We are start at the same place right?

+
As I understand the game so far, (and I may be wrong) this is how it works...
Character creation, here you design your character, your initial perks/skills and pick a life path. The life path will set your starting point, and your beginning story. Then you are going to do a intro "task" from that life path. What I mean here is in the corpo life path I believe you are in the corp life as an exec and are asked by your boss to do something which goes wrong... And I think you get killed or beaten and left for dead, then you start the game as a mercenary. This is the same sort of start for each life path. I believe they said for like the Nomad, you start in the badlands, you make your way to night city, given a job, things go bad, *you get killed or beaten and left for dead, then you start the game as a mercenary.
So the life path you choose gives your history and perks/skills which affect dialog and options, from the point of *you get killed or beaten and left for dead, then you start the game as a mercenary. But no matter what your life path choice, we all start at *you get killed or beaten and left for dead, then you start the game as a mercenary.

Is this correct?

A few things to support this... if this is incorrect, Why no matter what your life path is, do we all get the same apartment? If incorrect, why do we all go to the same fixers to get jobs?

Seems to be the case.
The scenario showcased in the first demo (rescue the woman and give her to Trauma Team) seems to be the first step in our path to fame and fortune.

AFTER that however it's pretty much of an open world so what you do next is pretty much up to you.

Why no matter what your life path is, do we all get the same apartment?

Where have you seen this information? I'm not disputing anything you said, I'm simply curious because I hoped we would have different properties depending on our life paths

Where have you seen this information? I'm not disputing anything you said, I'm simply curious because I hoped we would have different properties depending on our life paths
An assumption since we've only seen the same apartment and so far similar shots inside the same mega-building.

An assumption since we've only seen the same apartment and so far similar shots inside the same mega-building.

I don't think it's an assumption, since it's been said there is only one apartment. Let me find the interview where the dev guy says we are all given the same apt.

(UPDATE) : https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Watson_Apartment
"V's Apartment is the safehouse in the game, located in a megabuilding in the Watson District of Night City. The apartment is owned by V and is the only one that can be owned in Cyberpunk 2077. "

Where have you seen this information?

I have not seen this information laid out in this way, this is what I arrived at, after watching trailers & interviews and reading "factual" postings and spending way too much time following the game hype. And as I said, I may be wrong, I was hoping someone who knows would confirm this.

Last edited:
I think, technicly.. probably? Like how in the cinematic we wake up in the dump. So wherever we start the game from, we get put into a "left for dead with nothing after being fucked over" situation and work out way from their with the extra options available from whatever life path we chose.

Let me find the interview where the dev guy says we are all given the same apt.

(UPDATE) : https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Watson_Apartment
"V's Apartment is the safehouse in the game, located in a megabuilding in the Watson District of Night City. The apartment is owned by V and is the only one that can be owned in Cyberpunk 2077. "
I believe there will only be one apartment as well but a wikia article is hardly evidence. Those places are built up and edited by fans not associated with the game's dev. Back in 2018 that article was called "V's Watson Apartment" when we thought there'd be more of them. I should know, I created it.

I believe there will only be one apartment as well but a wikia article is hardly evidence.

Yea totally agree, but I also heard it (I think) in one of the interviews, where the dev said "no V will only have one Apt., but it will change as you play" Not sure what that meant.
I'll look around to see if I can find it.

I am more or less trying to get a handle on this "what are you going to play as ?" question. I beleive we all are going to play as a mercenary it's just our back ground/life path could be different, which will open up different options/skills in the game. (I Think, still gray on that)

I dont recall the source but from what I know the apartments interiors will be varied depending on your life-path and perhaps in game choices too but it's not a decoration game. They felt decorating. ( Like sims etc ) would take away from the aesthetic and feel they are going for.

In terms of starting point while it's clear all lifepaths lead to you being a mercenary the idea is that you kind of define how your V evolves.

You meet the same fixers because there are certain fixers only for certain districts. The more reputation you gain the more notoriety you garner opening up new shops, quests and presumably fixers.

But it's not completely the same. Street Kid lifepath for example makes it so your V is already familiar with Padre the fixer that presumably runs the Valentinos
That implies that for corporate and Nomad lifepath your character does -not- know them. Giving variation go dialogue and likely gameplay elements.

My two cents or more.

I'm sure each lifepath gives you advantages in certain situations, and zip in others. It all balances out in the end.

I believe your stats/perks MAY allow for certain options others may not have as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom