Ways to Improve Netrunning

+
What are some of the ways you would improve the Netrunning? I found it enjoyable but wanted more of it in the game and recently after reading about Netrunning in Cyberpunk RED I am very upset we didn't see some ideas come from that, (I know CDPR and R. Talsorian are their own entities though so I understand if they wouldn't be able to work more close together on possible mechanics).

I for one would like to move around netspace and be able to use special interface scripts aside from the Quickhacks used on "Meatspace" humans and try to hack through a building to get to different access points to obtain different information, crafting materials and items all while dealing with both normal enemies and throwing in some graphical virus looking enemies that you could see through your Operating System cyberware and the game would make you equip some optical lenses to see in this netspace as well.

This game is lacking any kind of netrunning. Quickhacks and data access points are not "netrunning" in the classic sense.

If you look back at E3 gameplay demo, V actually takes down a Maelstrom and jacks into, then accesses the local net in order to gain access to quickhacks. This was obviously an idea that was cut for some reason.

There are portions of the game where you run in cyberspace, but it's all scripted... if I had to choose a first DLC for the game - it would be the addition of classic, dynamic netrunning to the game - I'm quite disappointed that it was left out, and those scripted scenes are an amazing looking foundation for it.
Post automatically merged:

P.S. If you've never read Neuromancer, Count Zero or Mona Lisa Overdrive, I highly suggest them in that order.

A year here and he still dreamed of cyberspace, hope fading nightly. All the speed he took, all the turns he’d taken and the corners he’d cut in Night City, and still he’d see the matrix in his sleep, bright lattices of logic unfolding across that colorless void . . . The Sprawl was a long strange way home over the Pacific now, and he was no console man, no cyberspace cowboy. Just another hustler, trying to make it through. But the dreams came on in the Japanese night like live wire voodoo and he’d cry for it, cry in his sleep, and wake alone in the dark, curled in his capsule in some coffin hotel, his hands clawed into the bedslab, temper foam bunched between his fingers, trying to reach the console that wasn’t there.
--William Gibson, Neuromancer

Last edited:
This game is lacking any kind of netrunning. Quickhacks and data access points are not "netrunning" in the classic sense.

If you look back at E3 gameplay demo, V actually takes down a Maelstrom and jacks into, then accesses the local net in order to gain access to quickhacks. This was obviously an idea that was cut for some reason.

There are portions of the game where you run in cyberspace, but it's all scripted... if I had to choose a first DLC for the game - it would be the addition of classic, dynamic netrunning to the game - I'm quite disappointed that it was left out, and those scripted scenes are an amazing looking foundation for it.

P.S. If you've never read Neuromancer, Count Zero or Mona Lisa Overdrive, I highly suggest them in that order.

The Japanese had already forgotten more neurosurgery than the Chinese had ever known. The black clinics of Chiba were the cutting edge, whole bodies of technique supplanted monthly, and still they couldn’t repair the damage he’d suffered in that Memphis hotel.

A year here and he still dreamed of cyberspace, hope fading nightly. All the speed he took, all the turns he’d taken and the corners he’d cut in Night City, and still he’d see the matrix in his sleep, bright lattices of logic unfolding across that colorless void . . . The Sprawl was a long strange way home over the Pacific now, and he was no console man, no cyberspace cowboy. Just another hustler, trying to make it through. But the dreams came on in the Japanese night like live wire voodoo and he’d cry for it, cry in his sleep, and wake alone in the dark, curled in his capsule in some coffin hotel, his hands clawed into the bedslab, temper foam bunched between his fingers, trying to reach the console that wasn’t there.
--William Gibson, Neuromancer
I think some things got cut when they were working on multiplayer, as they didn't work in that situation like the demo's we saw.

Top Bottom