Way of the Witcher revealed!

+
Also, they didnt put the alzur card, wich is insane card.

When you play a spell card, spawn a unit with the same provision cost on this row.

I mean, toxic decks like natures gift and precision strike will be even more toxic, because they will kill your units and will put more units on the board.
Post automatically merged:

Well, for me "at least" means you cant have 5 (or 3) or more units in that row.

So i dont see how you will help only playing strong units left. Whenever you play a strong unit you will lose that card.

And, if the opponent adopt that strategy, it can be bleed in second round. SC player wins first round, start to bleed the second round, the other player dont play the strongest units to not be killed for brehen, than when the first good card comes, can be too late

It´s stated destroy the rightmost.

Turn 5 Hemdall might be a be a better nickname for it. I consider Bear Witcher to be the more dangerous of the two no doubt but both seem to be extremely strong.
I can only assume they both have the Warrior tag as well.
The fact that they so obviously play well over their provision cost tells me there's no intention of balancing the game with this expansion.

According to card preview they both have only the witcher tag. And the witcher tag appears not to add value at SK current strategies.

4. Not sure i understood its effect correctly, but if Coen works like i think, i cant wait to break the game and have 100+ point Coens... (play a bunch of 3pt units, play Coen, probably after defender. boost coen by garrison - 10pts - and use his order to boost every other 3pt unit by 10? WTF?)

To my mind, if Coen is boosted he boosts only the units which have the same boost level. For example he is boosted to 6. Then he boosts all unit with strength of 6 by 3 (own and opponent). He´s probably very difficult to play.
Post automatically merged:

yes, but i mean with the movement leader abillity.

Then the movement leader gets some significant boost. Actually he was not strong according to last season reports. But still do not think that this is OP.

I wonder if there will be a Geralt: Quen to complete the Geralts. Alzur is the most expensive new Neutral unit (unless they've changed the positioning of the reveals, which is super unlikely) at 11p, and existing Geralts are 10-11P so it's possible.

Can't really say much about what the expansion looks like yet, with so few cards revealed, except that they're certainly adding some interesting abilities.

Guest 4375874

Well this is looking like deja vu. Another mechanic that they haven't tested that will be broken as hell whether it's mill or hyperthin it's binary and more importantly NO WAY to counter. Still feels like no balance and devs just throwing ideas at the wall hoping something sticks. I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed for the next expansion, I see nothing worth considering here.

HAHAHA

just hilarius.

I played with my precision strike deck with Alzur. Used onei into curse of corruption and killed golyat. Int hat play spawned 3 units, kelttulis, She-Troll of Vergen and my highstet unit.

I'm partially sold on the new Viper Witcher because most of the bronzes on decks now are engine but we will see.
Really dig Kolgrim as an NG finisher, requires a bit of setup but it can be powerful in hyperthin or mill. Very Vulnerable to Igni and Curse of Corruption though.

Oh i get it, that makes sense otherwise it would be completely broken.
NR doesnt exactly have many tall units, so its probably better to boost Coen by just 1 or 2, to then boost more units, either that or go the greedy way with Vysogotta to setup a massive boost setup.

Oh well, just lost all interest in the card.
You could use Kerack Marine to boost all 7 str units (like Falibor and the defender) by 4.
You could also use Royal Guard on it after a Voymir to boost all Blue Stripes Commandos by 2.
As mentioned by others and in the stream Belohun + Coen is nuts, putting all units below 5 to 5 and then using Coen to boost all of them by 2.
Beyond that I think Coen will always boost himself, so in principle Coen at worst sounds like a better Aglais.
Coen should also be a Witcher, so he is a Vesemir Mentor target and can immediately boost every 4 str unit by 1.
With Reynard + Royal Guard/All-G. Coen should also be able to boost multiple 6 str units by 3 each.
You could also play Coen and put up to 3 Uprising charges on it, equalling the Scytheman to him, then boosting Coen and Scytheman by the boosts.

The most hilarious case though (which I assume might pick your interest) is the fact that Viraxas allows you to boost all units you boosted a second time by twice the amount, making Coen + Viraxas a powercrept version of Aglais + Syanna (if you do not even care about boosting other units) and NR can actually float a lot more boosts than ST.

DRK3

Forum veteran
You could use Kerack Marine to boost all 7 str units (like Falibor and the defender) by 4.
You could also use Royal Guard on it after a Voymir to boost all Blue Stripes Commandos by 2.
As mentioned by others and in the stream Belohun + Coen is nuts, putting all units below 5 to 5 and then using Coen to boost all of them by 2.
Beyond that I think Coen will always boost himself, so in principle Coen at worst sounds like a better Aglais.
Coen should also be a Witcher, so he is a Vesemir Mentor target and can immediately boost every 4 str unit by 1.
With Reynard + Royal Guard/All-G. Coen should also be able to boost multiple 6 str units by 3 each.
You could also play Coen and put up to 3 Uprising charges on it, equalling the Scytheman to him, then boosting Coen and Scytheman by the boosts.

The most hilarious case though (which I assume might pick your interest) is the fact that Viraxas allows you to boost all units you boosted a second time by twice the amount, making Coen + Viraxas a powercrept version of Aglais + Syanna (if you do not even care about boosting other units) and NR can actually float a lot more boosts than ST.

I understood the card incorrectly for the 2nd time - after now seeing the stream i noticed Coen not only boosts your own units but also enemy units with that same power, so he truly is more like a Schirru.

And i dont think he will boost himself, that would make him better and cheaper than Aglais in every way.

But i agree that targetting 7pt units might be a good strategy since there's very few units with that points, while NR has Falibor, the defender and can set several other 7s with Marine and other boosts. And yes, he definitely pairs up nicely with Belohun, that was one of my 1st thoughts when i saw the card.

I understood the card incorrectly for the 2nd time - after now seeing the stream i noticed Coen not only boosts your own units but also enemy units with that same power, so he truly is more like a Schirru.

And i dont think he will boost himself, that would make him better and cheaper than Aglais in every way.
[...]
From the wording I see no reason why he would not boost himself.
If I am not mistaken Coen + Radeyah into 2 13 str units should also be hilarious.

Edit: Mad Kiyan is also a 7 str unit (due to formation), so you should be able to also boost that one to 12 str to deal 6 damage with its ability (as long as one does not trigger deathblow).

Last edited:
I like all these cards so far except the SK ones.
Kolgrim is a nice way of giving a reason to fill up your opponents deck, I love that idea. It could even work the other way around. I'll definitely try some Infiltrator memes with it. The new Viper Witcher looks fun as well, sabotaging opponents decks in creative ways is what I've been missing with NG.
As others have said Coen seems to have a ton of ways to be played and it might even end up OP but at least it requires creativity. It's an interesting NR card.
I also really like SY self-poison, using fisstech to poison your own addicts and all it just fits the theme so well so I welcome more support for it. But against some decks it can be very risky so Abomination is really quite clever. Against NG you'd save it for the Adrenaline, against someone you know shouldn't have poison you can play it straight away giving it really nice value. And more Witcher 1 love with Roland, just great.

Alzur is fine.

Attachments

• alzur2.jpg
    alzur2.jpg
    378.4 KB · Views: 158
  • Alzur 1.jpg
    Alzur 1.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 147
Alzur is super easy to counter, unless he's behind a Defender, and he has a massively RNG effect. You also need to have Spells in your hand to get value from him.

The one time mine survived I got an Aguara: True Form (2P and has a Deploy). And then the opponent passed, making Alzur 8 for 11. Amazing value, but fun to play. I would say he's a meme card like Master Mirror.

I played with my precision strike deck with Alzur. Used onei into curse of corruption and killed golyat. Int hat play spawned 3 units, kelttulis, She-Troll of Vergen and my highstet unit.

Yeah, I figured that Alzur would be highly OP given the prevalence of Oneiromancy.

At 6 body, it's not easy to remove on play so you follow it up with Oneiro for a free 13 pt card? If you chain Oneiro into Renew, you can drop a 13 provision unit, a 12 provision unit, and a <9 unit onto the board all at once. That's game breakingly powerful.

There will have to be some tag adjustments to the powerful spells or nerf this right down to spawning a 2-3 point token rather than a card of equal provision.

Yeah, I figured that Alzur would be highly OP given the prevalence of Oneiromancy.

At 6 body, it's not easy to remove on play so you follow it up with Oneiro for a free 13 pt card? If you chain Oneiro into Renew, you can drop a 13 provision unit, a 12 provision unit, and a <9 unit onto the board all at once. That's game breakingly powerful.

There will have to be some tag adjustments to the powerful spells or nerf this right down to spawning a 2-3 point token rather than a card of equal provision.
You have to take into consideration that Alzur spawns a random and does not play it, so you do not get deploy effects.
Oneiromancy gets you either a 7-9 body or a 1 in 5 chance to highroll/lowroll into Speartip/Regis.
Alzur is honestly kind of terrible, given that answering a 6 is not as difficult as it appears and if it does get answered it plays as a 6 for 11, which is horrendous.

Edit: The hilarious part is that one gets 2 chances at rolling a second Alzur if one uses Uma's Curse.
All the above is obviously aimed at Constructed, Alzur sounds kind of insane in Drafts.

Last edited:
Had to have a go of Alzur of course, and have a quick question. Does the abilities of the spawned card hold or are we getting basic spawn value and thats it?

I ask as I spawned a Stregobor with Alzur, but his 2 turn counter to draw a card never got started (played 4 cards after that spawn to make sure)

Had to have a go of Alzur of course, and have a quick question. Does the abilities of the spawned card hold or are we getting basic spawn value and thats it?

I ask as I spawned a Stregobor with Alzur, but his 2 turn counter to draw a card never got started (played 4 cards after that spawn to make sure)
Was Stregobor on the Ranged Row ?

Top Bottom