Way of the Witcher revealed!

+
That's all Neutrals revealed, which means today's last one (assuming there'll be one after this last series) will have to be a faction one. MO and SY are the only ones with two cards left.

All factions seem to be getting 5 + 5 in border colour, and the first missing SY card is the only Bronze left (can tell by placement). So, my money's on that one (get it?) for the next reveal.

1607210697142.png

Not quite how I remember their mages. . .
1607211639242.png

Snowdrop:
Nice synergies for many cards.
Question: If you draw more than 1 card (e.g. Tactical decision: Draw 3 card). Will this card then be boosted by 6?

Selective Mutation:
A neutral witcher student spawner. Can provide good food for griffin witcher adept. Otherwise, it´s just a 4 body for 6 provisions + adrenaline card on hand (can probably help to get your strong finishers).

Idarran of Ulivo
Definitely a strong one and can not be easily removed with 6 body. There are a lot of strong spawners (most obvious Caranthir); in Symbiosis decks he will also be helpful if you plan for swarm.

Salamandra Mage:
Obvious synergies with Off the books; The tribute is actually a 4 for 6. Appreciate this card

Guest 4375874

Carantir into Koshchey, can't wait to get rekt by engine spawning engines :giveup:
Eh...Koshchey is Adrenaline 4. I'm still not seeing thrive being worth the investment in such a short term. Seems like Beast or a deathwish unit is a much better target for Idarran

Last edited by a moderator:

rrc

Forum veteran
View attachment 11071415
Interesting combination of classifications.
I don't know.. how many Heatwaves can we pack in our deck? This is just a ridiculous card, especially (or mainly) for MO. While other factions are limited to spawn bronzes or pointslam cards (which is ultimately just 1 point), MO can Spawn Engines, that too bloody powerful engines. You don't even need to Caranthir -> Some Gold Shit to make this card instantly worth it. You can play this and then play Larva, Nekkers. This would be another "If you don't remove this, you lose the round" card. And this would push Fruits MO to Tier 0 as every turn you can get two Fruits. Remove this with 6 damage, then what are you going to do with +4 per turn Beasts+Caranthir?

How many bloody card should I pack removal for (without which I will lose the round). All these new powerful cards are minimum 6 points making the 5 point removal cards useless. While other engines which are for less deadly come with 5 strength. This card should be 10P and/or 5 Strength.

This card with Carnathir -> Beast will be +4 per round instantly. And playing beast again will be +6 points per turn. On top of Larvas, Nekker, Kosheys.. Bloody Hell. Precision Strike and Mobilization will be very popular to counter all these broken engines.

It is high time Larva are made 6P, Caranthir made 10P. This bloody nonsense should stop. Without which, people cant get creative and will be forced to pack as many removal as possible (or play another top tier meta deck which is equally broken)

Guest 4375874

I don't know.. how many Heatwaves can we pack in our deck? This is just a ridiculous card, especially (or mainly) for MO. While other factions are limited to spawn bronzes or pointslam cards (which is ultimately just 1 point), MO can Spawn Engines, that too bloody powerful engines. You don't even need to Caranthir -> Some Gold Shit to make this card instantly worth it. You can play this and then play Larva, Nekkers. This would be another "If you don't remove this, you lose the round" card. And this would push Fruits MO to Tier 0 as every turn you can get two Fruits. Remove this with 6 damage, then what are you going to do with +4 per turn Beasts+Caranthir?

How many bloody card should I pack removal for (without which I will lose the round). All these new powerful cards are minimum 6 points making the 5 point removal cards useless. While other engines which are for less deadly come with 5 strength. This card should be 10P and/or 5 Strength.

This card with Carnathir -> Beast will be +4 per round instantly. And playing beast again will be +6 points per turn. On top of Larvas, Nekker, Kosheys.. Bloody Hell. Precision Strike and Mobilization will be very popular to counter all these broken engines.

It is high time Larva are made 6P, Caranthir made 10P. This bloody nonsense should stop. Without which, people cant get creative and will be forced to pack as many removal as possible (or play another top tier meta deck which is equally broken)
I don't like the card either but not just because of MO, it looks like it has potential to be abused across the board. I guess this is their answer to too much removal....add enough broken cards and you can't remove them all lol
Post automatically merged:

Fruits spawns a Token....I don't think it's applicable here

Last edited by a moderator:
[...]
And this would push Fruits MO to Tier 0 as every turn you can get two Fruits.
[...]
I do not see that being the case.
Sure you would be able to spawn 2 Fruits at once, but unless you get rid of both you cannot spawn new ones and consumes are too valuable to consistently waste on something like that.

Edit: With metagame staples such as Elf and Onion Soup one would be able to use both Fruits.
Jokes aside, I really do not see how that combination would be useful and even when Ethereal was not an unplayable waste of a card Fruits was not Tier 0.

Last edited:
Let's not forget the fact that Idarran increases the effect of most Scenarios as well, summoning and extra engine for each ;)
Or the instant extra 6 from a Svalblood Totem.
Now, if you just add a Cosimo drop after these 1-s are on the board...:giveup:

Edit: I really believe wide punish effects like Lacerate or Surrender might see some play again, we shall see.

Last edited:
Synergies of Idarran are huge. I try to summarize a few.
- Congregate: 3 times an extra firesworn zealot which can for example be transformed with 1 coin to a 3 body 1 armour unit; some holds for all those firesworn creators
- Mobilization: Can be for instance an additional Redanian Archer
- Arachas Swarm: Up to 5 more drones; also +1 for all the drown spawner
- Deadeye Ambush: 3 more Elven Deadeye; can be enabler for Vernossiel Damage and all those cards that play with rows and the elf boost via Isengrim Faoiltiarna
- as already mentioned strong synergies with Fruits of Ysgith +1 Thrive as long as he is allied
- Rage of the Sea: For units getting value dependent on the amount of beast
- Masquerade Ball One additional thirsty dame engine
- Feign Death: One additional engine and one additional Elven deadeye token
- Passiflora: 2 additional engines
- Siege: One additional engine and one additional 3 damage dealer
- Haunt: 2 additional consumers and one additional deathwish
- Auberon King: +1 unit
- Eithné Young Queen: +1 symbiosis
- Roche: Merciless: +1 Blue Strip
- Water of Brokilon + 1 harmony
- Cerys an Craite: +1 Shieldmaiden (2x with Lippy)
- Ulrich: Into Fallen Knight and into Firesworn Scribe
- Igor the Hook: Into all engine cards
- Queen Adalia: Into all engine cards
- Ramon Tyrconnel: Into soldier engines
- Svalblod Totem (as already mentioned) + 6
- Azar Javed: One additional defender
- Caranthir Ar-Feiniel: Probably strongest synergies
- Adriano the Mink + 1 engine
- Daerlan Soldier swarm
- Endrega Larva and Nekker + 1 Thrive
- Kaedweni Revenant strategies

But there is one big risk: Your board is flooded with too many low-body units and you can not play any units anymore.

Gyg

Forum regular
Synergies of Idarran are huge. I try to summarize a few.
- Congregate: 3 times an extra firesworn zealot which can for example be transformed with 1 coin to a 3 body 1 armour unit; some holds for all those firesworn creators
- Mobilization: Can be for instance an additional Redanian Archer
- Arachas Swarm: Up to 5 more drones; also +1 for all the drown spawner
- Deadeye Ambush: 3 more Elven Deadeye; can be enabler for Vernossiel Damage and all those cards that play with rows and the elf boost via Isengrim Faoiltiarna
- as already mentioned strong synergies with Fruits of Ysgith +1 Thrive as long as he is allied
- Rage of the Sea: For units getting value dependent on the amount of beast
- Masquerade Ball One additional thirsty dame engine
- Feign Death: One additional engine and one additional Elven deadeye token
- Passiflora: 2 additional engines
- Siege: One additional engine and one additional 3 damage dealer
- Haunt: 2 additional consumers and one additional deathwish
- Auberon King: +1 unit
- Eithné Young Queen: +1 symbiosis
- Roche: Merciless: +1 Blue Strip
- Water of Brokilon + 1 harmony
- Cerys an Craite: +1 Shieldmaiden (2x with Lippy)
- Ulrich: Into Fallen Knight and into Firesworn Scribe
- Igor the Hook: Into all engine cards
- Queen Adalia: Into all engine cards
- Ramon Tyrconnel: Into soldier engines
- Svalblod Totem (as already mentioned) + 6
- Azar Javed: One additional defender
- Caranthir Ar-Feiniel: Probably strongest synergies
- Adriano the Mink + 1 engine
- Daerlan Soldier swarm
- Endrega Larva and Nekker + 1 Thrive
- Kaedweni Revenant strategies

But there is one big risk: Your board is flooded with too many low-body units and you can not play any units anymore.
How often you fill both rows? Additional spawns Iddaran provides will provide such tempo in R1 that you can pass and get a nice card adventage.

Top Bottom