"We Want Your Feedback".

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Tweet from the lead Quest Designer. Seems genuine enough to me. If you want to go and share your feedback, do. The more people give them ideas about what feats/cut content should be in game the better. But remember, please let's remain civil and calm. I know it is a long shot but we have to try.

as much as i appreciate your optimism, the lack of presence from DEVs in this forum has done little to inspire my confidence in the notion

Last edited:
My feedback would be, just imagine you are a little kid going to Disney Land for your first time, only to find out that most of the attractions and rides are getting renovated...

Sure...you still can have a great time...but still...it hurts.

i don't know if you guys already watched this... but it shows the bugs and crashes are the game's smallest problems:

Saw this earlier in the week.

It needs to be permanently copied to a tablet that goes into every high-level meeting from here on out, as a constant reminder to the "decision makers" who even HINT at cutting corners or rushing a release. And not just at CDPR. But at EVERY development company on every platform as an example of the results of those decisions.

My feedback would be, just imagine you are a little kid going to Disney Land for your first time, only to find out that most of the attractions and rides are getting renovated...
More like "under construction". And the ones that work seem to only take you 50% of the way, then they tell you to get off, because the other 50% isn't finished yet. ;)

But they LOOK pretty! :D

Fair enough, as a moderator on a few boards myself I know we don't see half of the negative crap you see. Not to mention the crap you probably receive on a personal level.

I've never had to deal with a community this big going through this kind of situation. My hat's off to you moderators for keeping a cool head.

Perhaps we have different perceptions of criticism. I find that criticism is valid when it's disconnected from emotions. There can't be a blurry line, if the line is blurry then it's an emotionally charged comment. It may still be a valid comment, someone could still complain about the broken AI and be really disrespectful at the same time. So the comment to me is no longer critical, but disrespectful.

This is why I don't really like the whole "we aren't allowed to be critical" angle. Because using this someone can defend all kinds of emotional outbursts.

My experience is that people are being very emotional and not very logical. So to me the comments that are really trying hard to nitpick and put the game and the studio down are becoming rather obvious.

I personally enjoy the game, but I expected the main story to be longer and I recognize many other problems with it. I provide this feedback without mildly insinuating other things.

My opinion still stands, that until the emotions drop, it's going to be hard for CDPR to communicate on the forums. At this point they won't need Community Managers, but real life Negotiators and Counselors to wade this swamp. :D

Y'see, I personally disagree with your stance. In large part.

We're all humans. To demand criticism to be completely emotionless is simply unrealistic. Over the years, a lot of people have gotten very emotionally engaged with the game. Mostly excitement. Then the product they received was not what they expected (let's not talk about the validity of it here) and that was factually sub par in many aspects. Negative emotions set in and you get varying degrees of emotionally charged criticism.

Unless you've been trained to leave emotions out of arguments or have had to do so repeatedly throughout your life, it's unavoidable. If there is valid criticism, focus on that criticism. The emotions attached to it do not negate the validity of the feedback. It's up to you to not engage the emotions behind the criticism. If you engage them, you're going down the rabbit's hole yourself. If you're letting the emotions stop you from objectively evaluating the criticism, it's because your own emotions are getting in the way.

Even in the case of someone presenting valid feedback in an overly aggressive manner or just so negatively as to become ridiculous, I'd rather read through it and see the actual criticism behind it for what it is. I won't answer because some people are just TOO emotional about the situation but I can't stand behind the idea that criticism is only valid when disconnected from emotions. From what I've seen, those that can't even hold a conversation are few and far between. That or Gregski catches them rather quickly.:cool:

There are people who have absolutely no valid criticism and are simply being extremely pedantic, looking at the most minor of details and trying to weaponize it against CDPR out of anger or whatever. Those are to be ignored, of course.

as much as i appreciate your optimism, the lack of presence from DEVs in this forum has done little to inspire my confidence in the notion
They definitely watch the forums and take feedback from here. They even participate some when the forums are a bit quieter. However, they post much less frequently than they used to prior to the Witcher 3 release. Here is an explanation as to why from one developer approximately five years ago. EDIT: He obviously isn't speaking for anyone other than himself, but I think it is a reasonable explanation.

Last edited:
i don't know if you guys already watched this... but it shows the bugs and crashes are the game's smallest problems:

A subjective rant and option that is not different than any of the rants we have seen on here and should be taken as such .

The feelings expressed in this video are not indictive to "everyone" experience and should not be taken as some sort of "benchmark" of the games performance or over all "review"

In my opinion Its a you tube video playing off the rage to get clicks. No I am not defence anyone . This is my opinion and my opinion alone.

They definitely watch the forums and take feedback from here. They even participate some when the forums are bit quieter. However, they post much less frequently than they used to prior to the Witcher 3 release. Here is an explanation as to why from one developer approximately five years ago.

Thanks for posting this Rawls.

I know it's useless for you to do this but I do truly believe you should post it in every thread complaining about CDPR's silence or demanding answers on the forum. Just in a "so you know" way. Won't stop the more... intense members from demanding more answers but still, at least it's out there.

personally I am happy with their silence . I believe its the best thing they can do until In my opinion everyone calm s down and stops overreacting. Even then the only communication should be patch notes. Which will cause more raging as some will feel its "Insufficient"

Walking.

The single most immersionbreaking element in my opinion is the lack of walking.

I haven't had a twitter account to date, and I am uncomfortable being forced to do it now. I don't get why CDPR can't read their own forums.

ps. Once they get that done, I may offer more in-depth feedback.

Walking.

The single most immersionbreaking element in my opinion is the lack of walking.

I haven't had a twitter account to date, and I am uncomfortable being forced to do it now. I don't get why CDPR can't read their own forums.
They do.

This is literally a developer letting people know that theyre reading what people are writing to their personal account as well.

But when the negative aspects of the game are so much bigger than the positive aspects of the game, you cannot blame people in this forum to be more negative sided.

That is a subjective opinion I gave the game a 6.5 out of 10 and the only real issues I have with it are not a part of the normal rant ( romances to short , issue with the main story t self ( Evelyn dying , 6moth death sentence, no third person etc) over all main story too short , clothes have stats etc )

I mean good for you, if you are majority positivly towards the game, but do not generalize and call 90% of the entire fanbase just because they have a different opinion.

If you are saying 90% of people are unhappy . There over all pc ratings which count for 59% of the sales say other wise and have a lot more players behind them.

Yes the console rating are lower but that is because of my opinion stated earlier that I believe the game was not even made with last gen consoles in min but the next gen build was modified for last gen consoles and it backfired.

either way console players were offered are blanket refund at one point so really in my mind if they could get a refund and move on

Also there have been posts about last gen console user have enjoyed the game .

So personally out of 13 Million player I believe the majority are satisfied or happy as the overall user pc ratings would indicate

user pc ratings would indicate

Mixed or average reviews based on 27051 Ratings

just statically speaking 27051 is a better statically as a base than what you will fin on t he forums or most social media.

I also don't think any of the legal action or other governing body investigation will actually lead to anything none of us do until a verdict is given.

No one is namecalling anyone. When we talk about CDPR, we talk about the company.
Not a single person of that company was personally attacked.

I disagree how many times to you see the words " lied " "scam" and "false advertising" thrown around.

If we cant criticize the company, theres no hope for this game and for this industry left.

Just ]know that your options may not be shared no matter what " fact" you think are relevant . There a re some like myself who think the game is not up to W3 standards but also harbor no ill will toward the devs and feel it was still value for $60.

Also I also do nothing tither 'reputation" or trust have be harmed in any meaningful way due to the ratings they have received.

Last edited:
CDPR Silence of the Lamb

its almost half a month in 01/2021 no word from CDPR is not good, these kind of silence is not good to start out ur 2021 resolution for CP2077. we do NOT need ur DLC yet . WE NEED U TO FIX THE GAME, ex: AI, QUEST, BUGS etc............

CDPR Silence of the Lamb

its almost half a month in 01/2021 no word from CDPR is not good, these kind of silence is not good to start out ur 2021 resolution for CP2077. we do NOT need ur DLC yet . WE NEED U TO FIX THE GAME, ex: AI, QUEST, BUGS etc............
They were on break and already promised they'll have a patch this month and next month.

They do.

This is literally a developer letting people know that theyre reading what people are writing to their personal account as well.

I believe this. I truly do.

But I also live in the realm of reality. I get that he wanted to convey that "the dev team" is taking fan concerns to heart. And as he said, even when it's disheartening to read. And I really do appreciate that. I feel bad that he feels he needs to feel that way, because of decisions that were made by others well above his pay grade he had no control over.

But time will tell us which is more important to the higher ups: reputation or profit margins.

They definitely watch the forums and take feedback from here. They even participate some when the forums are a bit quieter. However, they post much less frequently than they used to prior to the Witcher 3 release. Here is an explanation as to why from one developer approximately five years ago. EDIT: He obviously isn't speaking for anyone other than himself, but I think it is a reasonable explanation.

i'll have to take your word on that. i've yet to see a post from one of the game devs, in a thread that wasn't created by a forum moderator, detailing what's happening in game development.

Thanks for posting this Rawls.

I know it's useless for you to do this but I do truly believe you should post it in every thread complaining about CDPR's silence or demanding answers on the forum. Just in a "so you know" way. Won't stop the more... intense members from demanding more answers but still, at least it's out there.

instead of them posting in a "just so you know" kind of way, i'd prefer there were constructive posts, ones that addressed community concerns. but maybe i'm just old fashioned in that i prefer posts w/ substance and with limited melatonin on noses.

personally I am happy with their silence . I believe its the best thing they can do until In my opinion everyone calm s down and stops overreacting. Even then the only communication should be patch notes. Which will cause more raging as some will feel its "Insufficient"

guess we'll have to agree to disagree. i'd like an environment that's conducive to growth. one in which feedback from devs help to guide discussions in a productive manner. they're good when it comes to deleting content that is in violation of forum rules, but i've yet to see them address much else. at first only some of the "suggestions" given by the community were impractical, irrelevant, ignorant or otherwise unintelligible. however w/out intervention these musing have become the overwhelming majority, so much so that most of the threads have become satirical. so it's become no surprise to me that mods and game devs are ghosts, but not for the reason some of you seem to believe.

i'll have to take your word on that. i've yet to see a post from one of the game devs, in a thread that wasn't created by a forum moderator, detailing what's happening in game development.
It's true they no longer post as much as they used to, but they still do from time to time. These are all from the past few weeks.

so it's become no surprise to me that mods and game devs are ghosts, but not for the reason some of you seem to believe.
I mean, I have more than fifty posts in forum threads this week, most of which don't deal with moderating at all. :shrug:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom