We must give CDPR time the problems are in RED ENGINE

+
I have finished the game, it has been a great experience for me, as well as for many players. Great story, great city, great characters and great game. I want much more please !!!

You need a lot of content and more options and we've all said them already.

But there is something that I perceive since I play and that seeing that each patch improves but also breaks, I am coming to the conclusion that perhaps the big problem that Cyberpunk 2077 has is that its engine has errors and generates errors in execution, because I had bugs during the 135 hours (in PC with I7, 32 Gb, 512 ssd y 3070 rtx) that I have played, all the players have had errors and also the errors in each player have been similar but not the same depending on their hardware.

What if the problem with Red Engine is that it has no stability, has limitations and bad optimization? Because patch 1.1 has fixed bugs but has caused others. That leads me to think this opinion is not strange.

There are physics errors, there are errors in how the engine interprets actions, here is something deeper than what we see with the naked eye ...

Maybe developers can't do more with the tools that the engine provides

It also seems that the deficiencies and limitations in some aspects of the RED ENGINE engine are also the cause of having removed some features from the game and having such poor AI

CDPR has a great job ahead of it and I think it's not just correcting the game here and there ...

ALL THE FORCE !!!!

Do you have the same impression?

Last edited:
CDPR made the Red engine and I Know yes they need time to fix it. But they were the ones that released it even after saying it will release when it was ready. I was waiting for another delay and did care cause I thought it will be ready when it's ready...

Don't get me wrong I don't blame the Devs they can only do what they are told and with what time restraints are but on them.
But CDPR management knew these problems and knew it wasn't finished and still put it out.
Just saying ya they messed up but just give them a pass is what is wrong with the industry. Suits will always push the consumer and see what they can get away with. I'm not saying that's what CDPR did, but its not looking good.

1.1 Was the patch on which every other patch would build on. In a lot of people experience it broke even more with a downgrade in graphics. They should have scrapped PS4 and Xbox One and just released in 2022 for next gen platforms. But the suits wanted that holiday money. And they got it. Now those with half way good experience are telling everyone who still can't play just give them time.

We have to hold these suits accountable for these kind of actions or they will just do it again and again.

TL/DR I do have faith in the devs at CDPR and know they can produce amazing things. But we can not let the suits get away with these kind of practices. Red engine is an in house engine...

CDPR made the Red engine and I Know yes they need time to fix it. But they were the ones that released it even after saying it will release when it was ready. I was waiting for another delay and did care cause I thought it will be ready when it's ready...

Don't get me wrong I don't blame the Devs they can only do what they are told and with what time restraints are but on them.
But CDPR management knew these problems and knew it wasn't finished and still put it out.
Just saying ya they messed up but just give them a pass is what is wrong with the industry. Suits will always push the consumer and see what they can get away with. I'm not saying that's what CDPR did, but its not looking good.

1.1 Was the patch on which every other patch would build on. In a lot of people experience it broke even more with a downgrade in graphics. They should have scrapped PS4 and Xbox One and just released in 2022 for next gen platforms. But the suits wanted that holiday money. And they got it. Now those with half way good experience are telling everyone who still can't play just give them time.

We have to hold these suits accountable for these kind of actions or they will just do it again and again.

TL/DR I do have faith in the devs at CDPR and know they can produce amazing things. But we can not let the suits get away with these kind of practices. Red engine is an in house engine...
perhaps having had so much foreign investment has led them to the precipice ... The pressure was coming from outside

Is this thread's topic is RED Engine and its problems/limitations or it's going to turn into another off topic one with random thoughts on the business related issues? If the latter, it will get closed soon.

I have finished the game, it has been a great experience for me, as well as for many players. Great story, great city, great characters and great game. I want much more please !!!

You need a lot of content and more options and we've all said them already.

But there is something that I perceive since I play and that seeing that each patch improves but also breaks, I am coming to the conclusion that perhaps the big problem that Cyberpunk 2077 has is that its engine has errors and generates errors in execution, because I had bugs during the 135 hours (in PC with I7, 32 Gb, 512 ssd y 3070 rtx) that I have played, all the players have had errors and also the errors in each player have been similar but not the same depending on their hardware.

What if the problem with Red Engine is that it has no stability, has limitations and bad optimization? Because patch 1.1 has fixed bugs but has caused others. That leads me to think this opinion is not strange.

There are physics errors, there are errors in how the engine interprets actions, here is something deeper than what we see with the naked eye ...

Maybe developers can't do more with the tools that the engine provides

It also seems that the deficiencies and limitations in some aspects of the RED ENGINE engine are also the cause of having removed some features from the game and having such poor AI

CDPR has a great job ahead of it and I think it's not just correcting the game here and there ...

ALL THE FORCE !!!!

Do you have the same impression?

"we must give them time to fix a problem" which they should have fixed before releasing the game
we were all patiently waiting for the game, waiting for them to released it when they think it's done

"coming when it's ready"... well... they anounced that the game is ready and decided to release it:
we don't have any obligation to wait for them to fix something that is rushed, it's on them... not us

I don't think time is really the issue here the majority opinion from what I've seen seems to be that this game needs more time. Personally I don't mind waiting a few more years for the rest of this game. I just want something that resembles the promised product. Obviously it's not going to be the best game ever or anything but something closer to good would be ideal.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on the bugs you've experienced beyond the rush to get the game out. Errors are not repeated in the same way in the same situation. We can debate on that or the moderator will close the discussion

perhaps having had so much foreign investment has led them to the precipice ...

You can tell by playing it the Devs put their heart in sole into it. As much as they could under the restraints. But the game just isn't finished. We can hope and I really do as I enjoyed what was there when it worked. At this point all we can do it hope. But we can't let the suits forget as we learn history so we do not repeat it.

I really do believe they will fix it in time. But unfortunately CDPR will always have that on their record. How they more forward and how they show fans that they did in deed learned from this is yet to be seen. 1.1 did fix some things but broke others.

everything holds on 1.2 it seems

The engine can be fixed just have to hope it's not to deep.

You can tell by playing it the Devs put their heart in sole into it. As much as they could under the restraints. But the game just isn't finished. We can hope and I really do as I enjoyed what was there when it worked. At this point all we can do it hope. But we can't let the suits forget as we learn history so we do not repeat it.

I really do believe they will fix it in time. But unfortunately CDPR will always have that on their record. How they more forward and how they show fans that they did in deed learned from this is yet to be seen. 1.1 did fix some things but broke others.

I think putting everything on patch 1.2 is a bad idea. the company themselves said that they would be releasing patches throughout the year but hopefully patch 1.2 appease Sony. This game's got a ton of potential I hope it pans out.

that is also my impression. A very good job with tools that are not totally stable. I am willing to wait too, I am not given to shouting at the first setback, there is a lot of complexity in all this work.

The engine can be fixed we just have to hope now
that is also my impression. A very good job with tools that are not totally stable. I am willing to wait too, I am not given to shouting at the first setback, there is a lot of complexity in all this work.

Agreed They have a lot of work ahead of them and if anyone can do it they can. I just hope for best and give the hard working Devs love. Once the engine is working properly and they become very familiar with it. We will see content blasting out.

The Red Engine may lack features to implement. But the bugs are due to errors in the programming. Another issue is the requirements problems that the old generation of consoles have.
A PS4 is equivalent to:
CPU - 40% power of an AMD 1600.
Graphics - Nvidia 1050.
Storage - HDD Sata 3 (Slow).

CDPR should not have released the game for these consoles. The other option is to have it created for them and then improve it for PC.

I don't think the engine itself is responsible for most of the bugs and glitches, at least not in the sense that it is badly programmed or something like that.

It's more that the game is filled to the brim with assets: The amount of stuff simultaniously on screen and in the vicinity of the player is insane.

And all that stuff has to be loaded in from disk, in realtime, sometimes while the player is zooming through the world at over 100mph. And since memory is finite, all the new assets have to replace old ones, so the engine is constantly trying to decicde which assets to replace, which to load and at what level of detail.

I think that is where the majority of glitches come from, since almost everything in this game seems to be streamed in this way: Models, Textures, world objects, map geometry, animations, dialog and it's audio.
T-pose? Animation still stuck in loading.
Blurry texture: Higher quality version stuck in loading.
Low poly character? More polygons still loading.
Dialog audio missing? Lip sync not working? Driving full speed into an invisible object? Yep, all still loading.

The thing is, the amount of assets an engine like this can handle depends strongly on the hardware. This is imho why people on consoles tend to have such a miserable experience. The game is simply too much for some of the hardware it tries to runs on.

Fixing stuff like this is not the same as fixing a regular bug, like a quest trigger or a crash. It is more about striking a balance between what the hardware can do and what is necessary for a good experience, performance vs looks basically.
All made harder by the fact that what works good on one set of hardware might be worse on another.

Personally, I am amazed that this game runs on old gen consoles at all, still providing a somewhat playable experience. I think with a bit of time, trial and error, the cdpr devs will find a workable balance for each of the consoles. But I doubt that it will ever end up being perfect, only powerful hardware can do that I think.

There is a cost- and time factor. Never was in this kind of sphere. There is a reason why I'm working in Consulting FOR IT-Projects not as coder :giggle:

But I think it is very complicated fixing and shoving an engine under an existing game. Fast. On many platforms and with new dev kits for next console.
I didn't buy Hitman 3 but everywhere is party with X-Ray on next gen, 3 fps more or less and bla. Instead CP2077 has a long way to go to make it work.

I don't think the engine itself is responsible for most of the bugs and glitches, at least not in the sense that it is badly programmed or something like that.

It's more that the game is filled to the brim with assets: The amount of stuff simultaniously on screen and in the vicinity of the player is insane.

And all that stuff has to be loaded in from disk, in realtime, sometimes while the player is zooming through the world at over 100mph. And since memory is finite, all the new assets have to replace old ones, so the engine is constantly trying to decicde which assets to replace, which to load and at what level of detail.

I think that is where the majority of glitches come from, since almost everything in this game seems to be streamed in this way: Models, Textures, world objects, map geometry, animations, dialog and it's audio.
T-pose? Animation still stuck in loading.
Blurry texture: Higher quality version stuck in loading.
Low poly character? More polygons still loading.
Dialog audio missing? Lip sync not working? Driving full speed into an invisible object? Yep, all still loading.

The thing is, the amount of assets an engine like this can handle depends strongly on the hardware. This is imho why people on consoles tend to have such a miserable experience. The game is simply too much for some of the hardware it tries to runs on.

Fixing stuff like this is not the same as fixing a regular bug, like a quest trigger or a crash. It is more about striking a balance between what the hardware can do and what is necessary for a good experience, performance vs looks basically.
All made harder by the fact that what works good on one set of hardware might be worse on another.

Personally, I am amazed that this game runs on old gen consoles at all, still providing a somewhat playable experience. I think with a bit of time, trial and error, the cdpr devs will find a workable balance for each of the consoles. But I doubt that it will ever end up being perfect, only powerful hardware can do that I think.
I agree it's not just the engine but the engine is definitely not helping.

It's fine to speculate about things like this as an outsider, but I can tell you from inside the industry that the engine is the foundation of everything. This is a new engine and is responsible for automating a lot of things that the artists, level designers and so on need to be able to take for granted in order to do their jobs. Any large, complex engine needs time to go through iterations and revisions of the implementations of its various subsystems. Things that don't work so well need time to be put through their paces and either polished, overhauled or replaced entirely. The development team simply needed more time on this engine to both polish what we've currently got, and to finish implementing various subsystems that we all can clearly see were cut so the game could be released to appease shareholders.

I don't think time is really the issue here the majority opinion from what I've seen seems to be that this game needs more time. Personally I don't mind waiting a few more years for the rest of this game. I just want something that resembles the promised product. Obviously it's not going to be the best game ever or anything but something closer to good would be ideal.

The problem is that how much time are people going to give to a game that is a single player experience that most of us have already finished at least once in less than a month? Making the perfect, open world sandbox game that many of us expected in two years won't really do much for the company, the game, or the players. By then it will be an old game on an old engine with a worn-out plot everybody already knows backwards and forwards.

To make it worth doing CDPR needs to fix the bugs, add in all the missing features, *and* add new content 2-3 times what was in the original release game. I mean major new story arcs with great characters and real choice as to outcomes. Without all of that, most players will say "meh, I finished Cyberpunk 2077 a long while back and Starkiller IV will be out next week, so I'm not reinstalling it now. "

I see few optimists who say that the foundations of the game are solid, and that it will get better with updates. But the foundations are the engine. And it needed much more tweaking time to support a story-driven vertically rich open-world adventure first-person looter shooter role-playing game on current technology. It will always be this sinking ship with duct tape all over it if they don't revamp it significantly because whatever they add later won't eliminate the core issues.

Top Bottom