Way to disable or reduce gore?

+
Way to disable or reduce gore?

Hello everyone,I have the original Witcher game and downloaded the full Enhanced pack.I know that most of you are looking for MORE gore and nudity but I was wondering if there is anyway to REDUCE the gore or language. I am not here to debate morals.. I just like a solid RPG and I think the enhanced version made it a little too bloody.Thanks in advance.

I don't know what version you have, but I have a general european version (being in Australia).Sorry, but I don't get why you want to reduce the gore. Monster-slaying is not clean work, and the amounts of blood and gore are not nearly as copious as even a B horror flick.I pretty sure you cannot shut off the gore, just as you cannot shut off the violence, swearing, sexual references, nudity etc beyond purchasing a censored version from another country.Bad luck it seems, but did you expect THIS game to be fairies and princesses, let alone the Enhanced Edition?

Chuckles said:
I don't know what version you have, but I have a general european version (being in Australia).Sorry, but I don't get why you want to reduce the gore. Monster-slaying is not clean work, and the amounts of blood and gore are not nearly as copious as even a B horror flick.I pretty sure you cannot shut off the gore, just as you cannot shut off the violence, swearing, sexual references, nudity etc beyond purchasing a censored version from another country.Bad luck it seems, but did you expect THIS game to be fairies and princesses, let alone the Enhanced Edition?
I have the American normal version with all the Enhanced patches installed. As I stated, I am not here to argue morals. I just don't simply need to see all the enhanced gore. I liked how the original version gore was but I like the tweaks of the enhanced version.

I think you can't reduce blood and gore unless you modify the game code. Maybe something like that is possible the adventure tool... I forward your request into the modding forum ;)

It is possible! You can add more blood ore reduce blood. But i dont know exactly the way, i never worked with retexturing...If you know the german language, here is a link:http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=462403It was a discussion in english forum too: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=13787.15I can only say, it is managed in the "attackeffects.2da" of the unpacked main.key.There you have to change the values "MakeWounds BloodAttachNode".I guess, deeper the value more reduced blood...So far...

I don't know anything about the adventure editor.. is there a way to make a modded file and send it to me or what is the easiest way to do this?THANKS for the reply!

here you go. no blood, no decapitation.removing harsh language would mean editing hundreds of lines of text.download file from the attachment and place the file from archive into "the witcher/data/override" folder. if override folder doesnt exist, create it manually.

Any word on the blood part of the mod?Also, has anyone created anything to edit out the "f-bombs" ? I don't want to argue morals.. just doesn't seem to fit in a fantasy for me.

it is of course a personal choice, but why did you buy the game if you wanted neither blood nor "colourful" language ? both are stated on the outside of the box ...you are generally in the right area though, if someone can help you, they'll be hanging around here or the Community adventures & mods forum

Here you go.You can't remove the swearing, if you want, you will have to go through the million of dialoge sound files and cut it out.But blood can be removed completely.Download the file below, and extract the Override directory into your "The Witcher/Data" directory.Have fun.Ps. If it keeps giving you blood decals, give me a shout and I will do it the hard way. But this "should" remove it all (since it won't play any blood effects anymore thus not leaving decals).

you asked to "reduce" blood :)there's no obvious way to remove blood completely without deleting blood textures. textures are located inside .bif files. if you want to modify them you'll have to do it yourself, i cant upload 1-2gb file, not to mention it might be breaking copywrites since its not a mod anymore in the meaning of structure. i reduced the blood to absolute minimum. i made another version but i see somebody is already working on my mod lennard, you completely removed sword trails, glow effects on swords (oils etc). of course blood decals will stay. bloodstains.2da doesnt change anything. you are even repeating what i've said with other words :dead:

flashintheflesh said:
you asked to "reduce" blood :)there's no obvious way to remove blood completely without deleting blood textures. textures are located inside .bif files. if you want to modify them you'll have to do it yourself, i cant upload 1-2gb file, not to mention it might be breaking copywrites since its not a mod anymore in the meaning of structure. i reduced the blood to absolute minimum. i made another version but i see somebody is already working on my mod lennard, you completely removed sword trails, glow effects on swords (oils etc). of course blood decals will stay. bloodstains.2da doesnt change anything. you are even repeating what i've said with other words :dead:
Ofcourse you can remove blood, and using file does a part of it. Yes, I accidently removed the weapon trails as well, so I'll fix that.I've been investigating blood for quite some time now, so don't tell me it ins't possible because I exactly know how blood works by now (see the blood topic earlier mentioned).

Here you go, this will completely remove the blood effects from all fights.Mapped blood will still be visible, but fights are completely clean.Have fun.@flash_in_the_flesh:Make sure your override directory is clean before trying it (no old mods in subdirectories, because the game WILL load them anyway, even if you have the 2da files in a directory called "whatever").I tested it and where my ultragore would make the first fighting scene (new game) completely red (almost), this one didnt give a splatter.EditComparison shotsUltra-Gore:
None:
Yea, I know, MSPaints quality sucks.

then you know, you didnt removed anything more then i did beside 1 more trail for sword. blood decals are still present

Ofcourse they are still there, the game just won't use them in fights.Can you give me an example where blood decals would appear beside a fight? And if you can name one, you can completely disable decals by modifying the WootFX files.You're a little bit of an hair-splitter as we call that locally.

LennardF1989 said:
You're a little bit of an hair-splitter as we call that locally.
thats because it seemed to me that you just repeated my work putting your label on it. i just saw your uncensored mod related with blood fixes. good job with it and my too hasty opinion about you.apologies.

No need to apology, we all make mistakes. Actually, I would probably have made a same kind of reaction if I thought someone would steal my work.I can assure you I haven't even downloaded your earlier mod and just used the information I gathered over the weeks to make the "No blood mod".I think I will have to apology for not being completely clear about it.Anyway, how about a versus duel to make it up ;D?

Top Bottom