Way of the Witcher revealed!

+
Gaetan with massacre art. Not gonna be a huge fan of that one's premium.

Glad he got a card though! I really like him though the quest is really dark.

Guest 4375874

Cat Witcher Mentor + Gaetan = BOOM! 5P and 7P cards for finishers.. A very good long round potential for GT! In Short Round these will be crappy cards though. So, with careful planning and some good commitment in R1, these can be pretty good!
what's considered crappy cards now? because this card easily breaks even on it's own, or has power creep dominated so much now that even that is considered underwhelming

what's considered crappy cards now? because this card easily breaks even on it's own, or has power creep dominated so much now that even that is considered underwhelming
He meant that in a short round 3, i.e. in the worst case only 2 other cards it will not be able to get all too much value, propably just about 7, which is kind of bad and has been kind of bad for a good while now.

He says "in theory" that may imply not in practise. I suspect Sukrus will be changed in balance patch 8.0 as he can be very OP.
Truth be told this reminds me of the time when Defenders were announced and they never planned to leave Avallach in his form, which allowed one to give Immunity.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if you've played SK of late but it's not very difficult to ping units. That's not even a valid condition at this point, they may as well have just said "activate on deploy", so I doubt that will be a restriction of any kind. Also knowing what SK cards to expect doesn't help anyone in matches against SK unless you have several counters, we've seen the same decks for months now and the faction is still on top.

Adding to that the card says for "every" damaged unit, again not specifying enemy units. The description is very open...too open, so we may have to wait and see but first impressions have this looking like the most broken card so far. Not because of the card alone but in the faction with the most consistency right now.

Yes, of course I know that SK is currently is still very strong.

Actually, I have the same feeling regarding the new SK card and, hence, suggested to nerv him. Together with Sukrus this is definitely OP. Even without Sukrus it appears to be too strong for me. That´s the reason I suggested to increase the damage the card receives each around.

Gaetan
Revealed by Team Nova

View attachment 11069699

Nice one, perfectly fits to Guerilla Tactics and synergizes smoothly with this card family.

the only reason I don't think they will is NR is already Tier 1 in my mind. Ppl may try out the Witchers but I don't see it as an auto include when they already have almost as much consistency as SK but you may be right, especially considering AA gives them an advantage.
Cool, but I meant the story....not gameplay, btw. NR is good but totally easy matchups if you're able to either seize or lock or straight up remove the most important units, all I'm saying is that there's a foolproof way too beat NR I'm both an MO and a NR player, MO is pretty OP right now not NR

That's DUMB! I understand the Luisa interaction, you don't want your opponent to drop 3 big Tributes for 20+ points, but an antisynergy with The Tribute support leader is just plain stupid.

Actually do not think so. The card clearly says that the coins you spend for tribute are transformed into boost of Fallen Rayla.

If you go for the tribute leader, you have to live with it. As already said earlier this card probably best works with leaders/cards producing one turn many coins

Actually do not think so. The card clearly says that the coins you spend for tribute are transformed into boost of Fallen Rayla.

If you go for the tribute leader, you have to live with it. As already said earlier this card probably best works with leaders/cards producing one turn many coins
I think the intention of Pacifixer was not to state that the mechanics working this way is "dumb", but that the anti-synergy with the Tribute leader ability is ridiculous, given that that card further incentivizes not using said leader ability.
In fact, rather than not helping it, this card (Fallen Rayla) makes that leader ability (Off the Books) (compared to others) even worse and even less playable.

About time, given that we only have 1 week of reveals left before the expansion.
I am still crossing my fingers for Kaer Morhen.

I think the intention of Pacifixer was not to state that the mechanics working this way is "dumb", but that the anti-synergy with the Tribute leader ability is ridiculous, given that that card further incentivizes not using said leader ability.
In fact, rather than not helping it, this card (Fallen Rayla) makes that leader ability (Off the Books) (compared to others) even worse and even less playable.
I don't think it is problem if this card does not promote the use of the tribute leader directly - although it "feeds on tributes" I don't feel it's mandatory that it should work best with Off the Books. I'm fully fine this supporting any of the other unused SY leaders if it happens that way.

Top Bottom