Weapon Holster Single Button...

+
Who's smart idea was it to make double ALT holster your weapon and ALSO switch weapons... 1,2,3 for weapon switching, then they have mouse wheel, okay. BUT ALT TOO?? Come on. I never thought I say this, but Bethesda had it right with holding R to holster. Press R to reload, hold to holster weapon. How difficult is this concept as a developer??? We don't need 3 ways to switch weapons.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, YES!

This is driving me crazy! What is the timing or rhythm or whatever just to SIMPLY put away the current weapon???? I'll be damned if I know. What I DO know is that the current configuration SUCKS and it makes the game NOT FUN. How about if CD-whatever just gets over themselves and FINALLY just makes a separate key for holstering/putting away the current weapon from switching a weapon. How friggin' hard is that?

I play on a PC so I can live with most of the current bugs even if they are annoying, but this crap is seriously pissing me off. and all it takes to fix it is giving players the ability to assign a separate key to do so. Or, better yet, how about just making that configuration the default? I know this might seem like trivial bullshit, but it isn't as far as making the game enjoyable. If a weapon is not holstered in some parts, V is suddenly a target when it doesn't have to be.

My god, for me this is the part that pisses me off the most! It takes away from the fun of the game and aggravates the shit out of me!

Look, I'm not some newbie or whatever, I've been playing PC games since the 90's (yeah, I'm older than most but I still love playing PC games), however this is only the second post I have made about THIS game and the only one where I'm bitching. Just make this happen and I'll stfu.

Last edited:
I usually never write on forums, but i have to agree with this topic, this is the single most annoying "feature" in the entire game to me, 90% of the time i fail to holster my weapon and instead change weapon, iv started using the wheel to holster instead..

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, YES!

This is driving me crazy! What is the timing or rhythm or whatever just to SIMPLY put away the current weapon???? I'll be damned if I know. What I DO know is that the current configuration SUCKS and it makes the game NOT FUN. How about if CD-whatever just gets over themselves and FINALLY just makes a separate key for holstering/putting away the current weapon from switching a weapon.(?) How friggin' hard is that?

I play on a PC so I can live with most of the current bugs even if they are annoying, but this crap is seriously pissing me off. and all it takes to fix it is giving players the ability to assign a separate key to do so. Or, better yet, how about just making that configuration the default?

My god, for me this is the part that pisses me off the most! It takes away from the fun of the game and aggravates the shit out of me!

This is only the second post I have made here and the only one where I'm bitching. CD, just make this happen and I'll stfu.
pc users have this until CDPR alter it https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/1902

cartlidge

You rock! That works perfectly!

It's still pathetic that CD left it up to modders to figure out. With that mod, I set holster to the "H" key (big surprise). How hard is that for CD to do?

You rock! Thank you so much! :D

Last edited:
Who's smart idea was it to make double ALT holster your weapon and ALSO switch weapons... 1,2,3 for weapon switching, then they have mouse wheel, okay. BUT ALT TOO?? Come on. I never thought I say this, but Bethesda had it right with holding R to holster. Press R to reload, hold to holster weapon. How difficult is this concept as a developer??? We don't need 3 ways to switch weapons.

CDPR has a history of poor UI design..

Yeah, I especially hear you witgh the holster BS.

Bugs and stuff aside, I really like the game and have replayed it at least 9-10 times. It's fun! Except when I try to holster a weapon - that is maddening. And it seems to me to be something that should be easy to change/add. But, what do I know.

It's a "rich" problem, it's always like that on console due to the lack of "button" available :)
But it seems weird not having a dedicated button on a PC, that's not what is missing on a keyboard...

I have to say Bethesdas interface for the PC is absolutely appalling, Nothing more annoying then having to press up and down continually to navigate through the menus on skyrim pretending my keyboard is a controller when I have a perfectly good point and click tool at my right hand. They may have an hold r for holstering their weapon but their interface is pure dogshit, There is a reason why SKYUI nexus mods complete interface overhaul is the second most popular download for skyrim of all time, without it the game is unplayable. Both cyberpunk and skyrim interface have their problems but I'll take cyberpunk UI over skyrims anyday

Top Bottom