Weapons in the Witcher 3

+
Weapons in the Witcher 3

hello,I was wondering if there was any other weapons than swords...
like in the 1st witcher,where you could use axes and daggers...especially daggers

Hello.
Shavod have translated a polish Q&A on the interview and articles's topic.
And I think you will be interested by this quote:
- weapons (including swords) will not last forever and can end up dull if used too much, which will result in minimal damage. You need to regularly pay a visit to a craftsman to maintain it
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...rticles-2015?p=1542435&viewfull=1#post1542435

In the video they used clubs, maces, morgensterns and daggers as an examples.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...rticles-2015?p=1543397&viewfull=1#post1543397

If they've bothered to add superfluous weapons & associated animations that hardly anyone ever uses (I don't have a problem with the principle), then surely they've implemented physical Traps?

No one ever talks about traps, why is that...? Is it because they're the slow, methodical, cold sibling to Geralts sexier skillz...

No one ever talks about traps, why is that...? Is it because they're the slow, methodical, cold sibling to Geralts sexier skillz...

It might have something to do with the fact their TW2 iteration is a horrible, borderline pathetic, device which hypnotizes adversaries into Forest Gump level of stupidity and which Geralt can set in plain sight and faster than a crotch is scratched. That might have something to do with it.

I'm all for traps but TW2's are downright unacceptable.

Geralt in the books uses swords of very specific weight and length. So these "Witcher" swords should be the best weapons. You can have other options temporarily, but if i see optimal builds with Geralt weilding huge 2 handed mauls, i will throw up.

Weapons in the Witcher 3

Hey, I haven't played the first 2 games so I wouldn't know but what kinds of weapons are there in the game? I know there is Geralts steel sword, silver sword, his signs and the crossbow gabriel. I also know you can find different swords in the game but can you pick up weapons, or equip things like axes, maces stuff along those lines? thanks for the reply. And btw the game looks amazing I'm super exited with or without the ability to use other weapons.

No picking up weapons in the Witcher 3

I would love to pick up weapons. So I guess that means no using other weapons at all like axes and spears, maces stuff like that. You can use fists and crossbow though :) I just REALLY hope that fists have animation finishers and stuff like that please, please!!!

In TW1 and TW2 you could pick and fight with other weapons but they are pretty much useless in combat. They deal less damage and using them doesn't look as cool as using sword. Geralt is a master swordsman, so there is no point for fighting with other weapons but plot or player's wish. I think it looks alike in TW3

Yeah I know but just the choice would be appreciated. Idc I would probably use swords but I would like to be able to switch it up

Questions about weapons.

No speaking about range weapons / throw weapon that the game could have.
Does the witcher 3 going to have other main weapons than sword ? ( like axe / hammer / hallebarde / chain / 2 handed sword .. or whatever else )

Mean, ok, they seem want to remain faithful to to original book story ( never read thoses books ) and according to what i remember from the preview games, geralt only use swords.
But on a gameplay purpose, it also could be very fun to be able to use other weapons, so have other move set, or fight tactic.. etc ^^ ( even if it do not correctly follow the original witcher "univers" for that )

If they've bothered to add superfluous weapons & associated animations that hardly anyone ever uses (I don't have a problem with the principle), then surely they've implemented physical Traps?

Yes, traps are meh :)

No speaking about range weapons / throw weapon that the game could have.
Does the witcher 3 going to have other main weapons than sword ? ( like axe / hammer / hallebarde / chain / 2 handed sword .. or whatever else )

Mean, ok, they seem want to remain faithful to to original book story ( never read thoses books ) and according to what i remember from the preview games, geralt only use swords.
But on a gameplay purpose, it also could be very fun to be able to use other weapons, so have other move set, or fight tactic.. etc ^^ ( even if it do not correctly follow the original witcher "univers" for that )

Not sure about the Witcher 2, but in the first game you could use axes. Although it is not true to the character as Geralt is proficient with swords, it would be good to have other weapons for a bigger versatility. Although I,myself, will use mostly swords as a monster hunter would :D

Geralt in the books uses swords of very specific weight and length. So these "Witcher" swords should be the best weapons. You can have other options temporarily, but if i see optimal builds with Geralt weilding huge 2 handed mauls, i will throw up.
HaHa

In the inventory screenshot the silver sword slot was named "silver sword" and the one with the steel sword was named main weapon or something similar. To me that indicates you can equip other weapon types.

It would be cool if we they are letting us use daggers like he does in the books! Like a side arm kind of thing
What if they made the mechanics kinda like ME SoM? Minus the glowing blue trails, Wait, even better!
..I think RockStar did the most realistic/cool looking animations for daggers ever in Red Ded.
That needs to be Geralt's dagger inspiration right there. ;)
I just hope the daggers and traps look and play nothing like they did in TW2, that's all.
;)

Why is the crossbow called Gabriel? I feel like that's something far too nice for Geralt to come up with. I mean, he calls all his horses the same name and doesn't even name his swords. I suppose someone else gave it to him pre-named, but I still can't shake the fact that I snorted milk through my nose when I heard Peter Gelencser say it in the 35 min demo. Such a wanky name for such a simple character! Perhaps a throwback to Geralt's lengthy name as a noob in the books.

I hated it, but now it's growing on me.

Top Bottom