Weapon Attachment Re-Assignment Not Working

+
Couldn't find any post about this.
I have this problem that I don't remember having from playing years back.

So Weapon #1 has a scope/suppressor I want to put on Weapon #2.
I go into inventory and remove the attachment from W#1, and then I equip W#2 and attach the same one to W#2 instead.
Most of the time when I do this, the weapons are not updated properly (both within inventory menu and outside), and the info tooltip for W#1 shows the scope/suppressor still attached to W#1, even though it really isn't.
One may think it is purely "cosmetic", but I actually noticed this problem when my supposedly silenced pistol was making a lot of noise and actually alerting the enemies, and indeed there was no suppressor visible, even though I really had attached a suppressor in the inventory menu – one that had been attached to a different weapon before.

This "attachment re-assignment failure" bug is usually resolved for me by exiting inventory, readying W#2 and cycling between my equipped weapons and back to W#2 again.
Then if I open inventory again, my character is showing the equipped weapon with the proper mods attached, and the tooltip for W#1 has been updated accordingly.

It goes without saying, but I shouldn't have to do this almost every time I swap an attachment between weapons.
The problem seems to be that the necessary things are not updating properly upon the "unequip" and "equip" events for weapon attachments.

Additionally, sometimes I have also seen that weapons don't update their damage stats after unequipping silencers.
Contrary to the above problem, I'm hoping this is purely "cosmetic", and doesn't affect gameplay, but I have my doubts.

For the record, I recently verified my installation through GOG but the problem still remains.
The save file I'm playing on is from a couple of versions before v1.5, and it's the "newer" of my two characters.
My older "main" character is originally from before v1.1, so I truly hope save file "age" shouldn't be a problem.
If it is, I believe something went wrong with the save file conversion algorithms on CDPR's side.

Hopefully, I'm the only one with this problem and there's something I can do on my end, but I'm clueless as to what.
If not, I hope it's replicable and then solvable on CDPR's end.

Thank you very much!

Top Bottom