We should get buffs for heavy machine guns in the annihilation tree

+
Ripping turrets out is one of the few perks of using gorilla arms, when compared to the other arms cyberware, but heavy machine guns just don't scale damage as well as other weapons, making them quite underpowered (and useless) as the game progresses. Wouldn't it be ok for the annihilation perks related to shotguns and LMGs damage apply to HMGs too?

Thoughts?

On a side note, does anyone find good use for the LMGs themselves? Best defender LMG I found was epic and it wasn't better than other weapons, both in raw damage and actual performance.

I think it should, perk is about physically being able to control and aim burst fire weapon with lot's of recoil.

Didn't used LMG's much, even I had 20 body in end game. I think the best they can do is stagger, which then doesn't do much if there are several enemies shooting you. I didn't made much notes about range and I'm not sure if their intended use scenario is just to have option for mid-distance DPS for high body builds and/or use against vehicles.

Ripping turrets out is one of the few perks of using gorilla arms, when compared to the other arms cyberware, but heavy machine guns just don't scale damage as well as other weapons, making them quite underpowered (and useless) as the game progresses. Wouldn't it be ok for the annihilation perks related to shotguns and LMGs damage apply to HMGs too?

Thoughts?

On a side note, does anyone find good use for the LMGs themselves? Best defender LMG I found was epic and it wasn't better than other weapons, both in raw damage and actual performance.
Ripping turrets out has nothing to do with gorilla arms.

I definitely agree with buffing ALL the machine guns. For a weapon like this to have a lower DPS than pretty much every other weapon is really disheartening. The only reason to spend time using it is if you have a high Body and just want some extra perk points. Either the weapon should be removed as a pure trap, or it needs to be buffed.

Something I didn't try but...

I remember using HMG on one mission at involving a gas station, and somehow ended in position where I was decently covered. There were enemy reinforcements and HMG stagger and perhaps dismemberment worked there to my favor. I don't think any of them made it really close. Reinforcements crossed the road while I was inside that gas station and I started picking them when they were

Has anyone tested if LMG can dismember enemies? It can IIRC stagger but does Blood Bath for example only apply to shotguns?

We got only 1 lmg and its bug Lmg too :0 Its not even have recipe for craft. and salty weapon shop selling it for 500k cred.
and its bug dmg too . only around 535 :eek:

Lmg is my good friend in all game like COD . D2 even Warframe. but in here its just crappy peanut shooter :0 with super
heavy recoil than RPK non mod in cod mw .

cheer

We got only 1 lmg and its bug Lmg too :0 Its not even have recipe for craft. and salty weapon shop selling it for 500k cred.
and its bug dmg too . only around 535 :eek:

Lmg is my good friend in all game like COD . D2 even Warframe. but in here its just crappy peanut shooter :0 with super
heavy recoil than RPK non mod in cod mw .

cheer
Swap the mod between the Vertical Recoil and Improved Damage mod a few times. You'll increase the fire rate making it really good. Keep the Vertical Recoil mod. With full perks you get a lazer.
Caution: Only a few times. About 10-15 is good.

Considering the setting, it's not CoD, but movie, the Terminator (perk tree icons even) that's the inspiration and what kind of game play game is trying to enable here.

I don't see a reason why HMG:s shouldn't benefit from skill level bonuses and perks related to LMG's. How bonuses are applied 100% to 75% effective I don't have an opinion, but I think it it would be good to see what is LMG at first.

Some deconstruction starting with LMG's.

In Real Life: If you are firing any machine gun from non fixed position, something has already gone awfully wrong.

Even LMG's are relatively heavy, they are also relatively big and so if you aren't using supports, you need help aiming by rotating your body. Then you are firing from the hip, so sights are out of question and wouldn't matter anyways because since you aren't using supports, they are not taking any of the recoil. In the end you can't hit a damn anything really. Can still be try to fill fire support role theoretically, but that really won't last long though, while standing and being a huge stupid target with a clumsy weapon to use like that. Like I said, something has gone awfully wrong if that happens.

In Game: We can this Darwin award winning scenario as we have possibility to create our own Arnold via cybernetics such as; subdermal armor, pain editor, synaptic signal optimizer. Then there is Body primary stat (body HMG movement speed) and Body related skill bonuses. Athletics skill level, (max health, armor) and perk options such as; invincible, steel shell, indestructible. Then there is even more Annihilation level progression and perks. Skill level related bonuses in Annihilation tree were far more effective than I expected. Perks reducing recoil are useful too, but I found Biathlete very useful, though I mainly used shotgun as firearm.

There is so much synergy in perks, that I won't get in more detail. Lots of

Unknow variables:
Athletics skill: Max skill level unattainable by normal game play, but only via Berserker glitch. Most players probably don't even know about that glitch.
Dog of War Perk: Didn't work at all,
- None of the perks perks that should enable health regeneration in combat worked for me at all.

Thoughts: LMG builds aren't probably be intended to be top DPS dealers, but have a lot staying power and keep elimination going despite being getting hit, being very durable Arnold rather than Terminator. IMO idea works as the next step would mean becoming Adam Smasher.

Broken attribute level progression and broken perks make creating build that very difficult, as Athletics is broken, also perk points available from skill levels are unattainable for most players.

Depending from character and difficulty level, intended(?) playstyle cannot be achieved due broken heath regeneration perks. Medium DPS dealers MaxDoc doesn't substitute, as using it reduces DPS.

Before related perks are fixed, IMO shotgun leaves LMG's mostly redundant as movement bonuses from perks and skills simply favor Close Quarters Combat scenario for high body builds. Farther, using melee and using MaxDoc synergizes with CqC fairly well for high body builds.

LMG's can be important for various reasons, but possible rebalancing should start after fixing perks as for now, creating a built that benefits from all skill level bonuses and perks that synergize, is impossible.

Last edited:
I just want to be able to store HMGs in a vehicle stash and craft ammo (although the low RoF and high damage per round - one rarely goes through the whole box magazine in one gig). I get it might be OP, but give us the option anyway seeing how unbalanced the game is anyway. It's the fastest way to blow up Militech SUVs for example.

Top Bottom