Weapon UI stat and interraction bug. "Crash" Revolver bug

+
There's a bug if a weapon description is too big, it will prevent the weapon mouseover stat to appear, moreover, it will also prevent said weapon to be dropped, dismantled, and put into stash.

Link above is a 38 seconds video the demonstrating the issue, my "Crash" iconic weapon stat description is way too big and the stat display is either flickering or doesn't appear when I mouseover the weapon, also on the upgrade section, the "Crash" weapon is the only weapon where I need to scroll to see the full stat. Then I tried to store the weapon to the stash and the bug prevents me from doing so.

I did NOT use any sort of duplication or crafting material exploits in this save, all pure natural progression.

My tooltip works fine! Upon upgrading Crash to legendary tho - the exclamation mark popped in and since then I've had to carry it around with me. Stashing worked fine when it was just epic... considering it's one of the weapons having a dedicated slot in the stash room, that's a really sad bug :censored:

My tooltip works fine! Upon upgrading Crash to legendary tho - the exclamation mark popped in and since then I've had to carry it around with me. Stashing worked fine when it was just epic... considering it's one of the weapons having a dedicated slot in the stash room, that's a really sad bug :censored:

I just did a little experiment by replacing the mod with the most description (the non lethal mod) with a simpler mod with only one line description, and the tooltip got fixed UNTIL I reapply the non lethal mod again. I guess there's two bugs now, a tooltip that's too big and the exclamation mark bug

I can't help but wonder if... maybe there's a quest for it nobody discovered yet? That'd be too awesome, eh? o_O

If the weapon has too many stats and description, like the full upgraded Widow Maker with all mod slots filled, the window is too big for the screen size and it does not display properly, it either flickers or doesn't show up at all

If you are on PC (you didn't mention), you can report this here:
(if you can provide a screenshot it might be a good idea to send that too)

Update: i placed one of my guns back into the stash then the weapon stats are showing up again...seems like its really due to a really long tooltip. and the reason other weapons stats not showing its because my very long weapon-stats is my first weapon and every weapon i hv has been comparing to that, so no stats are showing. also this "no stat" thing is happening later in game its because ive been adding more mods into my guns and therefore making the tooltip longer.
Though stats in stash showing 0.00 DPS is still a thing...

I know this is a known issue for awhile...but recently it has escalated ..

it used to be just stats not showing up in stash...then it became SOME weapon stats not showing in backpack...
then weapon stats not showing in stores!!
then 90% of MY weapons - armed or in backpack - not showing stats!!!! (it''s actually only 2 out of 17 showing, the two being the one ive had armed and did not take off, for I fear if i took them off, the stats wont be showing too...)

newly looted weapons arent showing stats as well...

i did use cheat engine to craft some objects, but surprisingly those are the ones with stat showing...and that's the only "mod" that i use...
the clothes and melee weapons are fine, only guns are having the problem...

help...:giveup:

Last edited:
For me, the bug shows up when I try to equip a silencer. All the weapon tooltips just stop showing up. I unequip the silencer and they start working again. It's very weird.

No stats showing especially in the stash is incredibly annoying; all we can hope for is that it gets fixed in the January patch. As it is now the stash is all but useless once you throw crap into it.

i not see this bug :0 your cheat enigine made a bug . except a gun in frig. yes. its not show any dps

cheer

i actually had been using cheat engine in my two previous gameplay and it was fine...
in fact i did nth different in this gameplay...the weapon stat thing just worsen as the story progress...which is weird...

For me, the bug shows up when I try to equip a silencer. All the weapon tooltips just stop showing up. I unequip the silencer and they start working again. It's very weird.

the silencer thing could be it since in previous gameplay i didnt play with guns...i will try sth around it thanks

Well, I feel like the stats related to weapons in this game is deeply broken even beyond that.

I've never used any cheat mod or anything to alter the game myself and the stats shown on my weapons tend to be very...subject to change...

For example, I found a shotgun once, the game shown me 1000+ dps at first (which made me raise my eyebrows in disbelief considering the most powerful weapon I had at this point was around 300dps) but I was like "Okay, if you say so game"

So, I took it with me, then checked my inventory for another reason a few times later and that same shotgun (I had only one in my inventory at this moment so, no possible mistake here) was showing 689dps.

So, I was like "Ooooookay, not like I was sold for the 1000+ dps but where almost half of the damage went? Are they based on calories and burn away as I walk?"

And here, I decided to test something, just for science.
Crafted a couple Crunch to stock in this badboy, just to see if it refreshes the original 1000+ damage and add the effect of the upgrade on top of it.

I checked the dps after doing the manipulation.....602.......

Last edited:
Hi,

I have the same bug after I upgraded Crash to legendary.
Most of the weapon stats are not shown anymore in inventory.

Cu
Thalon

Ever since I pulled Crash from my apartment stash and upgraded it to legendary, I've been experiencing a bug where I can't see the stats of weapons when I hover over them. It shows my other guns stats if I reload and hover over them, but if I try to hover over Crash, or even Skippy which I got recently, it bugs out and renders me unable to check any of my weapon stats.

There's a ( ! ) at the top right of both Crash and Skippy, so I don't know if that's preventing me for some reason, but I've checked stats of other equipment with the same icon so I think this is a bug.

First pic is me hovering over Crash, and the second is hovering over a crafted smart pistol after Crash. In other words, anytime I try and hover over the iconic weapons Crash or Skippy, then the other weapons, literally no hover stat windows work on any of my weapons.

Requesting support please!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-28 165524.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-28 165524.png
    234.8 KB · Views: 150
  • Screenshot 2021-01-28 165713.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-28 165713.png
    86.7 KB · Views: 136
I've been getting a similar bug with an upgraded Widow Maker, but for me it'll rapid-fire flash (holy eye strain, Batman) until I mouse away and then I won't be able to hover over and see stats either.

Last edited:
you describe 2 bugs at once - first the crash is bugged getting a mark after upgrading. but thats not the reason why the weapon layer disappear. thats another bug many of us face. most prob the layer gets to big after upgrading most of the iconics/legendarys at all - this bug appears if the discription of the stats raise the layerheights to high for the displayresolution cause of mod/skill descriptions.... it will just flicker or/and disappear permanent... pc player may be able to fix this issue by adjusting their display resolution to smaller the layer heights (read 1600x900 works for some people) - im on console and have no idea how we can fix the layer bug on our side yet...

for the crash quest item bug u can try to play the side mission sweet dreams where u lose your equipment after getting it back at the end of the mission the mark should be gone (fun fact: skippys as well) - sadly this won't work for Johnnys quest items... : /

Last edited:
That bug appears with any weapon that has bunch of stats.
E.g:

Also, at first place, why the hell do we need that big duplicated images and huge font size in the stat window? And second, why stat window overlaps the weapon list while there is a bunch of empty space at the right side?

Here is my quick edit just for example:

Attachments

• GUI_alternative.jpg
    GUI_alternative.jpg
    464.7 KB · Views: 157
  • Gui_original.jpg
    Gui_original.jpg
    442.2 KB · Views: 200
If you are on PC (you didn't mention), you can report this here:
(if you can provide a screenshot it might be a good idea to send that too)
No, you can't, because even the report form has its own bugs ) (pic attached)

PS: also, i think these topics should be merged

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    247.8 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Top Bottom