Way of the Witcher revealed!

+

Way of the Witcher is the brand new expansion coming to GWENT on December 8th! It is full of monster slaying Witchers, their powerful creator named Alzur and of course, terrifying monsters...

70 new cards across all factions and a brand new keyword are included!

Take a look for yourself:

Make sure to check out the available pre-order bundles which include items such as the premium version of the Alzur card, a shapeshifting card back and Alzur's Laboratory game board. You can use them right after your purchase!

Introducing the “Way of the Witcher Combo Offer” one of the three pre-order options which includes all the new available goodies! Cosmetics can be used straight after your purchase!

Find out more about the expansion and pre-order right here: Way of the Witcher

I have a bad feeling about this, it looks like NG will get support for mill archetipe. That's a nightmare come true!
They could rework it, like they did Lambert Swordmaster and An Craite Warrior, I do not think we will see support for that horribly toxic concept ... I hope ...

They could rework it, like they did Lambert Swordmaster and An Craite Warrior, I do not think we will see support for that horribly toxic concept ... I hope ...
I guess with a increased support for the NG Witcher Archetype Viper Witchers might show up more often especially considering how many NG Players currently are trying to do a double high roll with Cantarella it is highly likely that they will be added if there should be a somewhat competitive NG Witchers Deck.

There is still a Dev Overview going live in 20 minutes!

More Leeks incoming?!

Last edited:
Maybe you are right, maybe they managed to find a way to make mill less toxic and more fair ...

HOW ?
Mill is by construction degenerate and binary.
It should be abandoned like the horrible idea of Silver Spies after Open Beta, it turned out they were never not degenerate.
I don't know, and i agree with you, mill just doesn't wok in Gwent, but the Viper description sais: RESOURCE MANIPULATION AND SABOTAGE, so i guess it's mill.

I am actually excited about this expansion, now that I know it's about the witchers. It is long overdue, and great to see it's finally coming.

HOW ?
Mill is by construction degenerate and binary.
It should be abandoned like the horrible idea of Silver Spies after Open Beta, it turned out they were never not degenerate.

I like the idea of attacking your opponents deck. Actually, it´s also a good counter for all those strategies which heavily relate on tutoring.

A usual deck has 25 cards. You need 16 cards for a normal game. So your opponent has to attack 9 cards in deck to get a card advantage:
- Viper witcher 2
- Tibor Eggebracht 1
- Vilgefortz 1
- Cantarella 1
- Traheaern var Vdyffir 1
- Coup de Grace 2
=> So if all of those NG cards which are played 8 cards from your opponent decks are destroyed and there´s still no card advantage
=> Of course one can argue that with Hen Gaidth Sword 9 cards are attacked. With Operateur + Viper witcher + Duchess's Informant it can even go to 11. So a card advantage of 2.
=> Nevertheless it´s still unlikely that all those cards are played before round 3 and one should not forget that it is still probable that the opponent wins round 1 and 2.

Looks like i was wrong, it's not mill, it's reversed mill :smart: , that doesn't sound that bad.
That sounds hilarious, although I wonder if you add enough cards for Kolgrim to be worth it.
That being said, Viper Witcher allows one to get a controlled Cantarella for something like a spawned Falibor, which is decent I guess.

Last edited:
Cards revealed during the Dev overview.

NG
Current Viper Witcher will be renamed in to Kingslayer.
IMG_20201117_132917.jpg
IMG_20201117_132902.jpg

ST
IMG_20201117_132846.jpg

SK
IMG_20201117_132820.jpg
IMG_20201117_132800.jpg

NR
IMG_20201117_132740.jpg

Syndicate
IMG_20201117_132713.jpg
IMG_20201117_132655.jpg

Monsters won't get any Witcher Cards but other strong Cards instead.

Just realized that they are already on the Card Reveals side, so me posting them was a bit pointless.

Last edited:
I am relieved that they are supporting hypertim, not mill.

But this kolgrim looks weak, it's like a Harald Gord, in the sense that you have to build a deck for it to work, but a Gord with 9 provision and 1 power.

I imagine the rest of the expansion will support hypertim more, so maybe it’s not too bad.

Question: no preorder anymore for regular kegs? As far as I can see, they are basically out:
1. 25 Premium kegs + Laboratory Board + Premium Alzur

2. Shapeshifting cardback + 10 Journey Levels

3. All

The reason I'm asking is that I would've preordered those 15 reguiar kegs just to support the game. However, 40+ euros for the premium kegs is out of my budget and I'm not big on buying cardbacks and journey levels.

Top Bottom