time better spent than grieving over the fact that CP2077 is not some rags to riches-power fantasy-sandbox and blaming Keanu Reeves for robbing us of such "unique" experience. ;)
Well I certainly agree that Keanu isn’t at fault. Love that guy! Dude just oozes chillness but I disagree about it not mattering if a game has good writing. Whatever the case I suppose you’re not wrong about the customization features it offers over CP2077 but honestly Saints Row 3 offers practically the same and is WAY better. I’d say SR1 and SR2 is the way to go but if you want something that plays more modern then SR3 plays basically the exact same as SR Reboot if not better since it doesn’t suffer from the weird design decisions.

The story of this game is golden no matter what you people say or think, this is not a matter of opnion.

You get a prototype tech that holds the ghost of a genocidal terrorist inside your head trying to take over you in a city thats basically a big enemy, its hard not to agree with him as you learn more about night city social structures.
The main story is pretty damn good and the dialogue is perfect.

Not saying you have to choose one or the other (game or show) but i pretty much am satisfied with what we got in the game.

The CP2077 plot could be more "on earth", problem is it felt like you are the chosen one with the chip on you while giving no space for V to develop his character? So the story felt like everything around matter except your character funnily enough.

People who blame Keanu didn't play the game, guy did a stellar job for the cards delivered. CDK actually did a injustice for patching up him inside of the ongoing development instead of using him for a sole dedicated expansion where he could be your real partner instead of your schizo ghost.

The CP2077 plot could be more "on earth", problem is it felt like you are the chosen one with the chip on you while giving no space for V to develop his character? So the story felt like everything around matter except your character funnily enough.

People who blame Keanu didn't play the game, guy did a stellar job for the cards delivered. CDK actually did a injustice for patching up him inside of the ongoing development instead of using him for a sole dedicated expansion where he could be your real partner instead of your schizo ghost.
Disagree on the keanu silverhand isue, hes perfect the way he is, the fact that hes a voice in your head making innapropriate comments during the worst of times really improves his presence, and the fact that he still knows some things you don't also give him another job in the game world.

I do agree though that V presence in the world is kind of yes, feels a bit plot armored, perhaps next cyberpunk they could give us a crew of a limited array of characters each with their own skills, personality, motivations and with two goals each (one collective one individually) all vulnerable to perma death.

I did loved keanu presence in this but hes kind of an exception, if they bring some other big shot to play a role in the game it might ruin it.
Unless its some obscure celebrity of something strangely related, like that guy who did max headroon, or anybody from futurama.

picture unrelated
photomode_24092022_001147.png

The story of this game is golden no matter what you people say or think, this is not a matter of opnion.

You get a prototype tech that holds the ghost of a genocidal terrorist inside your head trying to take over you in a city thats basically a big enemy, its hard not to agree with him as you learn more about night city social structures.
The main story is pretty damn good and the dialogue is perfect.

Not saying you have to choose one or the other (game or show) but i pretty much am satisfied with what we got in the game.

To be fair, Johnny Silverhand is by no means genocidal. He didn't even want to blow up Arasaka Tower, just Mikoshi.

He was just stupid enough to think that using a nuclear weapon in a city could be tactical.

Because we cant.

Huge part of a story is David relationship with Lucy and the fact how he is destroying himself because of chrome. Not everyone would like Lucy or want to loose himself in chrome when we know consequences so plotwise it could be disaster. I think CP2077 story is fantastic and "save yourself" theme is so natural for everyone.

Watching anime, I definitely see which areas should be expanded in a game - cyberpsychosis for example.
Cyberpsychosis is in the game. I don't know how you could expand on it any further.

Cyberpsychosis is in the game. I don't know how you could expand on it any further.

I mean cyberpsychosis in the game is, "cyberpsychosis doesn't exist."

It's hard to say the guy who had his mechanics shop stolen by corpos and booby trapped it was acting irrationally because of chrome.

Same for the guy who kills a dozen Tyger Claws for kidnapping and killing his daughter. That's Tuesday for my V.

Like three out of 27 weren't stories of people going on killing sprees for "rationale" (for Night City) reasons.

I'm curious about this assertion. I'd wonder how many people feel that they are worth saving, especially at the expense of others.

I've long suspected that a lot of people keep going as a result of either duty or momentum, but I could easily be projecting.

It would be interesting to see a breakdown of what peoples' first ending was. Sure, you go back, meet Hanako at Embers again and do something else, but how many people decided they weren't worth the cost of saving and took Victor's advice on the rooftop?

Maybe they genuinely feel this way, or maybe it's just RP.
I went along with Hanako for my first play through because I didn't want others to be in danger on my behalf and I don't believe suicide is an acceptable answer. I took the risk of trusting a megacorp and in the end I chose to live out my life with the time I had left. It's just a shame Johnny hated me for my choice.

I finally got into the anime... personally I liked the stories in the game better. I don't find it horrendous at all...I see how people could say some elements are lacking in the game. But the same could be said for the anime. I've been reading about how people were sad for the anime characters and wanting a different ending for them but, upon watching, I found myself agreeing with Smasher's win.
ETA: sorry anime fans. I'm posting this after watching the anime after a devil ending for my corpo.

I finally got into the anime... personally I liked the stories in the game better. I don't find it horrendous at all...I see how people could say some elements are lacking in the game. But the same could be said for the anime. I've been reading about how people were sad for the anime characters and wanting a different ending for them but, upon watching, I found myself agreeing with Smasher's win.
ETA: sorry anime fans. I'm posting this after watching the anime after a devil ending for my corpo.

David was smart enough to say no. :)

Why couldn't we have this story in CP77? Instead of what we got which was just horrendous.
Because the studios have different ideologies.

What you're seeing in the storytelling of CDPR's story is the output of a studio with a very large mix of ideologies, some of the studio are probably liberal, some might be left, while some are far right PiS voters I'm sure. It's Poland after all.

Studio Trigger however? They are all communists and anarchists. Trigger have spent their entire existence making show after show depicting revolution and overthrow of the existing social hierarchy and system. Their entire shtick is "this system sucks, it should be overthrown, our protagonists overthrow the current system".

Studio Trigger looked at the Cyberpunk universe and said to themselves "this is literally a hellscape, it is as awful as it can possibly be and the audience must be made to feel how utterly awful it is".

CDPR looked at the universe and the large mix of ideologies at the studio results in very mixed output of mixed viewpoints, this can be good in some storytelling, but for this universe it just feels a bit confused. You have a mix of "Look cooooooooool futurreeeeee" viewpoints piled in with some poor attempts at imitating left wing views of capitalism and a few that seem pretty genuine to me.

Trigger's story is not confused. It knows what it is from start to finish and it absolutely knows what it wants its viewer to feel. CDPR on the otherhand are caught up in telling too many different ideological viewpoints, some of which seem to think this is a cool future presumably because they think they'd be the corpo class living well within it.

Needless to say, if you want to tell a good story about a hypercapitalist hellscape that presents it without feeling confused then you need to have ideological unity in the creators that it is actually a hellscape that should not in any way be viewed as a good or debateable topic.

Because the studios have different ideologies.

What you're seeing in the storytelling of CDPR's story is the output of a studio with a very large mix of ideologies, some of the studio are probably liberal, some might be left, while some are far right PiS voters I'm sure. It's Poland after all.

Studio Trigger however? They are all communists and anarchists. Trigger have spent their entire existence making show after show depicting revolution and overthrow of the existing social hierarchy and system. Their entire shtick is "this system sucks, it should be overthrown, our protagonists overthrow the current system".

Studio Trigger looked at the Cyberpunk universe and said to themselves "this is literally a hellscape, it is as awful as it can possibly be and the audience must be made to feel how utterly awful it is".

CDPR looked at the universe and the large mix of ideologies at the studio results in very mixed output of mixed viewpoints, this can be good in some storytelling, but for this universe it just feels a bit confused. You have a mix of "Look cooooooooool futurreeeeee" viewpoints piled in with some poor attempts at imitating left wing views of capitalism and a few that seem pretty genuine to me.

Trigger's story is not confused. It knows what it is from start to finish and it absolutely knows what it wants its viewer to feel. CDPR on the otherhand are caught up in telling too many different ideological viewpoints, some of which seem to think this is a cool future presumably because they think they'd be the corpo class living well within it.

Needless to say, if you want to tell a good story about a hypercapitalist hellscape that presents it without feeling confused then you need to have ideological unity in the creators that it is actually a hellscape that should not in any way be viewed as a good or debateable topic.
I knew there was a specific reason why I've enjoyed this show so much (even though I usually don't like Anime). Apart from Lucy's gorgeousness I mean.

Top Bottom