Weather post patch

+
Weather post patch

Even though i wish weather gets changed once again in its basic design, i feel like the versions presented on the 3/7/2017 stream today are an overreaction. I understand this is a hotfix to tone down the massive weather spam but there arent enough synergy cards that enhance the effects in one way or another, maybe by making cards not movable when already in Frost or units that are currently affected by fog (the highest) not able to use abilities (like siege machines or sk bears) Caranthir lost a lot of value with the reduction to pinging only one unit.
i hope newly added cards will change that and make weather a viable archetype. Nithral is a very slow card to create considerable value. Maybe weather cards should atleast ignore armor too, which would also be logical.

once more cards are released, not every card has to be superviable at all times, they can be metadependent or less competitive/ more fun, but this current iteration is hopefully not the last design. Id rather have it stronger/with sideeffects and have immunity (on some units) back in the game.

overall i found the changes interestng though and agree with most of them. Thanks for your hard work, Cdpr!

I'm glad it got toned down but rain will be the next frost, just not as good.

This update made a lot of monster decks dead in the water. Mainly those that use hounds.

Not a big fan of that Leo nerf neither but reveal NG was buffed quite a lot.

They use the words I use in the forum! If they viewed my posts and listen to my words and then changed the cards.........I feel really honored if that's the case. They didn't lie, they do listen to the fans. That's what makes them so great.

Okay back to the topic. I am okay with frost and fog. Fog is good anyway because of the foglings. Frost need some synergies I agree. And rain is strong....you can't really do much against it beside clear it. You can buff a card but not nerf a card. Also, will rain counter rod tosser?

MystereSC;n9061390 said:
Even though i wish weather gets changed once again in its basic design, i feel like the versions presented on the 3/7/2017 stream today are an overreaction. I understand this is a hotfix to tone down the massive weather spam but there arent enough synergy cards that enhance the effects in one way or another, maybe by making cards not movable when already in Frost or units that are currently affected by fog (the highest) not able to use abilities (like siege machines or sk bears) Caranthir lost a lot of value with the reduction to pinging only one unit.
i hope newly added cards will change that and make weather a viable archetype. Nithral is a very slow card to create considerable value. Maybe weather cards should atleast ignore armor too, which would also be logical.

once more cards are released, not every card has to be superviable at all times, they can be metadependent or less competitive/ more fun, but this current iteration is hopefully not the last design. Id rather have it stronger/with sideeffects and have immunity (on some units) back in the game.

overall i found the changes interestng though and agree with most of them. Thanks for your hard work, Cdpr!

I do not believe that weather should be an archetype. I believe weather should only ever be an addition to builds, not something that you build around.

Weather is nerfed? About f***ing time i might say. Finally i *may* be able to play a game in casual without using anti-weather stuff and actually win a game.

StrykerxS77x;n9061870 said:
I do not believe that weather should be an archetype. I believe weather should only ever be an addition to builds, not something that you build around.

So monsters can only have one archetype? If weather is not a legitimately archetype, what's the value of more than half the monster units?

DMaster2;n9062800 said:
Weather is nerfed? About f***ing time i might say. Finally i *may* be able to play a game in casual without using anti-weather stuff and actually win a game.

Just listen to yourself.

wildkeny;n9063070 said:
So monsters can only have one archetype? If weather is not a legitimately archetype, what's the value of more than half the monster units?

Monsters specialize in weather and make the best use of it. Which is fine. I don't think I would call it an archetype though. It should always just be an added benefit. People are sick of weather spam decks. Monsters can still put out a lot of weather but they aren't going to crush people with it anymore.

Weather is pretty much self deleted Ihmo.

Also i disagree that it hurts monsters more. It is a change to all factions basically since all of them could spam weather and equally suffer from weather spam.

The game is just different now.

Oh, and the silver mages seems pretty shitty now too.

StrykerxS77x;n9063500 said:
Monsters specialize in weather and make the best use of it. Which is fine. I don't think I would call it an archetype though. It should always just be an added benefit. People are sick of weather spam decks. Monsters can still put out a lot of weather but they aren't going to crush people with it anymore.

Then the base values of monster units need to be boosted because instead of buffing their units, they heavily rely on de-buffing opponents units, with low base power as its disadvantage. Now without weather, how can monster units ever play against decks with strong removals like NR? A petty 4 power unit with no buffing no armor? Weather spam is not even worth it pass rank 10 because you still need half-ass decent base value to be more competitive, and that is also why C-Harpy is the most played bronze of all monster units even in the weather monster deck, but it is also nerfed now.

While I am happy to see weather get nerfed to the ground after so much weather-unhappinness since OB hit, I do think it'll be kinda unplayable for now.

But, that is until synergy is developed. I think the right path now, is to completely rework the bronze weather clearing units into weather synergy units that function within each faction, complementing the factions archetypes in unique ways.

This should be really interesting, if done right.

Also, now that weather became a much weaker effect that will only really have great effects given enough turns, I really believe first light is once again the only real answer that it needs. The bronze units become obsolete, IMO, so reworking would make a lot of sense.

Until more synergy is created though, I don't think weather will see any play at all (also, what's up with nithral? One extra point per frost row per turn? And still in alzur's reach? So... Now he's basically a worse ancient fogglet that works with frost, as a silver, huh?)

Last edited:
Skryba86;n9063670 said:
Until more synergy is created though, I don't think weather will see any play at all

It will see marginal play with the synergy that already exists, specially foglets/woodland spirit shenanigans. I mean, fog+foglets still a 6+ bronze play with 3 thinning and with less weather around means less clear skies too which means your foglets will stick better, seems pretty good to me.

Laveley;n9063540 said:
Weather is pretty much self deleted Ihmo.

Also i disagree that it hurts monsters more. It is a change to all factions basically since all of them could spam weather and equally suffer from weather spam.

The game is just different now.

Oh, and the silver mages seems pretty shitty now too.

Yeah I like the changes but the one for Aeromancy can ruin a nice little combo for one of my decks.

RIP

Eithne -> Natures Gift -> Aeromancy -> White Frost for the 3x DBP buff (and that's after i've already used White Frost and Natures Gift for more value)

Link3933;n9063730 said:
Yeah I like the changes but the one for Aeromancy can ruin a nice little combo for one of my decks.

RIP

Eithne -> Natures Gift -> Aeromancy -> White Frost for the 3x DBP buff (and that's after i've already used White Frost and Natures Gift for more value)

Spell tael is probably dead just with the weathers nerf anyways. Without effective AoE removals that deck simply wont work as it is used to work. I mean, an special heavy ST build is probably still playable, but it will require a lot more of units and revolve around the merc + rally combo instead of dbp's.

wildkeny;n9063580 said:
Then the base values of monster units need to be boosted because instead of buffing their units, they heavily rely on de-buffing opponents units, with low base power as its disadvantage. Now without weather, how can monster units ever play against decks with strong removals like NR? A petty 4 power unit with no buffing no armor? Weather spam is not even worth it pass rank 10 because you still need half-ass decent base value to be more competitive, and that is also why C-Harpy is the most played bronze of all monster units even in the weather monster deck, but it is also nerfed now.

CDPR has a history of big nerfs without compensating for the changes. I'm sure you are right that monsters will need some buffs now after these nerfs. Consume monsters will probably be the best to play for a bit.

I agree weather should not be an archetype in its current form, as it is too mindless. maybe that didnt come clearly enough across in my op. I believe they should revisit the design and give weather more interesting interaction than just tickng damage per round. Either by reworking especially the bronze cards or adding more synergies. A slow and stalling archetype that plays for long rounds and rotting the opponent can be a healthy addition to the game due to the power creep in cards that very likely might occur in the future (with expansions, but we already see a glimpse of it with NR) where heavy synergy tempo plays that thin high card count decks very efficiently and devalue a lot of more basic cards probably (soon). Newer players will benefit the most of it as they won't have enough cards to create those big tempo decks that still have the power to be thinned through. I think the high card count decks of NR are great, its good not every deck has to be 25 cards only, but they will only get stronger. The best action though is releasing more cards so we'll have more diverse metas and deckideas, so i am excited for the next content!

StrykerxS77x;n9063830 said:
Weather has been a top complaint since early closed beta. This is a long overdue reaction.

Weather is a problem for new players because everyone gets access to them from the start. It is oppressing if you don't have a decent deck. However, once past certain level and you have adjusted your deck accordingly with better units than the starting deck, weather effect becomes insignificant. IMO, instead of nerfing weather in such a harsh way, they could have taken weather away from the starting deck.

Top Bottom