Weapon concealment in Cyberpunk 2077?

+
According to the recent cyberware video, Mantis blades are designed with concealment.
The Cyberpunk Wiki also mentions that one advantage of cyberlimb weapons is concealbility[1].
So maybe weapon concealment can be a feature in Cyberpunk 2077? Maybe V needs to hide his/her weapons? That would be reasonable.:cool:

1597558857376.png

[1]https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Cyberweapons

AFAIK in Night City you are free to open carry a weapon. There may be some areas (or missions) which will require you to conceal a gun, though (at least I hope so, because it would make things more interesting).

Apparently in the America of CP2077 world (the states are no longer united I guess), there is legislature that allows you to carry as many firearms as you deem necessary for defending yourself. (timestamped lore video link below)

However, carrying them openly may aggravate other people, and they may take some precautionary measures for defending themselves, such as shooting you.

I don't think that there is a need to hide your weapons in normal day-to-day activites such as walking down the street. However, when you would be entering some special venues or occasions, you may want to hide a weapon or two.. (See how in 2019 E3 demo V hides the handgun on his belt before he walks in to meet Dexter.

In high-security venues such as corpo offices or places that the rich elite frequent, you might need to relinquish your weapons and thus be forced to hide some, I dont know.

Last edited:
I'm glad that other people are also considering details like these.
It adds layers to the experience.

I'd like to see something like this:

I also opened a thread, that touches on concealment (among other things):

However, carrying them openly may aggravate other people, and they may take some precautionary measures for defending themselves, such as shooting you.

I do think that there is no need to hide your weapons in normal day-to-day activites such as walking down the street. However, when you would be entering some special venues or occasions, you may want to hide a weapon or two.. (See how in 2019 E3 demo V hides the handgun on his belt before he walks in to meet Dexter.

In high-security venues such as corpo offices or places that the rich elite frequent, you might need to relinquish your weapons and thus be forced to hide some, I dont know.
You are right. I hope players need to hide the weapons(not just the weapons they equip) they carry in some certain areas.
Post automatically merged:

Agree with you! LOL
Post automatically merged:

Agree with you! LOL

Apparently in the America of CP2077 world (the states are no longer united I guess), there is legislature that allows you to carry as many firearms as you deem necessary for defending yourself.

Yeah but.

Those weapons you are referring are the ones that anyone can carry legally. According to the law in the game in the time on 2077 by now. Not the weapons that are concealed, making you a prospect to become a cyber-psycho by having too many cybernetics. What I wonder is, if having this type of concealed cybernetics that are weapons, could make you behave and be as such in the eyes of the law. cyber-psycho.

Gorilla Arms, Mantis Blades, Projectile Arm System and the others that we haven't seen, that falls into that category, because actually those are concealed cybernetic weapons, by coming from your arms that nobody knows until you use them. Making you way more dangerous individual. Or so that is how I think it will be in regards of what @shadowczj is asking. Those types of cybernetics scream cyberpsycho!

World of Cyberpunk says regular weapons are legal in most of the city ... but prohibited in places like Courthouses, municipal buildings and "corporate zones" (which are private property I guess). In those spaces full body scanners screen for weapons and offensive cyberware.

Also heavy weapons (like miniguns) are prohibited in Night City for everyone except for official security forces.

World of Cyberpunk says regular weapons are legal in most of the city ... but prohibited in places like Courthouses, municipal buildings and "corporate zones" (which are private property I guess). In those spaces full body scanners screen for weapons and offensive cyberware.

Also heavy weapons (like miniguns) are prohibited in Night City for everyone except for official security forces.
I don't think any weapon you could conceal is going to be an issue in CP2077.
Not like you can conceal a machinegun or rocket launcher in the first place.

As to cyberware ... we'll just have to see how they handle it.
But since it's not something you can uninstall when walking into a Corp building I'd bet they just ignore it.

World of Cyberpunk says regular weapons are legal in most of the city ... but prohibited in places like Courthouses, municipal buildings and "corporate zones" (which are private property I guess).
The most current example of a "corporate zone" is the railroad.
Every piece of land that has track is railroad property. Just being on it is trespassing if you do not have authority to be there.
Get caught carrying a firearm or hunting on the tracks by a disgruntled individual who calls the police out because you're walking on the tracks with a rifle.
True story.

I don't think any weapon you could conceal is going to be an issue in CP2077.
Not like you can conceal a machinegun or rocket launcher in the first place.

As to cyberware ... we'll just have to see how they handle it.
But since it's not something you can uninstall when walking into a Corp building I'd bet they just ignore it.

Apparently they won't ignore cyberware. In the world of Cyberpunk it's said that people, after beimg full body scanned, have to deactivate/block their offensive cyberware to be granted access to corporate zones.
Didn't know people could do that. Also I wonder how they prevent people from turning them on once inside.

Maybe CP2077 should take the weapon locking idea from Metal Gear Solid 4 ? (Fingerprining and Database hacking)

The most current example of a "corporate zone" is the railroad.
Every piece of land that has track is railroad property. Just being on it is trespassing if you do not have authority to be there.
Get caught carrying a firearm or hunting on the tracks by a disgruntled individual who calls the police out because you're walking on the tracks with a rifle.
True story.
Railroads are also the greatest example of Corporate Police. Most big railroads have their own nationwide (well, as far as their tracks run) police. They have to be certified police trained, but they have at minimum full policing power on all railroad property plus something like 20 yards from any railroad track. However, most states grant them full law enforcement power in the entire state as they have peace officer status, like how an LAPD officer still has the same power in San Francisco as he does in Los Angeles. Railroad cops mostly handle policing large railyards, railroad trespassing, transit policing (for passenger services) and railroad crossing enforcement (waiting for people to illegally skip the railroad crossing lights).

Apparently in the America of CP2077 world (the states are no longer united I guess), there is legislature that allows you to carry as many firearms as you deem necessary for defending yourself. (timestamped lore video link below)

I don't think that there is a need to hide your weapons in normal day-to-day activites such as walking down the street. However, when you would be entering some special venues or occasions, you may want to hide a weapon or two.. (See how in 2019 E3 demo V hides the handgun on his belt before he walks in to meet Dexter.

Here are some of the original weapon and cyberweapon laws from the CP2020 Police Sourcebook. Evidently from 2020 to 2077 things have changed, but it provides good context.
SmartSelect_20200909-123332_Drive.jpg
SmartSelect_20200909-123345_Drive.jpg
SmartSelect_20200909-123402_Drive.jpg
SmartSelect_20200909-123414_Drive.jpg
SmartSelect_20200909-123436_Drive.jpg

As you can see, they refer to a pretty cheap 25 eb carry permit you can get from the city which is required to carry the listed weapons, with others being illegal to carry in public. The chromebook also delves a little further on this with the "guncam" modification, which I'll post below.
SmartSelect_20200909-124613_Drive.jpg

This seems to imply that carried weapons needed to be registered in many states in 2020.

Thought these would be interesting context from 2020 to add to the discussion!

Top Bottom