WEAPON IDEAS - Post yours

+
My personal wishlist:

Replica_M32.jpg

Something like M32 mutliple grenade launcher. In the game it would have different versions loaded with different ammo: HE rounds, stinger rounds (non-lethal), incendiary rounds, gas rounds, and so on. (heavy weapons class)

jguz9y1mlaz51.jpg

AR platform equivalent in 2077 with maybe one hidden vintage legendary M16 (vintage guns were a thing in Cyberpunk 2020)

Tsunami_Arms_HR-280.jpg

Some kind of rocket launcher (heavy weapons class)

https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Militech_Electronics_LaserCannon#cite_ref-2 Militech Electronics LaserCannon - I'd love to see how this weapon from CB2020 looks like.

A katana with a sheath/scabbard? The scabbard is basically a cybernetic scabbard that helps repair/ sharpen/ charge/ superheat the katana blade before committing into a draw cut against unaware/stationary enemy.

I really want more attachments... such as
1. muzzle breaks as a option in stead of silencers to make some real nail driver accurate and rock solid weapons
2. scopes with a zoom function, a lot of the current weapons have the range to use them (up/down on D pad while scoped in )
3 .option to increase the magazine capacity.. the more you spend the bigger the magazine ( like the final skill level, infinite potential )
4 .multiple capacitors for weapons that "charge up" ...one is firing...others are auto charging...no waiting for full power while being shot in the face
*...and don't give me any of that "balance" whining either.... you've had to earn the upgrade( crafting skill ) and the eddies to buy them (hunt or buy materials ) so there is your "balance".....whiners don't survive long in NC

these types of upgrades would create incentive to play more to create your preferred or ideal weapon with real in game results for all the hard work. and then the drive to create the next weapon... again , again,....

As a Borderlands veteran I'd say that there are 2 basic principles you could follow when developing a firearm for a game:
1. Practicability, rather obvious and would basically just mean that you try to get more variance in basic gunplay into the game, for example automatic shotguns, burst shooting rifles etc. there is a lot possible without leaving the room of modern technology.

2. The wacky stuff! If for example a power weapon had guaranteed ricochets that split into 2 projectiles each that would be rather hard to actually get working in real life, especially in terms of practicability. But we're talking about a retrofuture vision here, so why not throw in some crazier guns.

The most interesting guns are those that are both practicable as well as special in some way or another. That way players get to express themselves with their guns.

My ideas for unique guns?
I would love a gun that inflicts a random status effect on each enemy it hits and a smart gun that spawns additional projectiles the further the initial projectiles travel.

You played too much with Amara :D
Or too much Maya in Borderlands 2. Anyway, you can't have too many ways to hurt the enemies in a video game^^

I honestly think that Cyberpunk has a lot of potential for some very unique items. Just imagine a close combat weapon that gives your attacks shockwaves that can hit additional targets or a special - and very expensive to craft - grenade that explodes and creates a bio and electrocution effect once each.

There is so much good stuff possible just from combining what's already there. And considering that this is technically the first "loot system" that CDPR has created (yes, an argument can be made about the Witcher 3's loot, at least with the passive effects) I can't say that it's bad. Not at all. It's barebones, but it's also not the main focus of the game, so it doesn't need to have the same depth as for example the loot system of true looting games. Those games live and die by their loot, Cyberpunk does not.

Lever Action Weapons, have a mechanic where you can charge it if it's a tech weapon or a double shot if it's a power weapon. Perhaps even a classical Model 1887 style rifle but cyberized? Oh, more pistols please, and Assault Rifles too.

(Edit)
Just came to mind that a full weapon customization system would be great, but lots of us mentioned that all around the forum ;)

Last edited:
After reflexion, i really would like have a silent smart weapon.

Like an iconic Tchao with this stats :
-Locking target time + 200 or 300%
-Bullets speed : -100%
-Head damage:+100% + 50% crit chance.
-Body/member damage:-200% with 0% crit damage (never doing a crit).
-Low capacity magazine.

Not to hard to add in the game (i think).
Really good in stealth, but very very bad in open combat.

- energy rifles that mostly do thermal damage.
- A tesla-gun that fires a constant arc of electricity
- a modernized version of the AK
- more derp weapons similar to skippy
- the KRISS Vector
- more sniper rifles, especially with muzzle mod slots
- a fully automatic shotgun similar to the AA-12 or Striker
- some classic weapons, maybe the mp-40?
- the ZF-1 from the fifth element

-i don't know if this counts as a weapon, but a flame-/lightning-/acidthrower (depending on the installed mod) cyberware would be dope.
-A grapple cyberware similar to just cause 3

As a Borderlands veteran I'd say that there are 2 basic principles you could follow when developing a firearm for a game:
1. Practicability, rather obvious and would basically just mean that you try to get more variance in basic gunplay into the game, for example automatic shotguns, burst shooting rifles etc. there is a lot possible without leaving the room of modern technology.
Locking weapons to one fire mode is a lazy way to make them feel unique. This game was meant to have a firemode switch that they removed.
The most interesting guns are those that are both practicable as well as special in some way or another. That way players get to express themselves with their guns.
My ideas for unique guns?
I would love a gun that inflicts a random status effect on each enemy it hits and a smart gun that spawns additional projectiles the further the initial projectiles travel.
I'm personally not a big fan of "gimmicky" weapons like the one you described. Real world has enough variety in guns, so there's no need to add wacky guns to make the arsenal feel fun. Unless you lack the knowledge about real world guns to find something interesting, and just have to make things up instead. Many such cases.
Post automatically merged:

- energy rifles that mostly do thermal damage.
- A tesla-gun that fires a constant arc of electricity
- a modernized version of the AK
- more derp weapons similar to skippy
- the KRISS Vector
- more sniper rifles, especially with muzzle mod slots
- a fully automatic shotgun similar to the AA-12 or Striker
- some classic weapons, maybe the mp-40?
- the ZF-1 from the fifth element

-i don't know if this counts as a weapon, but a flame-/lightning-/acidthrower (depending on the installed mod) cyberware would be dope.
-A grapple cyberware similar to just cause 3
Great list, but modernized AK is in the game already. It's the Karnazikov (?) assault rifle.

To expand on my previous post, they could make the flame thrower cyberware so you can still equip your weapons of choice, similar to the wrist mounted flamers mandalorians use.

What I would like as addition is
1) a silencer for snipers (Ashura or so for example) I understand SPT32 Grad and Nekomata do not have that, due to their specific operational execution, but to my knowledge no sniper can get one period. And a more traditional sniper (which could be Ashura a.o.) Could serve such purpose.
2) ability to mod a Copperfield or equivalent standard assault rifle with a grenade launcher.
3) A mod that can change a Defender to a minigun, featuring greatly increased ROF and ammo capacity. That mod would disable other mods probably?
4) Something like a flamethrower or electro gun

[Edit]
I keep forgetting Tactician is a shotgun.
5) a mod that can convert an SMG to a P90 style weapon, that would seem like an interesting tech or power weapon.
6) I dont know if it exists already, never found a rocket launcher just yet. But I would think an a la FO4 quadruple Missile launcher could be cool. Kind of like you portable MRLS. Maybe also allow mods that can change between launch modes {rapidly but unguided, homing launcher or other}

Just in general a mod of (craftable) modification that can make your favo weapon more unique and customize them a bit more.

Last edited:
Top Bottom