"Weather Update" with no weather updates?

+
"Weather Update" with no weather updates?

Maybe I'm missing something but the only two changes to weather I see are nerfing Ragh Nar Roog and Draught by 1.
Seeing no reason why weather spam would be any less annoyingly OP after this update.
What gives, CDPR?

Hitopopamus;n8888130 said:
Maybe I'm missing something but the only two changes to weather I see are nerfing Ragh Nar Roog and Draught by 1.
Seeing no reason why weather spam would be any less annoyingly OP after this update.
What gives, CDPR?

I feel similarly. They uploaded on YouTube the stream with the title "Weather Update" and besides the two Gold Weathers there's no weather update or any othet info if they feel it is working as intended or not.

Now, i have said i find weather an absurdity because it is has an ongoing and permanent effect on the board. Why would you make Lacerate -2 dmg and then give it a permanent effect and go, "Ye, i made a great new card, enjoy". That's it, i am not against it, i like having it as another Special card in the game, but i do feel many cards atm. lack imagination, they lack the fun factor mostly.

Remember, weather function as is, made them create a whole new series of units to clear weather. Do you see what is wrong here? These new units have practically 0 synergy in any deck, faction or archetype. On top of that many Faction are missing, or do not have still tools to maximize their effectiveness (as NG managed to eventually have, but prolly not after the nerf -balancing is hard on the knees- because NG is losing efficiency, not just power, but tempo as well).

Anyway, i think it is a deeper thing to look into and there should be discussions about it, though Weather is the most discussed topic and it had tons of feedback but still, it remains the Weather Card game to me.

IMO the best solution for weather would be to make it apply on turn end e.g.
- Opponent used fog on you
- On your turn you don't immediately receive damage from fog so you have a chance to counter it if you have such a card.
Seems pretty balanced to me this way.

ibilibertas;n8888500 said:
or any othet info if they feel it is working as intended or not.

They did said that they were fine with blizzard (and by that i imply that they are fine with the other bronze weathers too) on the first patch stream... so yeah, weather spamming for at least another patch period... and only god know until when.

Weather is fine as it is any nerfs to it would make the entire game uninteractive and braindead.

it should affect both sides. period.

but then we have foglets dying in fog, frost giant boosting himself to 10 only to freeze to death... This game does not make sense anymore.

Bugii;n8891910 said:

but then we have foglets dying in fog, frost giant boosting himself to 10 only to freeze to death... This game does not make sense anymore.

Because its not random weather. The weather is actually created by a magician and designed to attack whats in it. There you go the game makes sense.

I wouldn't say weather decks are very balanced.

Bugii;n8891910 said:

I do miss the good old Gwent where they would cast on both sides and in it's logical and appropriate row, and how some units are immune.

It is very un-fun to play against weather spam meta decks.

Weather does need a bit of tweeking. I would suggest bringing back unit immunity to weather. HOWEVER only immune to one type of weather, for example, Frost giant to frost, Ancient Foglet and foglets to fog, water hag to rain, etc...and similarly other units to an appropriate immunity that seem to lack any good abilities. This of course could be linked with the weather being casted on both sides, if you find the idea too OP or whatever

Last edited:
Tschjo;n8892030 said:
Because its not random weather. The weather is actually created by a magician and designed to attack whats in it. There you go the game makes sense.

Oh, so all these units are fighting on one batlefield, yet only "red" soldiers are affected by snow, and only blue soldiers are affected by drought. Makes sense.
Heck I can imagine it, a swordsman dying in the hot sun is about to kill an axeman standing half meter away from him, but as he swings his sword the axeman dies in cold frost. The swordsman is almost dead, the sun and drought is just too much, but luckily there is a rain storm just 3 meters away from him, right where another axeman is standing.

Bugii;n8892550 said:
Oh, so all these units are fighting on one batlefield, yet only "red" soldiers are affected by snow, and only blue soldiers are affected by drought. Makes sense.
Heck I can imagine it, a swordsman dying in the hot sun is about to kill an axeman standing half meter away from him, but as he swings his sword the axeman dies in cold frost. The swordsman is almost dead, the sun and drought is just too much, but luckily there is a rain storm just 3 meters away from him, right where another axeman is standing.

Again its a selective magic weather it only actually uses "cold" on enemy units. If you arent a weather mage who can summon any kind of weather change at will i wont further discuss this matter with you and keep attending my studies. I have conquered all the spells for summoning cold weather but yet still have to master the ways of summoning hot ones.
Dead units come back to life in this game and that isnt a problem for you ;)

Long story short: When discussing games dont use real life as an example. It doesnt mean anything. Games should be discussed under ingame points such as game feel, balance, bugs... Applying real life comparisons can be fun but ultimately means nothing.

Tschjo;n8892970 said:
Again its a selective magic weather it only actually uses "cold" on enemy units. If you arent a weather mage who can summon any kind of weather change at will i wont further discuss this matter with you and keep attending my studies. I have conquered all the spells for summoning cold weather but yet still have to master the ways of summoning hot ones.
Dead units come back to life in this game and that isnt a problem for you ;)

Long story short: When discussing games dont use real life as an example. It doesnt mean anything. Games should be discussed under ingame points such as game feel, balance, bugs... Applying real life comparisons can be fun but ultimately means nothing.

Right, I was comparing it to the Witcher universe, lore etc. Silly me. Didn't thought about "selective magic".
Ok, I'll just wait and see. Hopefully one day we will get NR consume deck. Can't wait to see Ves devouring whole blue stripes commando and lay eggs to spawn catapults or something and stuff

Bugii;n8893400 said:
Right, I was comparing it to the Witcher universe, lore etc. Silly me. Didn't thought about "selective magic".
Ok, I'll just wait and see. Hopefully one day we will get NR consume deck. Can't wait to see Ves devouring whole blue stripes commando and lay eggs to spawn catapults or something and stuff

Explain the reviving. Oh wait its also not in the witchers universe. Not once someone has been revived the exact same way they were before and then all of a sudden also pulled his entire army that are the same with them (QG). Get over it this is nonsense ill stop now.

Tschjo;n8893770 said:
Explain the reviving. Oh wait its also not in the witchers universe. Not once someone has been revived the exact same way they were before and then all of a sudden also pulled his entire army that are the same with them (QG). Get over it this is nonsense ill stop now.

why ?
this conversation is fun.
Mmmkay :( I'll stop.

Ok so how about.. partial weather immunity coming back (aka "Immune to Frost" not all weather) + Weather keeps its currect dmg AND gets applied on both rows this way Foglets won't die even if you play fog and it affect both ranged rows. There problem solved, everyone happy and we can finally nerf weather decks without them being crap anymore!
(also next patch lets nerf Tibor, he starts from 0 str now and then gets 25 when in Graveyard! Genius! jk but the above statement could become the next way weather works.) :comeatmebro:

Well, I just "learned" the hard way that Skellige Storm's effect has been turn left to right from right to left.

Why?

AlkamlBan;n8893910 said:
Ok so how about.. partial weather immunity coming back (aka "Immune to Frost" not all weather) + Weather keeps its currect dmg AND gets applied on both rows this way Foglets won't die even if you play fog and it affect both ranged rows. There problem solved, everyone happy and we can finally nerf weather decks without them being crap anymore!
(also next patch lets nerf Tibor, he starts from 0 str now and then gets 25 when in Graveyard! Genius! jk but the above statement could become the next way weather works.) :comeatmebro:

that would be awesome.

partci;n8894480 said:
Well, I just "learned" the hard way that Skellige Storm's effect has been turn left to right from right to left.

Why?

Guys look!
He found another one! So that makes 3 weather cards changed in this long awaited weather update.

Top Bottom