Weather cards

+
Weather cards

With the coming of the 2 rolls. Seems like weather cards wil lget changed somehow in any case. But does those cards really feel like weather. I remember my highschoold years. Our hostel was under a mountain near a forest and sometimes when it rained it yould rain over only the half that was closer to the mountain and there was a pathway to the school and sometimes on the one side it was raining and the other side was sunny. It kinda felt like the addams family house :D. My point with all this is that weather in order to be weather should affect the whole board not only one side or one roll. While that fenomenom with my school years is a natural accurance its not that usual with weather and Having blood moon on just one roll kinda feels odd. I mean how many moons can you have.

So shouldn't the weather effect be like for the whole board not only one roll. That way not only do you get in the "WEATHER" archetype but both oponents get to suffer out the effects of a weather card. And giving a weather cards user better plays againts clear skyes. Becouse if you play weather you don't nessesairly counter the oponents weather effects and you end up running weather clears on your own. That way you get more control on what the weather should be and not tech that much whitch end up the dispute of having more and more powerfull weather rather than just differents type of weather.

With that being sayed card like moonlight could be choose one blood moon for everyone your vampires and echidnas become instant board removals or Full moon for everyboddy where for example curser warewolfs can get extra bonuses and skelliage cursed units have soem archetype playing againt monster moonlight deck called "Give me your full moon". OR the drunken alves from the scoya'tael.

As for the units that use the weather effects like the foglings and the wild hunt hounds that immediately spawn a weather they can just become immune to the weather they inflict. And ancient foglets becoming from +1 when the fog is out to +3 to adjust to the fact that you will be getting hit by the fog. Opening more slots for the deal dmg to units on a roll effects that are currently weak. And this is a great boost to spawning all your ancient foglets at once. cards that move units to a different rolls wil lstill be powerfull.

Cards that clear hazzards on a roll ahould stay the same since it kinda makes sense they ar elike a umbrella on the rain thus making cards like bridge troll still usable. Let me know what you think.

Weather will most likely be reworked again for HC. The problem is the infamous 2 rows system that will be implemented with 90% possibility.

I can only continue guessing, that they are making this change cause 3 rows are harder to balance and there are cards that see next to 0 play, like, anyone remembers there's that Spores card?

And you know what is the way I think it could have seen some actual play in the current game we have? Make Frost, Fog and Rain to synergise with second option for some cards like Full Moon does - make a second choice to apply a Boon and let it buff your WH Hounds, Ice Giants, Ice Trolls - just like Blue Moon does with Beasts and Vampire Units, Fog can also buff Foglets and something else (maybe Relicts or Cursed Units?), Rain to buff Drowners (like - common sense and maybe Harpies and C Harpies). Maybe there will be a need to print some new cards, but will make the game so much more diverse and a lot of cards that do not see play now to be actually playable. Will also solve to a huge degree dry passes R1 for certain archetypes...

Alas, game will look nothing like it looks now in few months, so all of these are just a fantasy booking (if I could say).

the are cards with 0 play because cdpr is too lazy to make small balance hotfixes weekly.
i think weather should affect both players.

Well the big complaints so far is that the general community wants this game to be like the game in witcher 3. Otherwise i don't really mind with the 2 rolls like i posted in the homecommming thread , it can give soem deck more life. And i am starting to like the fog deck as i experiment with the mosters since drowners dont really see play in the wild hunt decks. That deck is set in stone spawn weather until your oponent forfits a round than swarm the board with draktars :D. The fog deck has really no support cards its some sort of low budget low powered deck. Those cards don't generate enough value to be really competitive and most people know the weakness to weather forfit a round since the weather card is 2 dmg people lose lots of tempo. Foglets are a nessesity that is still not enough playing a 6 worth of stats is bad when most common cards generate 8-11.

Also i think they are kinda copying the "meta" system from other popular games where they will just spawn cards that empower those weak cards and everyone not playing the top tier deck gets punished. Instead of giving spots where sertain decks and playstyles can shine and having more different playstyles than spawn more cards to promote those plays. So far the archetype of decks are Weather. Units swarm/booster. Unnoying removal/control. And some archtypes just have it all like the alchemy decks. they mass units that they buff they have great removal. Ok or at least 2 archtypes built in and that makes them really strong. If one thing doest work the other one will shurely work. And there are some different archtypes that can become a game style like consume and revival or a Healing deck where you get cards like olaf that is 20 base power and than you heal him to full. But for now consumes is just another swarm booster deck and there is no such thing as healing some units just have it built in :D where healing decks can punish the control removal deck and punish your oponent for not having the right removal tools for your can they just get healed and you spawn some extra boddy and you gain the upper hand. So far nothing beats removal. Only some fat decks but they are not always consistent.Also i think that debuff decks have potential future with cards that ping all enemyes. But thats not in the topic.

And some cards really work so much better than weather effects. liek archspore and all kinds boost every turn cards they have great boddyes and do what the weather cards do with the exeption they have great stat lines of 7 or more. And you dont lose tempo and you don't need suport cards to pop out of your deck to gain tempo. And you don't need to waste your replacements in case you drew them you just mulligan for something better. We are yet to see what will become of the weather. Lets hope it does not stay some cool flashy effect. And we may see more beneficial weather cards out there.

Well, Gwent is played on an imaginary battlefield. And a battlefield could have many fronts. And just because it rains in one front, doesn't means that it should in the others as well. Similarly, my ranged weapons would be the farthest from my opponent's ranged weapons, so it makes a relative sense that we're not facing a similar situation, as per your own example. For a healthy counter. This is all I wanted to say. Moreover, as you must know, Weather cards in the Witcher 3 affected both players.

Top Bottom