We NEED a way to RESET Attributes

+

Someone create a petition to reset attribute points

• Yes

• No

• Link The petition Below

Results are only viewable after voting.
RESET Attributes would be good , because I had no idea how cyberwear works . and made some mistakes
I agree in that it may be more prevalent to reinforce the permanent nature, but I disagree in having a hard reset.

Also, thinking about it a bit more, its logical that cyberware is permanent as it seems to also replace otherwise biological functions. At least this is how I always invisioned it.

If you're on PC, there's this thing ... It's called a "mod", but, it's really a GUI Save Editor, and it let's you do lots of things ...

CyberCat SimpleGUI Save Editor.

There. Now you don't have to create a whole new character ... if you're on PC.
If not, well, sorry.
Your issue right now is one of the least of issues in a long long long line of thingsCDPR is working on to fix all the things that aren't what they should be with this less-than-satisfying-launch-for-many.

:)

The problem with resetting attributes is, what happens to the exp you gained on the skills and the perk points you got through that?

The problem with resetting attributes is, what happens to the exp you gained on the skills and the perk points you got through that?

It's not that hard really. Skills get deleveled automatically to the highest possible, you lose the passive bonuses and the extra perk points. It goes without saying that after an attribute reset you get perk reset as well. However such a reset should be limited and not infinite/purchasable

If you're on PC, there's this thing ... It's called a "mod", but, it's really a GUI Save Editor, and it let's you do lots of things ...

If not, well, sorry.
Your issue right now is one of the least of issues in a long long long line of thingsCDPR is working on to fix all the things that aren't what they should be with this less-than-satisfying-launch-for-many.

Sorry bruh I'm on XSX
Post automatically merged:

I'm Guessing that in the near future there will be a level cap increase , plus you got that empty spot on the skill tree
InkedUnbenannt2_LI.png

Last edited:

xlawx

Forum regular
It's not a big deal. If you reach the max lvl. You have total 71 of attribute points.
You can invest 3 attributes to max 20. or invest 2 attributes to max and the rest every get min. 10.

If you are at low or mid. level, You have no worry to misinvest yet. You can still make a plan.
For example: 5 Attributes with max level of V.
A) 20/20/20/6/5
B) 20/20/11/10/10
C) 20/18/16/9/8
I hope, you're relieved.

I find 3 max. attributes too extreme and some perks at 20 aren't worth.
_____
I didnt saw your edit wit the picture. It was mentioned, before there were Constitution and Strength but got merged into Body. I see a german "Konstitution" has to be "Kondition".
It's another forgotten thing, which should to be removed or MAY they have an idea for future.

Last edited:

If not, well, sorry.

Is it safe? I just found one nice jacket but it's green, what a bummer. Kinda lost mood to play now for the 3rd time all good looking items have trash stat.

Is it safe? I just found one nice jacket but it's green, what a bummer. Kinda lost mood to play now for the 3rd time all good looking items have trash stat.

Is perfectly safe. I used it to clear some unscrappable items from my inventory. (Multiple copies of Johnny's stuff that wasn't consumed when I upgraded it.)

Dont agree in this simply because you could first go on crafter till all your gear is legendary, then you go on netrunner till all your quickhacks are legendary, then you respec on your favorite battle style (melee or range) with having the top tier gear.

And again (in memory to the romance all to bi demand stuff) i wonder how so many people complain about the lack of choice and consequence in this game but then, people demand to wash every the same at every possible part of the game.

NO NEVER NIET NADA

I use it all the time.
I play game very casual right now, because, I know it's all buggy, and I'm not being really too serious about play, so, one thing I do is play dressup fashion plate barbie with all the different outfits, and even some of the clothing replacers that look neat.

The easiest way to change things is to put everything you want to make Legendary into car's storage area.
Your character has 3 storage slots, 1 for stuff you are wearing and carrying around, and 1 for your car, and another ... I don't know what it is.
By separating everything into the car storage, there's a car storage thing listed in the inventory section of the Save editor.
Click that ... go down list (start small with just a few items, or just one to get feel for it), do the Make Legendary ... save and close for that item, and then make sure to do the main save for the whole sav file, andthen load that save.

You can do while game is at main menu screen so you don't have to exit all the way out of game. Just exist game to main menu, and do save editor, then load the save.
Make two Manual saves at the same spot so you can be extra careful if you want to, and then use the last save as the experiment for learning how to use the Save Editor.

I have not used it to change appearance yet, but the Make Legendary feature works really well. a couple items will not add mod slots ... I don't know why, but mosteverything that gets made into Legendary gets full slots.

It's not a big deal. If you reach the max lvl. You have total 71 of attribute points.
You can invest 3 attributes to max 20. or invest 2 attributes to max and the rest every get min. 10.

If you are at low or mid. level, You have no worry to misinvest yet. You can still make a plan.
For example: 5 Attributes with max level of V.
A) 20/20/20/6/5
B) 20/20/11/10/10
C) 20/18/16/9/8
I hope, you're relieved.

I find 3 max. attributes too extreme and some perks at 20 aren't worth.
_____
I didnt saw your edit wit the picture. It was mentioned, before there were Constitution and Strength but got merged into Body. I see a german "Konstitution" has to be "Kondition".
It's another forgotten thing, which should to be removed or MAY they have an idea for future.

I agree with this. 71 out of 100 total points feels extreme and takes roleplaying out of RPG. If we got an attribute point every 2nd level it would have improved character builds somewhat as it would have forced us to make some difficult choices.

Also, as someone mentioned above you could easily abuse it by investing 20 into crafting and then resetting.

I agree with this. 71 out of 100 total points feels extreme and takes roleplaying out of RPG. If we got an attribute point every 2nd level it would have improved character builds somewhat as it would have forced us to make some difficult choices.

Also, as someone mentioned above you could easily abuse it by investing 20 into crafting and then resetting.
Throwing points in stats is not "role-playing". Doing various cookie-cutter builds in Diablo is not role-playing either.

This game is not a role-playing game to begin with, it is not a competitive game, and it is strictly a single player game, so letting players have fun instead of forcing them to grind out a whole new character seems reasonable enough.

what would game mean anything if there are no consequences?
cyberware replacement is all you can get. not happy, start a new playthrough
It is a single player game. What consequences will there ever be? Do you format your HDD and reinstall Windows every time you die in the game? If not then what consequences are there really?

Dont agree in this simply because you could first go on crafter till all your gear is legendary, then you go on netrunner till all your quickhacks are legendary, then you respec on your favorite battle style (melee or range) with having the top tier gear.

And again (in memory to the romance all to bi demand stuff) i wonder how so many people complain about the lack of choice and consequence in this game but then, people demand to wash every the same at every possible part of the game.

NO NEVER NIET NADA
I'm coming at this from a different angle, I have to admit. I see nothing else having any consequence in the game and wonder why stat choices should be the lone exception? If people want to exploit a single player game and go through a bunch of trouble to intentionally break the game balance then why should that bother me? Their game, their fun, their choice, IMO. I was also not the least bit offended about the LIM in Wolfenstein 3D. Or the overwhelming power in StarCraft. And so on, and so forth.

Last edited:
Sorry bruh I'm on XSX

I'm Guessing that in the near future there will be a level cap increase , plus you got that empty spot on the skill tree View attachment 11156147

most unlikely cause people found out it is connected to Johnny somehow... cause if u start and look up the menu up until you complete the heist its not there - it just appears at the moment u took the bio chip yourself from jacky...

I'm coming at this from a different angle, I have to admit. I see nothing else having any consequence in the game and wonder why stat choices should be the lone exception? If people want to exploit a single player game and go through a bunch of trouble to intentionally break the game balance then why should that bother me? Their game, their fun, their choice, IMO. I was also not the least bit offended about the LIM in Wolfenstein 3D. Or the overwhelming power in StarCraft. And so on, and so forth.

Because if you can become to strong from using what the game offers and thus the game becomes to easy, people complain about the lack in difficulty. Its already the case right now. People using perfect combintation of attributs, skills, items and item mods to increase their chars damage output to levels that no npc head can take and onehit everything even on the hardest difficulty, and then they complain the game be to easy.

So if you are not such a master builder and dont go the perfect path in developing your charackter, the game stays challenging. Now with the requested feature here, it would become even easier to create an imba char of death and even more people would complain about how easy the game became even without cheating.

Saying that if people use mods or savegame editors and the like, then they are active cheating and cant complain if that action breaks the game balance but if the game allows something similar without third person editors and mods, then they will.

Throwing points in stats is not "role-playing". Doing various cookie-cutter builds in Diablo is not role-playing either.

Roleplaying is a broad term. My second playthrough I roleplayed as a Corpo Stealth build and now I'm a Streetkid Cyberpsycho. Making informed choices about your character to build YOUR own story is what roleplaying is about. So yeah, if I put no points in Intelligence and my character is dumb as a rock that's roleplay.

If you look at the gaming industry everything from MUDs to card games & hack n' slash have RPG elements. If you can relate to your character in some shape or form it is an RPG (whether or not that is the main focus is something else).

So I politely disagree with your assessment.

71 perk points? On my level 50 i actually have 125 (49 from leveling, 10 from perk shards and the rest from leveling skills). We get way too much, especially if you take the time (like i have), to level all the skills you can, even if you do not use them.

Top Bottom