We need an option to disable npc health bars!

+
You can remove them under interface. It's a little weird though I had to turn it back on, I wanted to turn off damage numbers only.

That would be nice :) And also a way of seeing debuffs like overheat on each NPC, even the ones we're not targetting directly.

I mean it is meant to be an RPG... Got no problem with the option being there though but since you need to put quite a few bullets into killing an enemy I would probably opt in to keep them. Damage numbers were the first thing to go though ^^

I find it really stupid that humans take thousands of bullets, one of the things I hated most about division
I think you completely missed its RPG, it can look stupid but its still RPG and this thing is common in this gender. Look at The Divison, Destiny 2, Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn and others had health bars. You can play on lowest difficulty and you will one shot basically everyone.

I think you completely missed its RPG
He didn't miss anything. It's not an RPG, it's a story-based looter-shooter. In RPGs you have classes or specializations, alternative solutions to quests, dialogue options that change the outcome of the conversation, non-lethal resolutions to quests (and I don't mean "let's pretend my bullets don't kill anyone plugin"). Here is nothing like that, just superficial flavour. It's just a bug-ridden GTA-like game that pretends being an RPG in appearance but not in substance.

He didn't miss anything. It's not an RPG, it's a story-based looter-shooter. In RPGs you have classes or specializations, alternative solutions to quests, dialogue options that change the outcome of the conversation, non-lethal resolutions to quests (and I don't mean "let's pretend my bullets don't kill anyone plugin"). Here is nothing like that, just superficial flavour. It's just a bug-ridden GTA-like game that pretends being an RPG in appearance but not in substance.

Ehm, no, you are wrong because you clearly haven't play Cyberpunk. If this is your definition of RPG, fine, we can work with it, but you have no idea what are you talking about.

- classes or specializations
Witcher 3 was RPG if I'm not mistaken and there are not classes or specializations, I mean its pretty much same in Cyberpunk 2077. You have some skills and talent trees. That's enough, not everything have to be like World of Warcraft where you have 12 classes and all of them have 3 more specializations. This is not RPG definition.

- alternative solutions to quests / dialogue options that change the outcome of the conversation
A LOT of quests I had to replay just because I wanted something from it. Like Claire storyline, you can change outcome. And that's one example, there is way more.

- non-lethal resolutions to quests
almost every main story mission in the game can be done by not killing and there is mechanic, where you are not killing your enemy, you just wound them very hard and then its on you if you spare his life or not. Btw. there are non-lethal mods for you guns.

"A Looter Shooter is a genre of video games that fluidly mix RPG elements with a point-and-click style shooting game. "

Ehm, no, you are wrong because you clearly haven't play Cyberpunk. If this is your definition of RPG, fine, we can work with it, but you have no idea what are you talking about.

- classes or specializations
Witcher 3 was RPG if I'm not mistaken and there are not classes or specializations, I mean its pretty much same in Cyberpunk 2077. You have some skills and talent trees. That's enough, not everything have to be like World of Warcraft where you have 12 classes and all of them have 3 more specializations. This is not RPG definition.

- alternative solutions to quests / dialogue options that change the outcome of the conversation
A LOT of quests I had to replay just because I wanted something from it. Like Claire storyline, you can change outcome. And that's one example, there is way more.

- non-lethal resolutions to quests
almost every main story mission in the game can be done by not killing and there is mechanic, where you are not killing your enemy, you just wound them very hard and then its on you if you spare his life or not. Btw. there are non-lethal mods for you guns.

"A Looter Shooter is a genre of video games that fluidly mix RPG elements with a point-and-click style shooting game. "

1. TW3 is an RPG indeed and it had specialization in the Magic, Sword, and Alchemy specialization branches, which changes the manner of combat approach. By itself this feature is not a definition of RPG but it is one of the few necessary components.

2. Just for the sake of it, take some major quest and save in the beginning. Then try to do it using different dialogue options. The NPC reply and outcome is exactly the same no matter what you choose and no matter of your background, the only difference is a superficial flavour text.

3. This is not non-lethal/non-violent resolution of the quest. It's the same as violent but you pretend that you didn't kill anyone even though you did the same thing. Compare this to TW3, where you have multiple options of quest resolutions. It's not even close.

4. RPG elements is not equal to an RPG game. Most of the games nowadays has those elements. An RPG is a game where all those elements are brought together, not just some.

1. TW3 is an RPG indeed and it had specialization in the Magic, Sword, and Alchemy specialization branches, which changes the manner of combat approach. By itself this feature is not a definition of RPG but it is one of the few necessary components.

2. Just for the sake of it, take some major quest and save in the beginning. Then try to do it using different dialogue options. The NPC reply and outcome is exactly the same no matter what you choose and no matter of your background, the only difference is a superficial flavour text.

3. This is not non-lethal/non-violent resolution of the quest. It's the same as violent but you pretend that you didn't kill anyone even though you did the same thing. Compare this to TW3, where you have multiple options of quest resolutions. It's not even close.

4. RPG elements is not equal to an RPG game. Most of the games nowadays has those elements. An RPG is a game where all those elements are brought together, not just some.

No offence, but this is most useless response I expected. You still not proved me wrong, its an Role-Playing Game because you are roleplaying a character in the game and there are typical RPG elements so Cyberpunk 2077 is really RPG game.

Cyberpunk 2077 on Twitter: "@Sandpie00 @MilezZx It's a fully fledged RPG, not a shooter with RPG elements. 🙂" / Twitter

I see, for you there is only one true RPG game, and that's The Sims. This conversation is over. Howgh

No offence, but this is most useless response I expected. You still not proved me wrong, its an Role-Playing Game because you are roleplaying a character in the game and there are typical RPG elements so Cyberpunk 2077 is really RPG game.

Cyberpunk 2077 on Twitter: "@Sandpie00 @MilezZx It's a fully fledged RPG, not a shooter with RPG elements. 🙂" / Twitter

I see, for you there is only one true RPG game, and that's The Sims. This conversation is over. Howgh
Ah, a good old "its a Role-Playing Game because you are roleplaying a character in the game" argument. Just shows you incompetency in the RPGs subject. This is not a definition of the RPG. Role-playing in games, unlike in movies or theatre plays, suggests that, among other features, you are not railroaded in your choices how to proceed the game's main scenarios/quests.

A random Twitter post as a proof that CP77 is an RPG... ha ha ha.

The Sims is a simulation game, not an RPG. You're wrong again.

CDPR! REMOVE THESE STUPID ENEMY HEALTH BARS.
CDPR! REMOVE THE AWFUL YELLOW DORITOS ABOVE ENEMY HEADS!
CDPR! REMOVE THE STUPID RED EYE THAT SHOWS WHEN I'M SPOTTED BY ENEMIES!
CDPR! REMOVE THE HIDEOUS AND IMMERSION BREAKING COLORED LOOT ICONS AND OUTLINES!
CDPR! LET US HIDE THE HIDEOUS YELLOW OBJECTIVE WAYPOINTS!

WHILE YOU'RE stinking AT IT, PUT IN A SEPARATE VOLUME SLIDER FOR BACKGROUND MUSIC. I LOVE THE CAR RADIO. I want to hear the stereo. BUT I NEVER, EVER want to hear that FECKING combat music ever again. WHY DOES music = 0% TURN OFF ALL MUSIC? I just want to turn off the background cinematic repetitive guitar combat music and other not-coming-from-the-gameworld music. Not the in-world music. Totally sucks.

I find it really stupid that humans take thousands of bullets, one of the things I hated most about division
Do not under any circumstance ever buy a shooter RPG if you can't stand that. Cause it will always be a problem with guns in RPGS the disconnect from bullet to damage is crazy as compared to swords and fireballs.
Cyberpunk at least allows you to become super over powered by like level 20, I 1-3 shot everyone basically. In the division enemies get more bullet spongy as you progress which truly sucks balls

Do not under any circumstance ever buy a shooter RPG if you can't stand that. Cause it will always be a problem with guns in RPGS the disconnect from bullet to damage is crazy as compared to swords and fireballs.
Cyberpunk at least allows you to become super over powered by like level 20, I 1-3 shot everyone basically. In the division enemies get more bullet spongy as you progress which truly sucks balls
shut up man don't get this topic sidetracked with bullcrap. you're right, tho, in this game, enemies aren't even bullet-spongey, not even on very hard, once you're level 25-50.
buttttt that just drives home a point. when an enemy isn't bullet spongey, why do we even need the health bars?

MY GOD IT ANNOYS ME I CAN'T TURN THESE HEALTH BARS OFF.
and the yellow markers above enemy heads, which turn into red eyes, too.
they just suck.

it's a great game ruined by crap like this.
and the constant noises from XP/item notifications, and bad combat music.

these are things which shouldn't be an issue. other horrible things (floating damage numbers) can already be turned off.

shut up man don't get this topic sidetracked with bullcrap. you're right, tho, in this game, enemies aren't even bullet-spongey, not even on very hard, once you're level 25-50.
buttttt that just drives home a point. when an enemy isn't bullet spongey, why do we even need the health bars?

MY GOD IT ANNOYS ME I CAN'T TURN THESE HEALTH BARS OFF.
and the yellow markers above enemy heads, which turn into red eyes, too.
they just suck.

it's a great game ruined by crap like this.
and the constant noises from XP/item notifications, and bad combat music.

these are things which shouldn't be an issue. other horrible things (floating damage numbers) can already be turned off.
how tf is it bullcrap and I am right at the same time? I wasn't literally saying dont play these rpg shooters cause IDGAF what you or anyone else does with their time, but don't complain cause thats just how it fucking works with shooter rpgs you unload a whole clip or two and they still alive, and it is just too unrealistic with guns. I dont even remember what or who I replied to , and don't care to look for it, but I'ma assume he or you said something about bullet sponges in a shooter RPG , if you play shooter RPGS all of them have bullet sponge mechanics

remnant
division
borderlands
the list goes on

perfectly on fucking topic

Top Bottom