Way of the Witcher revealed!

+
Adrenaline is met if the number of cards left in your hand is equal to or lower than the number of Adrenaline that is specified.

Nice concept. Then there are cards which do make sense to be played early before Adrenaline limit is met (Gerd, Salamandra Abomination) and others which make sense to be played late after Adrenaline limit is met (Kolgrim, Viper Witcher, Brehen, Bear witcher mentor)

Nice concept. Then there are cards which do make sense to be played early before Adrenaline limit is met (Gerd, Salamandra Abomination) and others which make sense to be played late after Adrenaline limit is met (Kolgrim, Viper Witcher, Brehen, Bear witcher mentor)
Why would you play Abomination before meeting the Adrenaline limit ?
Abomination will still get boosted if it purifies itself, the only difference is that it does not die to a random Poison the opponent uses and can get poisoned multiple times.
Roland is the card you would want to play early.

I like thew sound of Adrenaline - cards are stronger when played earlier in the round, but weaker when played near the end.

Why would you play Abomination before meeting the Adrenaline limit ?
Abomination will still get boosted if it purifies itself, the only difference is that it does not die to a random Poison the opponent uses and can get poisoned multiple times.
Roland is the card you would want to play early.

Maybe I got it wrongly. My assumption was that the if poisoned boost is for Abomination after each own turn. But probably it is a get poisoned one time boost.

Gerd is a Hemdall lite for 7p and Bear Witcher looks to be one of the strongest finishers in the game and there's two of them for 5p. Damaged units is the natural board state for SK and it's by nature beneficial so it hardly even counts as a setup.

I am waiting The brehen nerf.

Wtf that card is too strong, specially with movent, player Will kill anything they want.

Maybe they need to put an iniciative in that card

Gerd is a Hemdall lite for 7p and Bear Witcher looks to be one of the strongest finishers in the game and there's two of them for 5p. Damaged units is the natural board state for SK and it's by nature beneficial so it hardly even counts as a setup.

Yes probably one SK cards appears to add signifcantly more value than their already existing counterparts. The other one I consider to be less powerful.

Bear witcher mentor can easily be compared to Giant Boar
- If played after having only 3 cards in hand its exactly the same as Giant Boar (7 provisions) on Melee.
- So you basically save 2 provisions for the adrenaline downside and the missing Range opportunity.
- Would prefer his strength to be 3

For Gerd the comparision with Hemdall is more difficult:
- Both have a strength of 8 but Gerd is 5 provisions cheaper
- Hemdall is often played as a finisher (or 2nd finisher if there is Wild Boar of the Sea).
- if you want to avoid adrenaline than you need at least 5 cards in your hand which basically equals the provision difference. But your opponent gets +1 (damaged siren)
- If you face adrenaline it´s just a 9 for 7.

Yes probably both cards appear to add signifcantly more value than their already existing counterparts.

- If played after having only 3 cards in hand its exactly the same as Giant Boar (7 provisions) on Melee.
- So you basically save 2 provisions for the adrenaline downside and the missing Range opportunity.

For Gerd the comparision is more difficult:
- Hemdall is often played as a finisher (or 2nd finisher if there is Wild Boar of the Sea).
Ger being nerfed at adrenaline 4 cant be a finisher.

In fact, Gerd will only be played in a long round after the opponent dropped 5 cards, wich means you cant do too much damage

I am waiting The brehen nerf.

Wtf that card is too strong, specially with movent, player Will kill anything they want.

Maybe they need to put an iniciative in that card

Do not consider Brehen to be that strong. If your opponent is SC you basically have to keep in mind to play strong units left

Also, they didnt put the alzur card, wich is insane card.

When you play a spell card, spawn a unit with the same provision cost on this row.

I mean, toxic decks like natures gift and precision strike will be even more toxic, because they will kill your units and will put more units on the board.
Post automatically merged:

Do not consider Brehen to be that strong. If your opponent is SC you basically have to keep in mind to play strong units left
Well, for me "at least" means you cant have 5 (or 3) or more units in that row.

So i dont see how you will help only playing strong units left. Whenever you play a strong unit you will lose that card.

And, if the opponent adopt that strategy, it can be bleed in second round. SC player wins first round, start to bleed the second round, the other player dont play the strongest units to not be killed for brehen, than when the first good card comes, can be too late

DRK3

Forum veteran
Here are my first impressions:

1. The name of the expansion - 'way of the witcher' is really generic, it was easily guessed by me and others. Also, like i said yesterday, it should be 'Path', not 'Way', since that is the term usually used in the witcher books and games.

2. The Alzur card is a parallel to the Master Mirror card, which also named the expansion. They are both very random, the problem with Alzur is he doesnt have a deploy ability, so if he gets removed or locked the turn he's played, you just paid 11prov for 6...

3. The NG new cards arent necessarily support for Mill, nor for Hyperthin. Kolgrim works based on the difference of amount of cards in each player's decks doesnt matter if its positive or negative, so either Mill or Hyperthin works for him, and we all know Hyperthin is much better.

4. Not sure i understood its effect correctly, but if Coen works like i think, i cant wait to break the game and have 100+ point Coens... (play a bunch of 3pt units, play Coen, probably after defender. boost coen by garrison - 10pts - and use his order to boost every other 3pt unit by 10? WTF?)

5. The mad lads are actually going to try and support the self poison archetype for SY. I tried it for the 2nd time a month ago and it was so, so bad it made me think it was the worst archetype in the game, even when there isnt that much poison in the meta to punish your self poisoned units.

Yes probably one SK cards appears to add signifcantly more value than their already existing counterparts. The other one I consider to be less powerful.

For Gerd the comparision with Hemdall is more difficult:
- if you want to avoid adrenaline than you need at least 5 cards in your hand which basically equals the provision difference. But your opponent gets +1 (damaged siren)
- If you face adrenaline it´s just a 9 for 7.
Turn 5 Hemdall might be a be a better nickname for it. I consider Bear Witcher to be the more dangerous of the two no doubt but both seem to be extremely strong.
I can only assume they both have the Warrior tag as well.
The fact that they so obviously play well over their provision cost tells me there's no intention of balancing the game with this expansion.

4. Not sure i understood its effect correctly, but if Coen works like i think, i cant wait to break the game and have 100+ point Coens... (play a bunch of 3pt units, play Coen, probably after defender. boost coen by garrison - 10pts - and use his order to boost every other 3pt unit by 10? WTF?)
Coen's power is 13 in that scenario, so he'd only boost other 13-power cards. He's like Schirrú.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Coen's power is 13 in that scenario, so he'd only boost other 13-power cards. He's like Schirrú.

Oh i get it, that makes sense otherwise it would be completely broken.
NR doesnt exactly have many tall units, so its probably better to boost Coen by just 1 or 2, to then boost more units, either that or go the greedy way with Vysogotta to setup a massive boost setup.

Oh well, just lost all interest in the card.

... have no Spells, and therefore would gain zero benefit from Alzur. Unless Oneiromancy, but it's one card.
Oh, my bad.

I play the game in Portuguese, so "i translate wrong" and it was any special cards.

In that way, i think he is "ok" (but Yenvo and oneyromance will have good value with it)

Well, I was wrong about the expansion and I was wrong about a new journey starting this month. But on the plus side, I nailed the name of the new expansion. 1 out of 3 ain’t bad :).

Top Bottom