Way of the Witcher revealed!

+
Berengar!

Know exactly what the art depicts, too; proper Witcher 1 reference in its entirety.
I do wonder if Vodyanoi will also be added... Dagon still hasn't come back.

Nice one...have missed Berengar for a long time in Gwent. Graphics is awesome.

It´s basically a 9 for 6 with increased removal risk. Comparable cards are An Craite Greatsword (10 for 6 conditional on damage spread with increased removal risk in the beginning), Skjall (10 for 7 with increased removal risk due to berserker =5 destroy), Great Brother (10+4 armour for 7 provisions with increased removal risk due to destroy if unprotected), Disgraced Brawler (7 for 5 with increased removal risk due to berserker =3 destroy unless bloodthirst =3).

So it perfectly fits into the value balance of such cards. However, I am afraid that he will be mostly be used as deck filler. Tall units, particulary have value in thrive/dominance strategies and if you play thrive you usually do not focus on witchers.

"We'll meet again White Wolf." ... sry, it was too good to pass up on this opportunity.

Pretty cool card, unfortunately it's going to be kind of broken if you can reliably keep it alive or consume it.
Are you joking ? (This is not meant as an insult, I am genuinely unsure about that)
With Consumes being worth 1-2 points Berengar plays as an 7-8 for 6 if consumed, which is the minimum a 6p card has to offer to even be worth considering.
Keeping Berengar alive is also not really overpowered by any stretch of the imagination, given that he stands and falls with other cards, to be fair we have a couple of them and most are easier to keep alive.

[...]
So it perfectly fits into the value balance of such cards. However, I am afraid that he will be mostly be used as deck filler. Tall units, particulary have value in thrive/dominance strategies and if you play thrive you usually do not focus on witchers.
Pretty much.

IMG_20201124_161116.jpg

Revealed by Redrame.

Scoiatel and nilfgaard need either less support or a straight up nerf in the coming expansion, it's frustrating as a NR and Monsters player to navigate through the hail storm of removal and locks and unit takeovers that is coming our ways, I even could live with that if they hadn't cards like gord and stefan Skllen.

Now I do want them to have their fun too, but this decks are just a one-sided beatdown and absolutely not fun anymore.

Scoiatel and nilfgaard need either less support or a straight up nerf in the coming expansion, it's frustrating as a NR and Monsters player to navigate through the hail storm of removal and locks and unit takeovers that is coming our ways, I even could live with that if they hadn't cards like gord and stefan Skllen.

Now I do want them to have their fun too, but this decks are just a one-sided beatdown and absolutely not fun anymore.

If anything NG needs a buff to its points as NR has almost as much control as NG with huge point slam to boot; also, what are you talking about? There are no new lock and seize cards so far. ( not even commenting about MO )

Interesting and as Redrame and SpyroZA already stated this will live and die by how good the Salamandra will turn out to be.

Regarding the Stolen Mutagens card: Based on the colours of mutagens in Wild Hunt, I'd say Blue and Green should be swapped: Blue for signs (here represented by boosting and veil), and Green for alchemy (poison and profit).
Agreed, the Blue one was also irritating me and your suggestion would make sense, given that in The Witcher 3 the green mutagens are associated with alchemy, which perfectly fits the self-poisoning (through potions).

I do like the card, although I wonder if the 11th to 13th spot for SY are just the Red, Green and Blue mutagen and if other cards can also spawn or synergize with them.

With Consumes being worth 1-2 points Berengar plays as an 7-8 for 6 if consumed, which is the minimum a 6p card has to offer to even be worth considering.
What? - He is a 9 power card, how does consuming him make him lighter? Even consumed he will be a +9 boost. I mean the game doesn't last long enough for the consuming monster to digest him and shit him out, in which case yes it would lose points and you get a useless 0 point turd token in that row, though then you could actually use that token as sacrifice for Griffin or the vampire +4 vitality thing but this all happens after the game is over so it means nothing.

What? - He is a 9 power card, how does consuming him make him lighter? Even consumed he will be a +9 boost. I mean the game doesn't last long enough for the consuming monster to digest him and shit him out, in which case yes it would lose points and you get a useless 0 point turd token in that row, though then you could actually use that token as sacrifice for Griffin or the vampire +4 vitality thing but this all happens after the game is over so it means nothing.
My point is that you treat consumes as free, however that is just wrong, consumes are usually priced (in point/provision ratios) as 1-2 points, so if you consume him you spend a consume, which is worth 1-2 points.
I do not see what is difficult to understand about that concept.

Edit: As for Junod of Belhaven ... and the original version of Vabjorn's ability is back.

Are you joking ? (This is not meant as an insult, I am genuinely unsure about that)
Keeping Berengar alive is also not really overpowered by any stretch of the imagination, given that he stands and falls with other cards, to be fair we have a couple of them and most are easier to keep alive.
MO aside, in a witcher deck Berengar is almost unconditional 9. He's bad only if you draw him and no other witchers in a short round - so more RNG.
I think he would be much better and more interactive, if instead of just beeing a tall unit, he boosted himself for every adjacent witcher and reseted at the end of your turn if he wasn't adjacent to a witcher.
Post automatically merged:

I knew we would see that ability again :D

My point is that you treat consumes as free, however that is just wrong, consumes are usually priced (in point/provision ratios) as 1-2 points, so if you consume him you spend a consume, which is worth 1-2 points.
I do not see what is difficult to understand about that concept.
The whole point of a Consume is to be used, not like if you save it until the end of the round you get a bonus for not using it...

So, Vabjorn was turned into a generic tutor, and now his old ability returns on a new card? On a new Skellige card? Okay...
Easy condition, really easy for Skellige.

The whole point of a Consume is to be used, not like if you save it until the end of the round you get a bonus for not using it...
By that logic you would have to wonder why people do not use Harpie Egg, I mean come on it is a "free" 8 for 5 and here people complained about other 8 for 5s when Harpie Egg has always existed.
Consumes are not free, of course you want to use them, however you always expect the Consume itself to give you a certain value (which in an analysis you also have to (in part) allocate to the consume itself and the usual result is 1-2) and by your estimation OH would be worth 6 points as the Consumes would not have any value assigned to them, on that front one would wonder why people do not complain about OH not getting buffed.

Edit: For Consume decks he is also a +1str/+1provision version of Caldwell, which is completely unusable without an immediate Consume (so for that purpose I would say Berengar is actually an inferior Caldwell).

MO aside, in a witcher deck Berengar is almost unconditional 9. He's bad only if you draw him and no other witchers in a short round - so more RNG.
I think he would be much better and more interactive, if instead of just beeing a tall unit, he boosted himself for every adjacent witcher and reseted at the end of your turn if he wasn't adjacent to a witcher.
[...]
Agreed, I would also have prefered a slightly more restricted ceiling and much higher floor, being less of an "All or nothing" type of card (which is kind of binary).

Last edited:
Holly shit.

Vabjorn its back.

I mean, untill now The Best cards are skellige, and skellige is already The Best faction.

I Will create a topic "skellige way of the witcher cards nerf waiting room"
Post automatically merged:

I have a question. A lot of cards with "at The end of your turno".

That means every turn The card Will trigger that or only in The first turn you played The card?

My question is because agkais has The same description and only triggers One time

Top Bottom