weapon replica

+
Making your own casings is just really risky. You probably didn't check the link out, but the parts of a case and the techniques required to combine them are very advanced. You do -not- want cracked or failed cases. In another post, I mention how a friend's eye was saved by his safety glasses when the round came apart.

Not for kids, kids.
I did check it out. But I'm not sure you read my post correctly:
I imagine the main reason the majority would not make their own casings is because of quality control. But if everyone had machines that could produce identical parts to within a fraction of a percentage of tolerance levels, I don't think that would be such an issue. Right now that sort of machinary is only available on an industrial scale. In 2020 it's available on a much more personal level.

Now, let's talk about rimming.

Very important part of the job. If you don't rim properly you risk the opening being too tight. When that happens, you won't be able to fit in properly. This can be either a waste of time or, much later, a complete fizzle.

The opening has to be wide enough to accept the full circumference, but not so wide the base slips out. Patience and good hands are necessary at this juncture.

Not to worry, though, you can pick up a cheap tool for proper rimming. I've used mine for years with little failure.

My hat is off to you, sir.

Also, I think I shant be turning around within arm's reach of you anymore. No reason. Completely unrelated.

Oh, we have those machines in hand loading now. Tool and die guys do that for not more than a few hundred. It's just that the risk-reward ratio isn't there, for the most part. Cases are pretty cheap and the penalty for screwing up making your own is a bit high. Right now.

In the Future, who knows. Auto-CAD stuff lets you take existing designs and make your own stuff, but I don't know if it's any better in Imaginary Future than now in terms of replacing existing cases.

Auto-CAD is also limited in it's versatility, which is why Malorian Arms and Militech still innovate, design and sell.

Edit: although as I think about it, if a Tech in my games wants to do ANY of this stuff, we've talked about, I'd tell him to go ahead and set it up for me. Most of what I've said would apply to my decision via non-Techs. In 2020, there are so many technically trained and apt persons, they'd really change how backroom homebrew works, I think.

You don't have to turn around, Redge.

Yessss..yes I do.

Takes it beyond sex. Makes it...love.

OKAY THEN. ENOUGH CREEPY FOR TODAY. Off to make Laab chicken and brown rice.

Top Bottom