We don't need NG+ right now

+
So far all the patches have improved the game a lot making it more enjoyable and with the upcoming patch 1.7 bringing several overhauls, they're definitely going in the right direction. However, it's not enough for me to start a second run/new game+, it would be pointless in the current state of the game.
I don't understand the hurry for a NG+ since this game still has low replayability value due to the lack of impactul choices and empty world.
First, the game needs to be filled with more features and content such as:

1) More interaction with the world (people, objects, bars, billboards, machines, minigames, more activities, etc)

2) More hidden quests not shown by quest marker and secret random events/encounters. Most of the secrets in this game are easter eggs or loot related.

3) Strenghts and weaknesses for each gang, in order to change our approach and tactics in gigs and quests, like in this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/2217

4) Lifepath system overhaul with perks and disadvantages as I wrote in this post https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...-features-list.11050358/page-25#post-12566270

5) Humanity cost and its consequencies: dealing with low empathy (disabling one or more dialogue options, especially those with peaceful resolution in multiple dialogue choices), immunosuppressive medications, Max-Tac in case of cyberpsychosis unless one or more cyberwares are removed.

All of this hoping that Phantom Liberty adds a new ending if not a new branching storyline.
THEN we will talk about NG+.

Sorry for my English.

So far all the patches have improved the game a lot making it more enjoyable and with the upcoming patch 1.7 bringing several overhauls, they're definitely going in the right direction. However, it's not enough for me to start a second run/new game+, it would be pointless in the current state of the game.
I don't understand the hurry for a NG+ since this game still has low replayability value due to the lack of impactul choices and empty world.
First, the game needs to be filled with more features and content such as:

1) More interaction with the world (people, objects, bars, billboards, machines, minigames, more activities, etc)

2) More hidden quests not shown by quest marker and secret random events/encounters. Most of the secrets in this game are easter eggs or loot related.

3) Strenghts and weaknesses for each gang, in order to change our approach and tactics in gigs and quests, like in this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/2217

4) Lifepath system overhaul with perks and disadvantages as I wrote in this post https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...-features-list.11050358/page-25#post-12566270

5) Humanity cost and its consequencies: dealing with low empathy (disabling one or more dialogue options, especially those with peaceful resolution in multiple dialogue choices), immunosuppressive medications, Max-Tac in case of cyberpsychosis unless one or more cyberwares are removed.

All of this hoping that Phantom Liberty adds a new ending if not a new branching storyline.
THEN we will talk about NG+.

Sorry for my English.

do not hold your breath

Most of these Mechanics are things that have been bled dry in other games. We've seen a moral compass mechanic used a lot in games such as Mass Effect or Fallout. If its put into a game like Cyberpunk it would have to be unique to it. Like in the Rep system.
Your actions can effect reputation with groups in the game and might ultimately effect outcome of story too.

I'm sure CTPR can dish out the dosh on more voice acted interactions. but a lot more goes into it then just the Voice acting. New Animations seem to be a challenge to implement into this game..

I cant really see CDPR really putting that much more time and resources into this game other then the next expansion though.

There is also no possibility to do NG+ because you reach the maximum level before you finish the game which means that even if you start NG+ you will be at level 50 and you have nowhere to go up or the possibility to earn more ability points. In Witcher 3 at least you had a maximum of 70 without the DLC and 100 with the DLC so that if you finished the game at level 50 you still have room to advance in NG+. It doesn't seem like the game was designed with NG+ in mind as an option so I wouldn't hold my breath expecting it to be added to the game

There is also no possibility to do NG+ because you reach the maximum level before you finish the game which means that even if you start NG+ you will be at level 50 and you have nowhere to go up or the possibility to earn more ability points. In Witcher 3 at least you had a maximum of 70 without the DLC and 100 with the DLC so that if you finished the game at level 50 you still have room to advance in NG+. It doesn't seem like the game was designed with NG+ in mind as an option so I wouldn't hold my breath expecting it to be added to the game
or they just reset all your stats and let you keep your weapon wall so you can try new builds with your character but who knows that might not make much sense

or they just reset all your stats and let you keep your weapon wall so you can try new builds with your character but who knows that might not make much sense
Most of the weapons require a certain level of abilities which means you won't be able to use them or at least not effectively which will make all of this unnecessary and you'd be better off making a new game with a new character. Which is what I've done 4 times so far

cool story, and that works for you

Some want new game plus. I saw do it since the world is a lifeless wasteland once you reach a certain point. so it would give people who want to continue to use their characters and those people do not care how you play the game. i see no problem with a new game plus. it might keep players more engaged with the game in the way they wish to play

cool story, and that works for you

Some want new game plus. I saw do it since the world is a lifeless wasteland once you reach a certain point. so it would give people who want to continue to use their characters and those people do not care how you play the game. i see no problem with a new game plus. it might keep players more engaged with the game in the way they wish to play
I want NG+ too, I don't understand why you think I'm against it. I'm just saying it probably won't happen because the game doesn't have the infrastructure for it and even if they add it now it won't be the way you want it.
I was also hoping it would be added in the 1.6 update and I still hope to see it with the upcoming DLC

I want NG+ too, I don't understand why you think I'm against it. I'm just saying it probably won't happen because the game doesn't have the infrastructure for it and even if they add it now it won't be the way you want it.
I was also hoping it would be added in the 1.6 update and I still hope to see it with the upcoming DLC
i am for it but i believe they would have to reset your stats/attributes
Just leave the weapon wall alone that way you can keep skippy without having to dupe and break him

If they added more stuff to do in the city i would be fine. after everything is done all you can do is walk around. i want random people to just attack me. something to make the world feel alive

Why I want NG+

Because it's fun and by the time you have your legendary Quickhacks and Gorilla with your super-armadillos, you have already done most of the game.

It's meant to be fun.

I also think it's f***ing ridiculous to go, "But we don't have interactable kiosks!" I mean, they're not even related.

The cyberpsychosis is also a weird quest since V dies in a few weeks. There's no time in-game to go cyberpsycho and the game made an entire plot about how cyberpsyshosis is fake.

You'd have to throw out all 20 cyberpsycho shards to make it like the anime.

I agree, working on NG+ right now is not a viable use of resources, they should work on fixing bugs, adding environmental events, different layers to the city (i.e. the rail system, sewers etc) & mod support for PS5 & Xbox series X

I agree with not needing new game + right now too. The game seems to be designed to be played a single time through and then replay it starting from scratch. The perks right now feel quite good, each build plays very differently than the other. And the cyberware matches to that feel, since you can't quickhack if you have the Sandi installed, or berserker; unless you modded your game. Imo what the game needs right now is more deep content. The story can't be changed, so that whole branching/choices matter thing can't be added in anymore unless it's a dlc storyline which is fine. But to make the game more enjoyable now and increase its replay value we need more substantial "ingame systems" added in. Things like a fleshed out companion system with story arcs; make your own edgerunner crew type deal, or a deep gang system coupled with the police system. In the gigs people are sending kill squads at people who steal a simple car. If not the police, gangs would for sure send their own teams of hired edgerunners/mercs to zero V. With the amount of stuff V is messing up for gangs, any gang real life or video game would 100% be actively trying to flatline V. It never felt right to me in this game that I can so freely walk around from story location to story location without even getting harrassed by gang members. Night City is so peaceful

... with the upcoming patch 1.7 bringing several overhauls,
Huh? where does this come from?
We just got patch 1.6 a month ago or so, an expansion (phantom) is coming next year but that's all that was announced as far as I know...
Would like to know where you got this from, or is this nothing more then idle speculation?

I do agree with not needing NG+, I'd even like to take it one step further. Its not needed at all.
What I would want instead, let us roam Night City with a restocked map and have fun there.

Huh? where does this come from?
We just got patch 1.6 a month ago or so, an expansion (phantom) is coming next year but that's all that was announced as far as I know...
"Maybe" from the stream 1.6, in which they "announced" to work on Police and Melee fight "improvments", not really overhaul :)

NG+ should be considered regarding the fact that you can't have fun with your build until the end of the game and as there isn't any end game content, NG+ would be an easy way to add some.

Atm i'm using overleveling to have fun with my builds during the whole game, it's like a NG+ but it's not that fun to farm for hours NPCs.

Top Bottom