Weather Deck Advise Choices

+
Weather Deck Advise Choices

Hello,

I´m have played Gwent for 2 weeks and I create which I consider a decent Weather Monster Deck (I´m rank 9, won 59 matches, lose 30), you can see my card choices until now in the photo, recently I played Yennefer Conjurer instead of Aard.

Currently I have 1000 scraps and I don´t know what to purchase with them to improve this deck.

I have been thinking about Aeromancy, instead the other silver weather card of the deck. (And obvious improval but expensive and not to much noticiable)

Another option is to Nithral instead of Old Speartip: Asleep, and try to orient the deck Wild Hunt one, with 3 Riders, and all gold cards Wild Hunt except from Woodland Spirit. (This one seems to depend to much in variance....) I prefer the 25 cards decks, and with 3 foglets and 3 black riders seems to be to risky (I tried and sometimes you have or foglets in hand or more than one black rider in hand)

The other option is to purchase Caretaker, I will put it instead of Gerald (Thats the option which I see more solid)

What do you think about this options?
Another different ideas?
What about my decision of Aard instead of Yennefer Conjurer?

Thanks in advance
[h=1][/h]

Attachments

• photo123810.jpg
    photo123810.jpg
    373.1 KB · Views: 111
didn't mean this to be soooo long, sry bout that.

weather is a hard deck to play atm. with clear skies removing all weather with 1 card. most players will have at least 1 or 2 first light for the rally card so clear skies is an option for them too.
(ST decks can pull a clear skies almost any time they want.)
also, D'shackles and the other locking cards remove weather immunity. any points you build up will be reduced to 1.

I've played weather a lot and have a strong deck but at higher lvl's (I'm player lvl 56, rank 11 atm) weather is dead.

all the top decks are built to win/compete against all the other top decks and weather is just not a problem for them now, post patch. (this is intended by the dev's I think. they want to temporally remove weather from the meta which makes it easier to balance the overall game. just my guess).

basically, weather is a tier 2 deck at best and more like a decent starter deck (tier 1) post patch.

that said maybe these suggestions might help.

focus on weathering just 2 rows. ranged and siege might be best. ancient foglets/foglets for point gains and water hag/drowners for control and points.
(some players report having good luck weathering melee, frost giant, nithral, riders, ect. you'll need to play around with it to see what works for you).

keep Old Speartip for the melee row

Aard is better than Caretaker because more often than not you'll be pulling a non-weather card into your weather which means just 1 point for you.

Yen-Con is a decent card and can help keep pressure on your opponents points.

weather is a control deck and has low overall strength so consider either buffing all your cards or going with a lot of point removal cards. kinda hard to build a weather deck these days for both.

if you want to play monsters, consume is still a top deck and is in a much better place than weather at the moment.

hope at least some of this helps, good luck.

Thanks for your reply

I would take Nithral, just for try and use the knowledge for the open beta.

Respect Weather Decks Power now I`m 11 rank, 16 level, and I continue to win more than half of matches, the point is to save the last key weather card to the end that gives me a lot of games. (But I´m going to see it since I´m taking more rank)

My doubt now is if keep or not horn,
I will use Nithral, but I consider that my current version is going to be superior than the wheather wild hunt version, maybe i should try to take out the foglets....... (Because to many times your first hand is rubbish due to fooglets in hand or more than 1 black rider......)

yeah, having both foglets and riders can be a problem. I took foglets out of my weather deck for the same reason you mentioned. and went with Nithral. horn is good but how often do you have 5 cards on a row? maybe use an different silver card and go with thunderbolt potion.

also, in a recent casual match my consume deck was crushed by a weather deck (just after I said weather was dead).

the other player (weather) spammed weather cards, lacerate x2, thunder x2 and D'shackles x2. by the time I realized what he was doing it was too late (I only had 2 clear skies and used them to soon). the player had a 4200 mmr and played very well.
basically both you and him show weather can still work.

good luck

If you just wish to build a decent monster weather - well, you have to play to your strong sides. In terms of bronze cards - weather monsters are rubbish, with a few exceptions. Wild hunt riders are good, so we definetly want them. Ancient foglets can be good, so we'll take them as well. So we naturally need fog sources (at least 3 of them), and foglets come as a rubbish-but-ill-take-for deck thinning. And thats basicly the deck, 10 cards are gold+ silvers, 9 bronzes we just established,just because everything else we have acess to as monsters who play weather is junk. And you have 6 bronze slots to play with (more like 4, since we want 2 fogs). Those 4 - lacerates are good, so are D.shackles.
Golds - Caranthir is still awesome, Leshen is the easiest pick ever if you run foglets, so those 2 are pretty much a must. 2 others can vary. Caretaker is probably the best one to go, he is overall awesome. Last slot is a choice of preferance. Raw power: Imlerith is preferable if you have Nithral, but Triss/Geralt will also do. Regis is also a consideration. CA: Avalch, obvious choice, best spy in game, so he would be an autoinclude... but weather monsters bronze cards are complete junk, so we allready lack in power. There is also a tech: Aard - because nobody expects it nowadays. Igni - because everyone expects it, but its still awesome. Kayran does surprisingly well in securing power against ST, and is a solid pick even without cosume synergy. Yen:Con is allways an option if you feel like a bully. Conventional Yennefer can do very well (Leshen comes with 6 additional bodies, most of your bronzes are de-facto muster).
Lastly - silvers. Its a trouble. You see, in terms of bronze cards - we've scraped by just enough decent cards.
When it comes to silver, we have: Old Speartip, who is bunkers. Nithral, there is no reason not to run him if we have riders and Caranthir. And thats that.
Here we shall decide if we run Crones. They are good, but take up 3 silver slots and make our mulligan extra painfull, even with blacklisting. And we cant really avoid running bronze muster cards, because our other bronzes are junk. If we do - well, last slot goes for aeromancy and were done. If we dont - ADC is a good choice, doubles nithral draws, KoB could be usefull. And toss in some raw power. Iris is the most powerfull swing we can get wtih all the bodies we bring to the table, but demands a removal and is allways a risk of decoy/eithne/buff. Worth the risk if you ask me, but safer option is CH. Thats how i built my Weather control, anyway.
On your build - WH warriors are junk, they arent worth the slots even with Nithral in deck. WH riders on the other hand are 9 power 2 cards thinning 1st turn, so id recommend putting them in any monster deck (at least weather-related one). Water hag is good, trouble is - drowners arent, they are simply too weak. Ive tested drowners + speartip as means of making him proc multiple times, and found the strategy wanting. However in theory it does work, so if you decide to stick to it - best of luck to you, and please do tell us how it goes.

Lastly, if you just wish to play weather control and get ranks - switch for skellige before you commited too much scraps to monsters. They are much better at it ATM.

Captura.JPGHi again to everybody,

I finally manage to reach rank 14 just today, I have played all times Monster Weather deck, (While I´m finishing the Skellige Weather Deck), I lost tons of games with that deck, shrinking rank to 2200 from 2600 which I had when i write the last reply here, and now with 3600 points I´m able to point my success from the ashes, and most importantly to share which I consider are the tips and clues to be face to face against the top tier decks.

For information respect top tiers I suggest this link: http://gwentlemen.com/meta-snapshot-4/

General advices (Which I guess could be applied playing with all decks, and most of yours would consider them obvious):

-Don´t put high same value cards on play at the same time (or SCORCH will find you)
-Don´t play more than 20 points on a row if its possible and above all don´t put high same value cards in that row (or GERALT IGNI will find you), tempo is very important for that, playing with monsters, and particularly with weather decks, even more, so Avallach is a MUST.
-At first, I used to play weather cards in the end if its possible, also if you watch just above you will see that I wrote as a good option to wait till the end to play those cards, now I know that for most of the top decks tiers that was a mistake, PLAY WEATHER CARDS FIRST, KILL KEY CARDS JUST AFTER THEY PUT ON THE RADAR.

How to face top 3 tier decks:

Hanselt promote, all drives around Reinforced Siege Tower, the key here is spawn TORRENTIAL RAIN as fast as possible and kill whatever Reinforced Siege Tower appears, for that match all cards which create damage are high value, Wild Hunt Warrior, Lacerate or similars, Imlerith, Old Steartip, Nithrall with other Wild Hunt cards, so dismiss others cards like Drowner or Ancient Foglet. Keep always all torrential rains cards, almost Northem Realms decks rely absurdely lot in siege row.
Also take in mind that Henselt decks need many times to play Reinforced + gold to create enough value, i would say that the value function of this decks is a Exponential function, if you won the first round remember that, and don´t just pass in the second round, poke around them and play one high value card, and see how they have to spent gold cards which are going to miss in the third round.
Villentretenmerth is a fucking bitch, quite difficult to manage, if possible just pass the round when it appears.

Consume decks, again it´s important to play weather cards in the proper moment, and that moment don´t use to be the end of the rounds, or KAYRAN will find you, Torrential Rain it´s high value again, chrones are everywhere, and also in this games Drowner are quite good to change the location of their Vran Warriors, also with this matches is important to manage the last card that they put, because Consume Decks wins lots of points with that strategy, kill that card if they pass, or just pass if they put a low value card and you don´t need that round.

Scoiatael Control decks, I don´t know how to face properly this decks, i win just 35% of those matches, I consider the black beast of this decks, Clearing Skies everywhere, Ambush cards which I can´t kill......, IF SOMEONE HAS STRATEGIES TO DEFEAT THIS DECKS WITH WEATHER DECKS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW :)

Other decks to beat.

Harald Wounded, I played tons of matches against this decks in rank 11, 12, PLAY STRATEGY IS QUITE SIMILAR TO STRATEGY TO FACE HANSELT PROMOTE, change torrential rain to FOG, play it first, and kill AXEMAN just when it appears, then the rest of the cards are not good enough to win, also if you see that you are not going to be able to kill axeman, keep the Weather card to the end.

Calveit spies, Nilfgaardian decks, just follow general advices, kill toggle units, don´t let them win the card advantage, as Henselt promote, they have the ability to create a high swing action, don´t fall on that trap, don´t play all your cards in your first round.

I hope that I made some mistakes here, it would mean that I can improve more my playstyle and win more. Tell me any suggestion.

Last edited:
I run a weather deck and i am rank 13 right now. It is a very fun deck to play with (in love with it) but struggles heavily against scoiatel with their scorches and ability to uses 4 1st lights in a game and against henselt with his promoted units and yennefer

because of this i realized that if i need to reach rank 15 i will need to change decks.

here is my deck copied it from PNU:

http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/15618-4-4k-weather-monster

now anyone has a tip on how to reach rank 15 by altering this deck a little without the need to change a whole archetype or faction?

I just reach rank 15 today, in the end I´m using the deck which you can´t see just the above,

get rid of potions, and thunders, add more torrential rains, believe me, as I posted before Henselt promote is a good match up for Weather deck, add Drowner, they are quite good destroying Consume Decks strategies and also are good with torrential rain, WATER HAG is a must in your deck, get rid of Octovist, in the current meta, torrential rain is a must, and octovist doesn´t sinergize with that.

Also Wild Hunt Riders are triky, I know that are wonderfull when you have Nithral at game, but the key to win games isn´t create a lot of damage, is destroy the important cards of your rival, (Reinforce Seige Tower, Axeman´s, and also the Consume big ones, and Wild Hunt riders don´t allow you to take drowers inside the deck, and believe they are great.

Besides Wild hunt riders with Foglets are dangerous, I guess that hardly ever, but I´m sure that at least once you mulligan and have more than one rider or Foglet in opening hand.

Summing up: Take out Potion, Thunder and Octovist, add surely Water Hag, and I strongly recomend Drowners instead of Wild Hunt Riders, post above you can see how to play them.

No Title

I dont see the need of alzur double cross in your deck when you wont know what will it pull if you already played nithral. it is a tricky one. Sometimes a drowners and other times ice giant. Plus unless you draw grave hag , you wont be able to pull it with alzur double cross.
This is the deck of one of the tournament finalists:

Attachments

• photo133560.jpg
    photo133560.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 108
Also the deck i use is the best thinning deck i played. I use around 20 to 21 cards every time. Ocvist purpose is card advantage and not damaging ur opponent as CA is essential for weather decks. You always need to finish last or clear skies will find you. It is one of the most thought decks i played. But on the other hand i agree with you. Most of the time my ocvist end up schakled or thundered. I tried the deck above yesterday in casual and it is very interesting. Can get you around igni pretty well ( as it is the weakness of my current deck) but it lacks thining and most of the times i dont draw all the cards that i need.

Today i will try ur version of the deck. Reaching rank 15 is the sign i need to be optimistic about it.

Your are right respect Alzurs Double Cross, I still included because I think or i don´t think good enough another better silver replacement, I mean, my deck has 7 cards which display weather effects, the current metagame relies quite a lot in Siege Row, so in order to win is relevant to own enough weather effect on that row, which means that cards like Octovist or another good option like Ciprian Willey become worst. Also Alzurs.... is quite disturbing when you put a 11 Nithral and you don´t have any choice but put Eredin, and yeah Scoarch appears, or Wild Igni appears

It´s quite difficult to win the card advantage race against ST, even with Avallach.

The decks that you presents.... it like a mixture of consume and weather decks, that I don´t truly know how good would be, but I do not have good feelings about it.

In my deck the key is Weather and destroy, that gives my a considerable rate win against Henselt Promote and Consume Decks, and well I win a fair number of times to ST.

Include more Weather effects, put Wild Hunt Warrios, and laugh at Henselt Promote Players

Consider that all what I´m playing is taking in mind the current metagame. And also that we are talking about weather decks, not other decks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom