Way of the Witcher is here

+

From mighty wizards, to terrifying mutants; from skilled witchers to bloodthirsty monsters; and beyond, with iconic locations, as well as all new special cards — Way of The Witcher is now live and brings 70 brand new cards to craft new exciting decks with!

Check out the Trailer:

In celebration of today's launch, a variety of time-limited offers featuring Way of the Witcher Premium Kegs and unique ornaments have entered the shop. The latter include the Laboratory Border, as well as the avatar bearing the likeness of Cosimo — Alzur’s teacher and the sorcerer who helped create the first witchers.

More info on the expansion can be found here: LINK

The new menu music is amazing, possibly even my favourite of all time. And the new loading screens are excellent too; good to have fresh arts instead of the same old ones.

DRK3

Forum veteran
So, the game keeps crashing on me, its 4 times on the past half hour. Strangely, it never crashed when i was on the shop opening kegs, only after, when on deckbuilder.

Opened 100 kegs and since this is the first expansion where im Prestige 10, i was excited with my odds...
Only got 4 legendaries, one of which was freakin Alzur that obviously i already had. At least got an harem of 12 premium Succubi to keep me company :shrug:

Messyr

Forum regular
So, the game keeps crashing on me, its 4 times on the past half hour. Strangely, it never crashed when i was on the shop opening kegs, only after, when on deckbuilder.

Opened 100 kegs and since this is the first expansion where im Prestige 10, i was excited with my odds...
Only got 4 legendaries, one of which was freakin Alzur that obviously i already had. At least got an harem of 12 premium Succubi to keep me company :shrug:
Eh, that 4/100 is harsh, but yeah, at least you got good company to spend the first hours :D

The new menu music is amazing, possibly even my favourite of all time. And the new loading screens are excellent too; good to have fresh arts instead of the same old ones.

Playing against the new NG feels kinda of more annoying than i expected especially if you run a deck that can't really answer those shenanigans and the Tactical Decision combo with Snowdrop is totally bonkers.

41 kegs in and 1 Legendary.

Also of note...15 Cat Witcher Adepts, 6 Succubi.

Out of all of the kegs only 3 Neutrals, pretty even balance across the other factions.

Messyr

Forum regular
A quick tip for everyone out there opening packs and crafting new legendaries: note, that the final rewards for the new faction reward trees (under Year of the Wererat) are the 6 location artifact Legendaries for 10-10 reward points each!
Worth noting before you start crafting them manually.

The deck manipulation cards are super fun to play! And Vypper, too.

Can't say how strong it is yet, but fun is what matters more to me anyway.

This is a great expansion. I welcome so many witchers and exciting gameplay options.

My only wish is that witcher trio is enhanced somehow. I don't think they will see any play.

Gyg

Forum regular
Witcher Trio with Vesemir: Mentor and Leo can give you good points in all witcher deck.

This is a great expansion. I welcome so many witchers and exciting gameplay options.

My only wish is that witcher trio is enhanced somehow. I don't think they will see any play.
They cost three provisions less and play for 3 more power now, they're not bad at all. I've had good results with them so far with NR. Boost them with Erland and Vesemir: Mentor and they're a real threat.

If you thought your 4/100 was bad...

100 kegs later for me...

got 14/17 Epics
0/23 Legendaries... WTF?????

View attachment 11072666

View attachment 11072669

DRK3

Forum veteran
Im enjoying the expansion so far, but while on every other of the 5 previous expansions, i was having amazing success with my first new decks, this time im doing terribly.

This is not a bad thing, it reveals how easy and simple the previous expansion content was to assemble a synergetic deck, while this time around it's a little tricky: of the initial decks i made, one is quite good but still needs finetuning (SK) while the other 2 (NR and MO) are a complete mess and dont work at all like i thought.

Also, im guessing some streamers already revealed a really well optimized Viy deck, my attempt was awful but i already faced 2/3 guys using a really similar and good version and knew exactly what they were doing.

Ive also tried NG, with lots of deck manipulation, but its harder to pilot and you need to consider every move... I was facing a Lippy Cerys, thinking i was favoured, banished his cerys with coated weapons only to realize i just created another cerys on top of his deck and i had already played cantarella :shrug:

I havent seen anyone using Koschey/swarm deck, im surprised since i expected it to be one of the most powerful. I guess since OH was on top, and Viy works better on OH lists, players are sticking to the popular MO leader ability.

If you thought your 4/100 was bad...

100 kegs later for me...

got 14/17 Epics
0/23 Legendaries... WTF?????

View attachment 11072666

View attachment 11072669
I feel you. I also had ridiculously bad luck. Out of 60 kegs (I would have had more but they decided to remove all the expansion kegs last week), I only managed to pull a single Legendary, and it wasn't even a choice since it happened in the first four cards. I think I'm forced to sit this expansion out until I get some more ore; although, I'll probably wait until I hit Prestige 5, hopefully within the next month or two. Regardless, I absolutely refuse to craft anything until I open up a solid percentage of the Legendaries because I hate opening up duplicates. Plus, it's not like I'm only one card short of a deck, in which case I would probably make an exception; having only Cosimo Malaspina, arguably the worst Legendary in the set, I'm lacking multiple pieces of every archetype.

I'm having rather a jolly time playing Vesemir, Eskel, and Lambert again. It's pleasant to see Geralt's old friends back in action, as it were.

Top Bottom