WEAPON IDEAS - Post yours

+
- the KRISS Vector
Yes please, though I think they were heading this way with the G-58 Dian. (Move the magazine well to just in front of the trigger, remove the computer and lens, maybe add a vertical foregrip under the fore-end of the barrel and they would look very similar)

It's a shame that it isn't a power weapon (the G-58 is the best looking weapon, but smart weapons are kind of terrible in C2077, compared to power weapons and half decent aim IMHO). If they were to add a power version of the G-58 (G-45 maybe?) in a future update, then I may consider upgrading from 1.12 to try it out...

Last edited:
This game needs mines. 2 varieties proximity and remote. There should also be an ability to acquire the mines you disarmed

Edit a third kind of mine could also be useful, a trip mine that goes off if the lazer is broken

Last edited:

Guest 4564903

Just like others have said, all I want is to be able to duel wield Jackies pistols, I think that would be fitting and pretty awesome.

This game needs mines. 2 varieties proximity and remote. There should also be an ability to acquire the mines you disarmed
To a degree I disagree. Whilst it might be fun, it would probably end up being associated with the Tech skill, which is already a very strong skill.

Also, in almost every game I ever played, I never found mines very useful, when I could just headshot enemies. The only times I ever used them is when I _know_ that waves of enemies are going to spawn-in (Far Cry 4, with the propaganda centres is an example). Then sure I'll scatter a few of them in the enemy pathways between waves (usually on the roads, to blow up whole vehicles-full). That thins out the extra enemies so I don't get swarmed.

Otherwise, I plant mines, sure. But - I always found that I've been able to stealth-kill the enemy with a silenced headshot long before they step on the mine. Bullets are far less scarce than mines and much quieter in a game with stealth mechanics. 99% of times I find myself collecting all of my planted mines, because the area is cleared and they were never detonated.

very simple but terribly technical. the art of sword fighting. {in reality}
I need nothing else.

bl_Katana_001.jpg

very simple but terribly technical. the art of sword fighting. {in reality}
I need nothing else.

View attachment 11212846
Yes we need a proper sword sheath/ scabbard/ sword holster in Cyberpunk, Geralt have scabbard in Witcher 3, why not in Cyberpunk? Don't draw it from the back, but from the hip like a samurai would do.

A sword without a scabbard is like a dude without a dame. Like Jackie without a Misty. Need a holster with guns too, Wilson said about putting gun in your holster to a sixth street guy, but V does not have a holster.

Borg-weapons - Where did they go?? At least let the max-tac use these types of weapons. They are the special super police tactical force, but they use regular weapons like everybody else - they are overall pretty underwhelming and a real dissappointment.

And what about this one with the silencer. I know this particular gun is in the game, but it looks really silly when you equip a silencer to it. It becomes very long. Or have I´ve been using a wrong silencer??

1619286324159.png

And what about this one with the silencer. I know this particular gun is in the game, but it looks really silly when you equip a silencer to it. It becomes very long. Or have I´ve been using a wrong silencer??

No, you haven't been using the wrong suppressor, it's more an oversight/ corner cut on CDPRs part. In reality most of these barrels have threaded ends, which a flash hider, compensator or suppressor would be screwed onto. CDPR took a shortcut with the HJSE and just slapped the suppressor into the end of the flash hider (physically near impossible).

The photo that you have with the suppressed rifle would be correct, presuming that the barrel extends a short distance out of the fore-end (most likely just threading for attachments). From CDPR's perspective, without the weapon model itself changing during gameplay, they could either stick the suppressor onto the fore-end or stick it into the flash hider xD

They were forced to stick the suppressor into the flash hider because the barrel and flash hider are too big (Ø/ outer diameter) to be hidden by a suppressor, were it to be placed on the fore-end as in your picture. Heaps of derp can be observed in the C2077 weapons system by anybody with a decent knowledge of firearms, heh

Borg-weapons - Where did they go?? At least let the max-tac use these types of weapons. They are the special super police tactical force, but they use regular weapons like everybody else - they are overall pretty underwhelming and a real dissappointment.

View attachment 11212966
check this: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/2335
Post automatically merged:

to the topic of thread - all i want, it`s more cyber revolers and also dual wielding (like jackie style), just look on this:
Dual_Pistols_Cutted.png

Last edited:
I would most like "that gun" (as seen in Fallout: New Vegas; the blatant Blade Runner reference)

A few unusual additions I would also like to see: laser cannons, needle guns and a flamethrower. I was surprised the flamethrower never made it in, there's even a "coming soon" notice for it on the 2nd Amendment ads.

And if we're talking cyberware, retractable claws (nails) like Molly Millions, I think something similar to these were Rippers in the 2020 sourcebook?

Some kind of crossbow or shuriken gauss rifle for stealth sniping.
Can't remember the name of the film but there was one in the 80's where the guys were throwing around razor sharp cd's from a wrist launcher
Post automatically merged:

images.jpeg

It was Dark Angel, Dolphin Lundgren hunting this Alien dude

Last edited:
like me,
to those who only fight with the {Katana}, never forget;
{speed is a result, not a goal}

Force field round shield that electrocutes your target if you punch with it and can be used to deflect torso and head attacks when facing the attacker. However it must completely obscure your forward vision while holding up the block and can only be used with one handed weapons.

Kind of a smaller version of this:

1624465837543.png

Last edited:
I've created a sort of proposal for a modification to specifically the Ashura.

Suggestion: Smart/Tech Conversion: Sniper Rifle Ashura CSR
New ability for all V’s who have invested in their Technical ability: With a technical level of 15-ish or higher, An Ashura Sniper Rifle can be converted into a more conventional sniper rifle. The conversion will modify the following:
- Enable: Slot for sniper scopes, slot for suppressor
- Disables: Smart targeting via smart link.
- Amount of mod slots is carried over from the base Ashura that is used in the conversion.
- The weapon gets reclassified to a Tech Weapon, and named: Ashura CSR (Classification I choose more because of the Technical attribute to convert it, rather than to share the same characteristics with other tech weapons.)

Note: While the weapon is classified as a Tech weapon, it does not share the ability to charge it, neither does it have the ability to pierce light cover.

Motivation: From the start of playing this game, I felt that the Sniper Rifle department was missing a type of rifle that allowed a suppressor to perform long distance but stealthy kills. We have 3 base snipers: Ashura, Grad & Nekomata. For 2 types, namely the Neko and Grad it can be understood why these weapons don’t work for stealth. However the Ashura does achieve something very close to it, but appears extremely unreliable, and it depends heavily on the smart link technology.

So, when we discard the Grad and Nekomata as even a potential stealth sniper, we end up with the Ashura as basis where we can build on. Now, what makes the Ashura so typical, and different from the wall-piercing high-powered Snipers that are the Grad and the Neko: Smart Targeting. You can aim in the general direction of an enemy, and as long as you have a line of sight, it hits, by snapping off whatever limb or head you pointed the weapon towards. However as far as a true stealthed weapon it seems extremely unreliable. Also, the smart targeting only works together with a smart link and not everyone wants to use that. And not having a smart link makes the Ashura specifically useless because it does not come (or even can) with a scope, so zooming is terrible and this by itself already impedes it as a real sniper rifle.

So, why not allow a good technical V to convert the Ashura into a weapon that does not require the smart targeting, and gains the ability to become a good conventional-style sniper rifle with additional benefit of being more reliable in stealth situations.

The Ashura CSR could end up looking something like this (stylized from side view)
- Possible scopes to mount: Prospecta & Kanone Max (same as for Grad and Nekomata)
- Possible suppressors: XC-10 Cetus, XC-10 Strix (these seem best fitting)
Alternatively there could of course be made new types, but I do not think that is specifically needed.
Ashura CSR.png

Force field round shield that electrocutes your target if you punch with it and can be used to deflect torso and head attacks when facing the attacker. However it must completely obscure your forward vision while holding up the block and can only be used with one handed weapons.

Kind of a smaller version of this:

View attachment 11229353
That remind something like that (at 2:30) :

Top Bottom