Water Hag and Vrihedd Officer

+

mjul

Forum veteran
Water Hag and Vrihedd Officer

This video has some new and interesting cards:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVkpWaca6uo

A Water Hag (Char, 4, Siege) which apparently spawns a rain glyph. And we can see some equivalent of siege foglets summoned from the deck.

And a Vrihedd Officer (Troop, 4, any row) which has the Swap ability: Return a loyal, non-hero Unit on the battlefield to your Hand and play this in its place. Cannot replace units which have the Swap ability.

I like those cards, especially the Vrihedd Officer, so much potential. Even in this video the player uses it to take one of the musters back into his hand and play it on the next turn.

Also, this video shows the extreme efficacy of Plague and Nature's Gift and why it's an awesome card.

Finally we can see what the "swap" ability is. I imagine you can't play it if there's no other cards on the battlefield.

mjul

Forum veteran
Finally we can see what the "swap" ability is. I imagine you can't play it if there's no other cards on the battlefield.

Yeah, I was very happy to see what Swap actually meant. It's actually just an improved decoy (with limitations, no spies) but it makes Scoia'tael so much more interesting and tricky than other decks.

Somebody also saw on this video that Villentretenmerth used his Inferno Ability despite that Opponent's strength was only 20 ???

Somebody also saw on this video that used his Inferno Ability despite that Opponent's strength was only 20 ???

Villentretenmerth scorches enemy's strongest unit/s if their total strength is 30 or more ,, he's not melee specific he can scorch ranged and and siege too

Villentretenmerth scorches enemy's strongest unit/s if their total strength is 30 or more ,, he's not melee specific he can scorch ranged and and siege too

Maybe I hadn't written it accurate, Opponent had 14 strength on Siege Row, 0 on Melee row and 6 on Ranged Row, with Total Strength being 20, and despite it's lower than 30, He Schorced Water Hag

mjul

Forum veteran
Maybe I hadn't written it accurate, Opponent had 14 strength on Siege Row, 0 on Melee row and 6 on Ranged Row, with Total Strength being 20, and despite it's lower than 30, He Schorced Water Hag

Good eyes. Yeah, either the card is wrong (20 or over, or even 15 or over) or there are some bugs in the game.

you're right ,, I guess it's a bug

---------- Updated at 12:14 PM ----------

Vrihedd officer can decoy spies too ,, his description matches that of regular decoy

so with this and nature's gift Scoeatael can play 9 decoys now ,, wow

mjul

Forum veteran
you're right ,, I guess it's a bug

---------- Updated at 12:14 PM ----------

Vrihedd officer can decoy spies too ,, his description matches that of regular decoy

so with this and nature's gift Scoeatael can play 9 decoys now ,, wow

You just discovered something very interesting. Is there any footage showing decoys being used to take back spies?

Because if there isn't, that very common W3 Gwent strategy just went down the drain.

The decoy's description mentions LOYAL specifically.

You just discovered something very interesting. Is there any footage showing decoys being used to take back spies?

Because if there isn't, that very common W3 Gwent strategy just went down the drain.

The decoy's description mentions LOYAL specifically.

A spy is disloyal because he's loyal to you (the opponent) .. and yes I saw someone playing monsters decoy Dijkstra in a gameplay which KBT commentates on.

mjul

Forum veteran
A spy is disloyal because he's loyal to you (the opponent) .. and yes I saw someone playing monsters decoy Dijkstra in a gameplay which KBT commentates on.

Yeah, found it, thanks. If that's the case, then they need to change the wording and simply remove loyal from the text. The fact that they are disloyal to the other side makes no sense. It would be way more logical if the cards stated plainly what they did. If one of the stats on the card states: loyal or disloyal, then that's a stat that you would expect to mean something.

Probably it's just a misspelling or something.

Yeah, found it, thanks. If that's the case, then they need to change the wording and simply remove loyal from the text. The fact that they are disloyal to the other side makes no sense. It would be way more logical if the cards stated plainly what they did. If one of the stats on the card states: loyal or disloyal, then that's a stat that you would expect to mean something.

Probably it's just a misspelling or something.

Well if it's disloyal to you it's loyal for the opponent so it makes sense really.

mjul

Forum veteran
Well if it's disloyal to you it's loyal for the opponent so it makes sense really.

Yeah, I know. I just take umbrage with lack of clarity. The card's description doesn't change after it's played. It's still DISLOYAL, if you play it, it goes on the other side of the board. So it's not that difficult to simply change the description (of the decoy and swap cards) so that it's more straightforward.

I like clear rules, not logical leaps, to govern my games, it's easier this way.

DISLOYAL card disloyal to all sides !!! its like person who dont take orders from anyone and do only he or she want.
"Lone Wolf" not "Team Player" Vrihhed Officer dont work on spies !

You know what does work on Spies?
My sexy dance moves!
:wazzzup::wisegirl:

In this video there are also Dol Blathanna Trappers - Siege version of Commandos/Marksmans

If Vrihhed Officer in graveyard.
Play Medic.
Then you return and play instantly officer. He use swap ability on Medic.
And return Medic to your hand.
In this turn you spend 0 cards to do it and get unit from grave to battlefield STR4 for free.

That's actually quite Op.

mjul

Forum veteran

That's why Scoia'tael are now the best combo, sneaky deck there is. They can stall for ages. With the right combinations they can really make the enemy pay for every round and win on the third, through sheer number of cards in hand.

Top Bottom