We know anything about this "Cinematic feel"?

+
We know anything about this "Cinematic feel"?

Witcher had a very good direction in this, but I'm not sure this is best approach for sandbox, except in few "key" moments, for "drama factor".

There is an indie title called Oxenfree that does a few interesting things when it comes to dialogue, would work great here.

Here is a video on it: https://youtu.be/kzfKnI8x5SE?t=275

Looks neat but without knowing more about CP2077 it's tough to say how well something similar would work with it.

It should have Tarantino feel but where you have to reply like in any other RPG but as that indie title suggested, but in scripted scenes where characters just go and spew nonsense. I don't want to spew curses during action scene. There's multiplayer titles for that.

interesting, but but with interjections, you dont get to know everything te other character has to say, mybe you mis important info
i like the idea of chatting while doing some other things,

cyberpunkforever;n7250400 said:
interesting, but but with interjections, you dont get to know everything te other character has to say, mybe you mis important info
i like the idea of chatting while doing some other things,

Well, yes, maybe you do miss important info. A lot like life. You can ask them to repeat themselves, if they like you, maybe they will.

This idea that you should be able to do everything in game, with any build or any weapon and always see every quest? That's not cinematic or life like. It's...weak.

I hope it will have way more to do with the details in the ambience than "cutscene fancyness" i can't even count how many time playing the mass effect while Shepard was dodging explosion with acrobacy i facepalmed so hard that i left a print on my face....

More Bladerunner Cinematic feel...

Less Micheel bay one thanks....

Shadowrun dragonfall could be a turn based isometric game but has way more cinematic feel than the whole mass effect.

More like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XcGSJ6Of9g

No like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t5p4UNDZK8

Last edited:
All I can say is that "cinematic" has had a pretty bad ring the last few years. Usually it's a buzzword for developers to try and excuse something like forced 30 FPS with "cinematic feel".

I really hope it's something different though and refers to something like "film noir feeling".

Just as long as the "cinematic feel" doesn't boil down to cutscenes galore like in Witcher and many other games.

I rather it was about few specifically set up moodpieces and "camera drives" honed to perfection for the occasion at certain key points in the narrative and nothing more.

I liked cutscenes "before". For one example the "Tanker" scene in Fallout 2 was - at the time - a powerful scene since it was one of the very few instead of a bunch, and it was clearly made more for a purpose and effect than as a commodity.

Last edited:
Honestly, I think "Cinematic graphics" are just code for "really really good realistic looking ones"

It will simply mean utilising quality cutscenes to help tell the story, and that's it. That's how it's been done the last three games. They may heighten choice and consequence sections by mingling action responses in with dialog, which would also make it feel more cinematic. Some people hate cutscenes, but they're simply another tool for devs to use. Vast majority of time in TW3 is spent chopping shit up and interacting with NPCs, both of which I consider gameplay.

When it comes to main dialogues, I like to see my characters face. I see the character from behind all the time during the game. Seeing the face helps me to get a connection to the character. It bothered my that in Skyrim the dialogue starts wherever you are standing and you only see your characters back the whole time.

Also I liked the the approach of Dragon Age were you companions just start chatting with each other it felt much more natural. Although I think in CP we'll only have one follower at a time and also less time in general just for some quests IF there is a possibility to get a temporary follower.

Top Bottom