Weapon Concealment and Consequences

+
Weapon Concealment and Consequences

I don't think there's been any discussion on this topic whatsoever. In a lot of games, carrying around a big gun is only a big deal when you start shooting. CP2077 may be different with the weapon concealment system. Should we be able to waltz past a cop with our Constitution Cyclone and be allowed to go on our merry way, or does anyone think we'll probably be stopped for open carrying weapons that may just mow down crowds soon enough?

Lazerlatte;n10703131 said:
I don't think there's been any discussion on this topic whatsoever. In a lot of games, carrying around a big gun is only a big deal when you start shooting. CP2077 may be different with the weapon concealment system. Should we be able to waltz past a cop with our Constitution Cyclone and be allowed to go on our merry way, or does anyone think we'll probably be stopped for open carrying weapons that may just mow down crowds soon enough?

sure hope that weapon will have to be concealed when you normally walking down the street.

in any case it should be like npcs in the game. for example if you make a game in 1850. wild west when it was normal to carry weapon for all to see it is normal that your character will carry it openly (RDR2 will be like that). so all that matters to me is how CDPR will make the world and npcs. If 2077 in nightcity is a time where it is normal to carry weapon openly and everybody does it, then we as players should carry it like that. But I believe that most npcs wont carry weapon openly, so we should too have it concealed.

Also, considering classes that player will be able to choose, we see some of them (like corporate or media) are not typicall soldier-like characters that we are used in a classic RPG, they are not primarily warriors, so it would be strange to see them openly carrying a machine gun :) I imagine corporate to be a guy in a suit and a trenchcoat and carrying a briefcase, I dont think that two swords on the back would look too good on that outfit :D

It may or may not be in the game, of course it is more realistic if NPCs react to having your weapon drawn or holstered, but in actual gameplay it is also mostly just an inconvenience. It could also be contextual or automatic, similarly to how Geralt draws or sheathes his sword without your control when in or out of combat. Another possibility is that having a weapon drawn is not considered a threat, but aiming it at someone is. And the threshold may vary by character, too (if I recall correctly, Witcher 3 guards already react negatively to seeing Geralt's sword when there are no enemies nearby).

Last edited:
Top Bottom